PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access at the World?

Dopeysgal
11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
I've never been to WDW when I had a laptop (and so many responsibilities..last trip was college)... Where is internet access?

We're staying at ASMu (AGAIN!..only resort left with AP rates), so I'm not counting on it at the hotel.

Let me know. Thanks!

Seasonscraps
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
High speed internet access is available at the All Stars for $9.95 for a 24 hour period. A cat 5 cable is required and will either be in the room or available from housekeeping. This will tell you all you need to know about Connecting at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/computing/howtoconnect.asp)

Have a great trip!

magicofdisney
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
In the rooms there is an ethernet cable to access the internet. The fee is around $10/day.

What-r-ya, Goofy?
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I still can't get over the fact that Disney charges their "guests" for internet service. Oh well!

If you don't want to pay the 10 bucks a day you can always connect using old fashioned dial up. You'll need to verify that your ISP provides this service and that there is a local Orlando area access # to dial into.

All you will be charged for is the local phone call and you'll have $10 more in your pocket for extra Mickey Bars.:mickey:

Marker
11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I still can't get over the fact that Disney charges their "guests" for internet service. Oh well!

Not really that much of a surprise to me. Lots of hotels charge for internet access.

In fact, I've noticed that nicer hotels (Hyatt, Westin, Etc) are are more likely to charge, whereas less expensive hotels (Super 8, Comfort Inn, etc...) are more likely to have free internet access.

I have an aircard for my laptop, so I have internet access regardless. Also, as another option, depending on what you need to do, many cell phones allow interent access. I use yahoo for my personal e-mail and can access it quite easily with my cell phone if I don't have a computer with access.