PDA

View Full Version : May or September

wendybird
11-22-2007, 01:51 PM
We have always gone in Sept. for low crowds and prices. Considering a May trip. Two Questions: Is the heat and humidity any lower in May? Is it a lot more crowded in May than Sept?

mttafire
11-22-2007, 02:50 PM
IMHO, May and Sept. are the BEST times to go.
In EARLY May crowds are no more larger than in Sept. The weather is PERFECT. Its hot, But not too hot. Humidity is good.
I prefer early May before school lets out.
We usually go the first week. GREAT times we've had!:thumbsup:
Waterparks are fantastic also.
Regards, Shawn

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 03:18 PM
We've gone in May and September. September is great for the prices and crowds and May as I recall is about the same and the weather is a little more moderate than September. Its still humid (compared to where I'm from) but comfortable.

One advantage May has over September is not being in the middle of hurricane season. We were stuck during a hurricane in 9/99 which closed the parks for the first time in WDW history (at that time) but this past September trip was perfect. We only needed the poncho once the whole trip. I guess its always a gamble when planning during hurricane season.

Also in May at Epcot is the Flower and Garden festival so that makes that park festive looking, a nice springtime event.

tiaramom
11-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Does Disney Usually Offer A May Discount?
Or Even April?

BelleandtheBeast
11-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Sometimes in September (the past 2 years) they have had the free dining plan. That is hard to beat.

wendybird
11-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Are there any schools out during the first week of May?

mttafire
11-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Are there any schools out during the first week of May?
MOST schools, I would assume at least 90% are still in during the first of May.
College and k-12 alike.

MinnieMommie
11-22-2007, 11:10 PM
We've gone in May and September. September is great for the prices and crowds and May as I recall is about the same and the weather is a little more moderate than September. Its still humid (compared to where I'm from) but comfortable.

One advantage May has over September is not being in the middle of hurricane season. We were stuck during a hurricane in 9/99 which closed the parks for the first time in WDW history (at that time) but this past September trip was perfect. We only needed the poncho once the whole trip. I guess its always a gamble when planning during hurricane season.

Also in May at Epcot is the Flower and Garden festival so that makes that park festive looking, a nice springtime event.

Having also been there boths months I will have to second this post. I prefer May for the evry same reasons. :mickey:

faline
11-23-2007, 03:29 PM
In my experience, the weather in May pretty much mimics the weather in September. Crowds are low in both months.

nancyL
11-23-2007, 08:09 PM
If you want MY opinion.......
Grin.......
See my Aug or Dec reply.
I think you should not even make a decision. Just go both times. They're far enough apart where by the time you get home from your May trip and Sept rolls around you'll be wanting to go again. And think of all the things you'll "forget" to do in May that you'll be able to do in Sept. Oh heck, go again in Dec then too. Then you can see the holiday decorations!
Get an annual pass- that will make it easier and more worth while. It will justify all those trips too! :)
Thats what I would do if I could.
Im scheming ways to do it as we speak. GRIN.
You only live once!

wendybird
11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
NancyL, I would LOVE to do that! Unfortunately, we are in California so it is not cost effective to go twice. We do have annual passes to Disneyland so we get lots of magic all year. We find DisneyWorld a treat, as you they much more to offer and do (not to mention the Disney Cruise), but we can only go once a year.

Since we have always gone in Sept., I think we'll try May this time.

January-2007
11-24-2007, 11:50 AM
We love May. The weather has always been fantastic for us, and the Flower and Garden Festival is just beautiful. I definately preferred the crowds in September, or rather, the lack there of, but the weather was just too much for us to want to return during that time. We plan on going in May again, and it looks like that's what you've chosen as well! Happy planning. :mickey:

Tink#64
11-25-2007, 11:19 PM
I just had to reply although I can't compare the two months! We've only visited WDW in May, but we think it's a great time! We've always gone the 3rd or 4th week of May, and can tell you from our experience last year, the earlier the better. Last year due to scheduling conflicts, we couldn't plan our trip until the last week of May. All I can say is that I'm glad we had the whole week leading up to the MD Holiday weekend, but we could tell from the minute we arrived that alot kids were already out of school (ours weren't yet), and it was considerably more crowded than we had experienced in previous trips.

We've always had great weather, maybe 1 rain event per trip (out of maybe 9 days!) & had very doable crowd levels. We do alot of fp & have never waited in a stand by more than 20 minutes! We're usually in t-shirts & shorts & sometimes a light jacket for night time events. It seems like the average temp is in the 80's, but we've experienced a few warmer days w/ some humidity. (But being from the Ohio Valley, we're used to that !) We've had lots of mornings starting in the 60's & watming quite nicely by lunch time. With the crowds levels & the weather it's always been the perfect time to visit! The F & G Festival at Epcot is beautiful! May is a great time to visit! :thumbsup:

Alas, we're actually planning our trip for '08 & won't be able to go until the last of Sept. & 1st of Oct. & I'm wondering the same thing in reverse! :unsure: