PDA

View Full Version : review of Grand Floridian Tea

JerseyMouse
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
If any of you tell DW this, I will hunt you down, but I really enjoyed this! What a perfect break from the parks, from the excitement of the MK to the laid back atmosphere to the GF tea, this was perfect.

I was fighting a nasty head cold, so I went with the server's recommendation and went with a spicy herbal tea that cleared up my sinuses, at least for a while, the finger sammys weren't half bad, but the pastries rocked the house!!

The best part was, the relaxing escape, we could have sat there for several hours and no one would have cared!!

Even though I had to be drug there kicking and screaming, I almost wouldn't mind going again.

OK, now off to find my power tools!! I need something manly to do!

RockChalkKimball
11-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Your secret is safe here!!:secret::whisper:

Jared
11-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the review, Jerry, and don't feel ashamed. I didn't expect to like the tea either, but Cher practically forced me to come. Now it's one of my favorite dining experiences in Walt Disney World.

AbeeNormal
11-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey there JerseyMouse your secrets safe with me too :secret:

It's so nice when something catches you totally off gaurd and you enjoy something you thought you never would. :cloud9:

Here we go again...
11-24-2007, 10:27 PM
I wish we were able to fit the tea in when we were in DW for the Intercot anniversary. There just was not enough hours in the 2 days we were there. I have heard such wonderful things about the Grand Floridian Tea that I will have to check it out in February.
Do you have to make an ADR, or do you think we could walk in?

ElenitaB
11-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Definitely make an ADR... you never know when there's going to be a shower or gathering (like ours in October).

I adored the Tea and have become "tea obsessed." :blush: If Santa's reading this, I'd like a teapot and cup/saucer in the same pattern as they use at the Grandview Lounge (which is Royal Albert Old Country Roses... thanks for the tip, Jenn).

Here we go again...
11-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I love teas. As a matter of fact, I am drinking some hot tea right now trying to chill out and go to bed.
Were there any tea flavors that you would recommend? I like the Earl Grey and plain old tea but would like to try more. I need to stick to decaf because I usually drink it at night... in my Mickey Mouse mug. :mickey:

ElenitaB
11-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Jerry, don't mean to hijack the thread! :blush:

At the beginning of the tea, you are presented with a wide variety of teas to smell and a description of what each one is. Believe it or not, the choice was not easy. (I'm an Earl Gray or Lady Gray kinda gal, myself.)

TheRustyScupper
11-25-2007, 01:29 PM
1) We do several Afternoon Teas a year, including GF.
2) I am also quite fond of them.
3) Both for pleasure and for business.
4) I would not worry about admitting to like it.
5) I feel it makes us more macho and more decisive.
6) All of these are male attributes
. . . we select that which makes us feel good
. . . we know what we like, and don't care who knows
. . . we take along the wife when we know we will enjoy it
7) So, be proud of the selection for the Tea.

Jared
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for another great review, Jerry, and don't feel ashamed admitting how much you enjoyed the tea! In October, Cher (TheSorcererofFantasia) virtually forced me to join her table. I sat down reluctant and left excited to make another reservation.

:tasty:

LizLovesDiz
11-26-2007, 02:33 PM
We leave in 10 days and I have been calling and calling for an ADR and can't get one I am so disappointed ! We are from Mays Landing,hello neighbor !!! :mickey: