PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Feedback....

ravsluvdisney
11-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Myself, DW and our 2 DS' have made 5 trips to WDW over the past several years. We have grown fond of calling the POLY (three stays) our home away from home but this most recent trip may have changed all that! We did the land/sea combo (see: 11-day Oddessy in Trip Reportsfor more) and spent one extra night when we returned at the Beach Club. Well - first impressions were great. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Getting a towel animal made for you in the lobby - I mean come on! :number1: The room we got was 4689 overlooing the pool area. Room seemed quite large and very clean. A bit worn in spots but nothing to detract.

Anyway, we did only stay one night. Can anyone with some more staying experience here at the Beach Club give us some feedback? What you like and don't like, food options, transportation convenience, etc. We think our 2008 trip will be here unless swayed otherwise. Thanx as always!!:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
11-25-2007, 10:00 AM
We stayed at the BC in Dec. 2006 so I will tell you what we liked and disliked about it.

We liked
Being so close to Epcot it was a quick walk into the WS and we loved this.

We had a deluxe room that is slightly larger than a standard room and it was pretty big. It would have been plenty big enough if it had been just the four of us but with a 19 year old college student with us with 3 suitcases it was a bit cramped but we did have alot of stuff with us.

We did not like
After staying at the AKL it just felt like any other hotel to us. We are from Maine so the seaside coast is really no biggy for us.

We hated the bus system. We had to share a bus with the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk and Yaht Club. We were the last stop so by the time the bus got to our stop it was usually full and we had to stand. Plus on the way back to our resort it took forever for them to stop at all those stops before ours.

The concierge service was very poor compaired to what we had experienced in the past at AKL. They made several mistakes in our planning and ADR's and did not even apologize. I would never stay concierge here again.

My kids liked the big pool but I hated that they had to walk all the way across the main walkway to get to the stairs and I could not see them. Thank goodness my neice was with me so she would go to the stairs with them and I would wait at the bottom of the slide for them to come down. We also felt it was just too congested and not relaxing at all. We are more quiet people so we ended up using the quiet pool more than the main pool.

Would we stay here again? Maybe if the kids really wanted to but not concierge.

mrsgaribaldi
11-25-2007, 10:41 AM
We liked
Being so close to Epcot it was a quick walk into the WS and we loved this.

I would never stay concierge here again.

I agree 100%:thumbsup:

disney323
11-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I have stayed at the Poly 2 or 3 times and the Beach Club 1 time. I love them bot for different reasons. BC is very easy to get to Epcot and MGM, Buses elsewhere. Poly Easy to MK and Epcot, buses after that. Both have great places to eat and great views. Both can also ave long walks to your room. My personel choice is the BC because of the 2 min walk to Epcot and the atmospher with the Boardwalk a few minutes away. The icecream shop and the fresh mad gellato in the BC store is very good.

iheartdisney
11-25-2007, 12:06 PM
I'll second Mrs.Garibaldi's post.

We love the proximity to EPCOT but have been very disappointed in concierge.

And I'll add one more thing....depending on the season, the pool will usually tip the scale for this family. We LOVE Stormalong Bay!

LudwigVonDrake
11-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I stayed at the Beach Club Villas in July 2005 and LOVED it. You can't go wrong with a view of Spaceship Earth from your room :D

thejens
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
We have stayed at BC and AKL and will be trying the Poly this May. We've also done ASMovies for a night. I loved AKL the most for the exotic theming and relaxing pool and animals. But I loved the BC too. What I liked about BC: the pool was grea for my big kid and the sand was great for the toddler; location near Epcot awesome, boat ride to the Studios a nice change of pace, charming staff (especially the kind doorman who traded pins with my son,) I love Cape May for breakfast and dinner, and pleasant ambiance overall. What I didn't like: the pool is too large to relax and try to watch kids! They are quickly out of your sight! I grew up on the shore in New England too, so the theme is not as exciting to me, but I did think it was very pretty and soothing.

brownie
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
We haven't stayed at the Beach Club since our first trip in 1994, but given a choice (and the money in the budget), we would stay at the Beach Club every trip! We have been back for Goofy's Beach Bash character breakfast on almost every trip, though.

I like the atmosphere and the proximity to Epcot. There's easy transportation to Disney Studios, and the Boardwalk is a close walk away. The main pool area is really a mini-water park, and you have Beaches & Cream ice cream shop.

I'd say give it a shot for your next trip.

Baloo Da Man!
11-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Love the BC! Cannot beat the short walk home after Illuminations. The boat to MGM (DHS) is very pleasant. We never had any problems with the buses, but then again, we are early birds and probably avoid the morning crowds.

Sometimes, we'll go to MK in the morning, hop on the monorail to Epcot for a few rides, then walk back to the room for a nap or swim.

The kids love the pool. They could stay there all day. Ice cream by the pool, what could be better?

The short walk to Boardwalk is an extra perk. There are a wide variety of meal choices within walking distance: (BW, BC, YC, Swan & dolphin, Epcot). The character breakfast at BC is quite good.

The rooms are clean and bright, but nothing spectacular. Then again, we are never in the room, so that is not a priority for us.

The only negative we had was during Soap Weekend at MGM. Apparently, some of the people connected with that event stay at the BC & YC and they sometimes get too rowdy. I had to call security to break up an exceedingly loud party across the hall at 2:00 a.m.

We are so happy at BC, that we really have no desire to try anything else at this time.

ErinElectronaut
11-29-2007, 08:13 AM
I've stayed at the Beach Club twice and the Yacht Club twice. I honestly think I will always stay at either one of these resorts every trip if I can.

The proximity to Epcot obviously cannot be beat. The Beach Club Marketplace has great breakfast and quick lunch options. I mean really, you can't go wrong with a chocolate chip gelato for lunch, right?? :tasty:

Also, I have always found it really enjoyable to be in the Boardwalk area. After a long day/night at the park it's so relaxing to just stroll around the Boardwalk taking in all the sights. It's great too if you get back to the resort early and you can catch some of Illuminations from that area.

I stayed at the Beach Club this October and it appeared that the rooms got a pretty good revamping since my previous stay a few years ago. Hopefully the rooms won't look "worn" anymore if you decide to go there!!

I've never been disappointed with anything at the Beach Club (or Yacht Club).

:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
11-29-2007, 09:06 AM
The BC is a great, great place.
What we love:

Art the Greeter who meets you at the door
SAB
B&C for sundaes
Cape May for B'fast
Proximity to BW
Proximity to YC, Swan/Dolphin
Proximity to EPCOT's WS
Proximity to two parks
CM's
Two large pools in addition to SAB
Fitness center

I'm totally biased towards the EPCOT area resorts. We love the location as we normally have dinner in EPCOT's WS each night. If we choose to stay for Illuminations, you simply cannot beat the walk "home." The DVC villas are so close to EPCOT's WS.

Quite often, we head to the BW for entertainment after dinner. Kids have a blast and we can get a drink or dessert and walk around and enjoy ourselves.

The resort offers so many plusses.

Some negatives:

As for buses. We've been on buses that are shared with the YC (BC/YC always seem to share). At different times of the year, they will share with other resorts; however, the BW usually shares with the Swan/Dolphin, leaving the BC/YC on their own.

SAB does close early in the evenings which is always a complaint of ours.

Can't really come up with negatives; as I said, I'm biased and love the place!!!