PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to Sea World

Sunshine1010
11-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm asking this for my brother for an upcoming trip in December 2008:

He'll be staying at the Old Key West (hopefully), and he wants to take his family to Sea World.

How should he get there?
1. Rent a car?...if so, where and how can he do this?
2. Get a taxi?...how much both there and back?

Thanks in advance.....

Marilyn Michetti
11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Go to the TTC, and get on a Lynx bus. (You can google the routes), or ask at Guest Relations. Anyway, it's $1.50 each way, and lets you off right in front of SW. The return trip picks you up on the opposite side of the road. It's about a 20 min. trip, and the busses run around ever half hour.:thumbsup:

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Is a Lynx bus a city bus?....

Do you have a site or something I can go to that has the information?

TheRustyScupper
11-25-2007, 01:39 PM
1) Transportation to Sea World
. . . Lynx (regional public bus)
. . . MEARS
. . . taxi
. . . rental car (on-site rentals available)
2) I do not recommend
. . . Lynx - schedules not always kept
. . . MEARS - have left people stranded
3) I recommend
. . . rental car - picked you up at resort
. . . taxi - easy to get either way

NOTE: I would most recommend the rental car. Besides, you can stop and go to breakfast or dinner at a non-Disney location along the way. You can even do souvenir shopping at some of the bargain places.

quicksilver
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm asking this for my brother for an upcoming trip in December 2008:

He'll be staying at the Old Key West (hopefully), and he wants to take his family to Sea World.

How should he get there?
1. Rent a car?...if so, where and how can he do this?
2. Get a taxi?...how much both there and back?

Thanks in advance.....

Hi,

Sorry for the intrusion...:blush:

We do also offer transfers from the WDW resorts to all Orlando attractions.

A round trip with our luxury sedan (towncar) to Sea World is $65.00 (gratuity not included).

Hope this informayion helps.:thumbsup:

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Gregory ---- that's AWESOME. I will definitely tell my brother and sis-in-law about this.

Reservations needed?....and 65.00 is including tax?

Also -- on a side note: how much would a taxi be round trip? (just to compare prices)

quicksilver
11-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Gregory ---- that's AWESOME. I will definitely tell my brother and sis-in-law about this.

Reservations needed?....and 65.00 is including tax?

Also -- on a side note: how much would a taxi be round trip? (just to compare prices)

Hi,

Yes, reservations are better placed online through our website at www.quicksilver-tours.com (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com) A confirmation email will be sent within 24hours of submission. All our rates include all tolls, fees, taxes and surcharges; everything but gratuity ;).

Taxis should run a bit cheaper, around $50.00 round trip + gratuity.

My best regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

BelleandtheBeast
11-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Lynx Bus or call a taxi. Those would be your best options in my opinion. :mickey: I love sea world. Tell Shamu hi for me.

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Sadly, I'm not the one going. It's my brother and his family who will be staying with us during our DVC stay.

The last time I went was in 1994, and from what I hear...things have changed for the better.

Sunshine1010
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
So....I'm comparing prices:

Car Service: $65.00
Taxi: $50.00
Car Rental.....???

1. Where would someone go rent a car if they are staying on property?...and how do they go about doing it?
2. Anyone know the average price for a 1 day rental?

Twinsowner
11-25-2007, 10:00 PM
I just recently was at Disney and after checking out all the options decided to use mears for transportation from POFQ to universal studios. I considered all the means you have mentioned. The mears shuttle was $32 round trip. I will say that there was no problem except that I did not allow enough time for the trip. I wanted to be at universal at 9am and scheduled the pickup at 8:20. Little did I know that we had to stop at OKW and Saratoga springs for pickups and then to Sea World first. This was not a problem and it didnt take that long but we just werent expecting it. The ride home was a piece of cake. Got on the van and was home in 20 minutes. Mears and Disney work very closely together so I think you can trust them and its much simpler than renting. I will use them on our next trip despite the delay. Sounds like the other company will be fine also just more expensive. Either way it will work out fine. Just keep the numbers to the company with you in case of a problem.

Piglet822
11-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I just want to clarify the Mears pricing - the fare is $16 per person for round trip transportation, not $32. I'm guessing you were quoting the price for two people.
For car rental, contact Alamo/National. They are located in the Car Care Center near MK and they will pick you up at your resort.

Twinsowner
12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Yes you are right! I was quoting for 2 people. The rate is $16 per person. Thanks