PDA

View Full Version : Send Pixie Dust for the Jayhawks!

RockChalkKimball
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
We are Jayhawk fans here in Kansas (couldn't tell by my sig, huh?) We will need everyone sending good wishes our way today, as we take on Mizzou in the Border War. My DD is at the game and we are stuck at home watching it on the big screen while the snow flies. GO HAWKS!!:cheer:

medic9016
11-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Sorry. No help here. Go Tigers.....

goofhook
11-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I'll send your Jayhawks some pixie dust, if you agree to send my huskies some. They don't look too good against WVU.:covered:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Fellow Jayhawker here. Not to worry, they'll win (it'll just be a bit closer than normal).

Hope KU wins it all just to show the so called analysts that they know nothing. College football does not revolve solely in the Big 10 or SEC.

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 08:26 PM
. College football does not revolve solely in the Big 10 or SEC.

... or the Pac 10 !

With UCLA's win over Oregon today and if USC wins over UCLA next week, Pete Carroll's crew may actually crawl its way back to the Rose Bowl.

One more from Pacific rim, Hawaii is doing great this year.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh well, they lost. Too bad they didn't play the whole game like they played the 2nd half.

Someone please however explain to me how Ohio State (who lost at home to a then unranked Illinois team) can be considered to gain in the polls? They have the same number of losses as the now 11-1 Jayhawks (who just lost at a neutral site to a team that was ranked #4 going into the game). I guess past reputation is more important than current facts when it comes to the BCS.

At least we have basketball to fall back on now.

goofhook
11-25-2007, 08:26 AM
I would love to explain it! Ohio State is sitting at #5 in the BCS, #1 LSU and #2 Kansas lost. #3 West Virginia won and #4 Missouri won. So that would bump West Virginia to #1, Missouri to #2, and Ohio State to #3. If Missouri loses in the Big 12 campionship game, Ohio State would then be #2. If WVU somehow loses to Pitt, then Missouri would be #1 unless if they lose the Big 12 championship game. So most likely it will be Ohio State and WVU in the cahmpionship game. ( Sorry if I confused you ):thumbsup:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-25-2007, 11:44 AM
You didn't confuse me. You just cemented my claim that this system is insane. It's not who you lose to its when you lose to them that matters. Plus, Ohio State should have fallen into the teens for losing to an unranked team on their home field.

goofhook
11-25-2007, 12:16 PM
I should also say that Ohio State won the Big Ten, so that means they will be in a BCS bowl game this year. But, I believe Oklahoma is a good enough team to beat Missouri. WVU and Ohio State will be playing for national championship. I'd bet that WVU will blowout Ohio State just like Florida did last year.

Marker
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Even with the Pixie Dust you requested, the Jayhawks didn't have enough to beat Mizzou.

Next step, revenge on the Sooners.

Go Mizzou!!!!!

Nascfan
11-25-2007, 05:53 PM
One more clarification for the poster who was asking about Ohio State. Illinois was not unranked at the time, but was ranked in the teens. Highly doubtful that a team who wins their conference would fall into the teens for losing to a team that will get a good bowl bid, maybe even a BCS bowl.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I believe Illinois' BCS rank going into the Ohio State game was #31 ("unranked" to me since it was not the top 25). The point is their rank was NOT #4 (like Missouri). It shouldn't matter if they won their conference or not (don't even get me started why they don't play a conference championship game). So OSU loses their only game to a worse team (Illinois is still only ranked #15), but since they won their conference (without an extra game) they deserve to leapfrog a team who's only loss is to a team that is now the new #1? Was the BCS installed to acknowledge conference champs or the best teams?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I know, I know, the BCS was installed to make money.

Nascfan
11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Was the BCS installed to acknowledge conference champs or the best teams?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I know, I know, the BCS was installed to make money.

Neither. You just answered your own question with the only reason the BCS (or as I call it, the BS) standings were created. To make money. You are right about a very important point, it doesn't matter who you lose to, but when you lose. Same reason Ohio State was ranked behind LSU with one loss each, and LSU losing to an unranked (still unranked) opponent. Moot point now with LSU losing again, but same type of situation. Just something we all have to live with if we're fans of college football, unfortunately. However, the ranking I spoke of with Illinois was not BCS, but AP, I believe, just so you're aware of what I was talking about.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Just something we all have to live with if we're fans of college football, unfortunately.You're right about that. I guess in conclusion, I'm just happy to be having this BCS ranking discussion at all being a KU fan! Here's hoping that if our teams lose next year that they do it early! :thumbsup: