PDA

View Full Version : Osmond Overload

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 07:29 PM
What's with this new Osmondmania in the media?

The past few weeks there has been a sudden overload of Donny, Marie, and the gang on all the celebrity talk shows (ET, The Insider, Access Hollywood). The Osmond PR machine is working overtime, especially since Marie joined Dancing with the Stars. Donny's become a Marie advocate so often, he's 'saved' her so often. Given, its better than hearing about Britney or Lindsay, but what's up with this new wave of Osmondmania?

They have a lot of projects coming up, 100 of them went on Oprah, Marie faints on DWTS, and they just lost their patriarch in the midst of all of that.

I grew up in the Osmondmania era and then the Donny & Marie show, they went through hard times and are back again so its nice to see.

Are you fan or foe?

RSGBSG2002
11-24-2007, 01:04 AM
I love Donny. :thumbsup:

He's funny, very talented with acting and singing, and he seems to be a truly nice guy.

He's in a new Disney movie (College Road Trip) and I might see it just because he's in it.

I think it's just coincidence that everything's happening at once. I mean, Marie is the level of "star" that is on Dancing with the Stars, and Donny never stopped doing bit parts and the like in films and such. Their father dying at the same time that they're in the middle of all of this publicity for said projects is an unfortunate coincidence.

So yeah, rock on. I feel so suburban. I like Donny Osmond and Neil Patrick Harris. :blush: So much for my wild teenage days. I guess this means I'm an adult now.:secret:

NotaGeek
11-24-2007, 03:08 AM
I think that the barrage of Osmond has to do with their upcoming tour. It's all promo.

I adore them ... they are that old piece of American History and part of my youth.

RedheadWriter
11-24-2007, 10:24 AM
There is a commmerical on TV now for a trivia game and lo and behold, Donny makes an appearance on it. With a laundry basket, no less!
They did seem to come out of nowhere.
Rachel

ibrowse17
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Just another reason I can not stand reality TV:ack: Unless it was Survivor Fort Wilderness, or something like that!!

i'm grumpy
11-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Fan!

I've loved Donny since the 70s. :thumbsup:

There are some great videos at a certain website.

RedSoxFan
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm a fan too. So nice to see wholesome people instead of Paris, Britney, etc.