PDA

View Full Version : February Trip?

babsmom
11-24-2007, 08:42 PM
How are the crowds and what would the weather be like the first two weeks of February? We had to cancel our November trip and I am thinking of a February trip (I have airline tickets I have to use). The latest we have ever been is the beginning of December. What can we expect ? Would the spring be better crowds and/or weather?
It's Disney so I know it will be great but I would like to get the most for our time there. I would appreciate any advice.

discjoker
11-24-2007, 08:44 PM
I went at that time a few years ago and the crowds were VERY light and the weather was pretty chilly (especially at night). It actually was a nice time to go if you don't mind the cool weather.

MiaBella
11-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Feb is a great time as long as it isn't presidents day I think that is in Feb and also Valentines would be a larger group time @ Disney.
We went in Feb and had a wonderful time.

Have a wonderful trip :mickey::mickey:

Pipalotta
11-24-2007, 10:16 PM
We went in Valentines week in 2005 and oh my we will never do that again. It was so crowded we barely rode any of the rides because we didnt feel like waiting. Our hotel was over run by some kind of high school band. The weather wasnt bad, most days we wore jeans and tshirts. Some days it was warm enough for skirts/shorts and some days it was cold enough for sweatshirts.

mrsgaribaldi
11-25-2007, 01:30 AM
My birthday is Feb 8th and we have been there many times for my birthday. The crowds were always pretty light. Just sometimes it was really cold. Otherwise it's a great time to go:thumbsup:

faline
11-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Early February is a great time to visit though the weather can be variable and even, downright cold. As you get closer to Presidents' Day weekend, crowds pick up considerably. Presidents' Day Week is one of the busiest of the year and begins the busy spring break season which stretches through Easter week.

BelleandtheBeast
11-25-2007, 03:16 PM
The first 2 weeks in Feb. are the best time to go. Low crowds and great weather. The end of Feb. the crowds pick up but not too bad.

babsmom
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all the good information. Looking at a trip starting 2/9 and trying to stay at Port Oleans Riverside, I heard back that they are sold out for that week. This makes me nervous in regards to crowds. So, now we are looking at a week earlier or maybe a few weeks later. Thanks again for your help!

ibrowse17
11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Another thing to consider is that it will be Mardi Gras holidays for some folks. It will be for us, which is why we will be headed down to Disney. Not sure how that will affect the crowds, but fingers crossed that it will not be bad. Also, be prepared for all kinds of weather. On our last trip in Feb 07 we froze our tails off and then burned up all in one week! Have a great trip:thumbsup:

bshaw96
11-26-2007, 07:45 PM
My birthday is Feb 8th and we have been there many times for my birthday. The crowds were always pretty light. Just sometimes it was really cold. Otherwise it's a great time to go:thumbsup:

Hey, that's my birthday :thumbsup: And this will be our first trip in February too. Just dh and I are going, no kids this time. Though I'm sure I'll have moments of guilt, it will be nice just the 2 of us. Never had a chance to do that before the kids, and have been several times with them, but never just us. Will be there Feb. 8-15, so will also get in Valentine's Day.

BiloxiMom
11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
The first Tues. of Feb. is Mardi Gras. We went that week a few yrs. ago, and it was a mad house. I'm not sure who in Louisiana was left to celebrate Mardi Gras, because they were all at Disney!!!

NJMan66
11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
I've been to WDW 4 Februarys in a row ranging from the 9th - 20th.
- Weather can range from 60's to upper 70's during the day. Last year it was only in the 50's for 4 days out of 8.
- Crowds keep on getting busier and busier every year. Once President's weekend hits, it might as well be the middle of summer between the Daytona 500 and school vacations.

Personally I will never go to any of the parks ever again during President's weekend!!!:mad: The problem is, if the weather is not warm (at least 70 degrees), then a day at the pool is not as much fun as it would be if the temp was warmer. However I did notice a slight drop-off in crowds the day AFTER president's day in the parks.

prshell
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
What's Mardi Gras Holidays? We're going Feb. 2-8.

buzznwoodysmom
11-28-2007, 08:12 PM
This year Mardi Gras is Feb. 5th. We were in WDW this past Feb. and it wasn't crowded at all until the weekend we left. That was the weekend leading up to Mardi Gras. Our last day there, which was a Saturday, massive crowds showed up!