PDA

View Full Version : Shula's

nu2mousehouse
11-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Any comments on taking kids to Shula's? We have an 11 year old and an 18 monther.

Is this an out-and-out bad idea?
Do they have a kids menu?

Scott

Tinkerbellfan
11-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello,

We went to Shula's a few years back and I do not remember seeing a child's menu. It is an extremely adult themed restaurant - you have two waiters, they bring out the cuts of meat and the meal was more of a dining experience vs. another meal. If I remember correctly, it took over 2 hours to eat. I don't think it is the ideal restaurant for children.

I would recommend the Yauchtsman steakhouse over Shulas for a great steakhouse for a meal with children. We ate there too and it was much more kid friendly. Shulas is the only restaurant other than V&A that I would not take kids to at WDW.

Good luck deciding!

wendy*darling
11-22-2007, 08:34 PM
They do NOT have a kids menu at Shula's.
So I would have to agree, this would not be the best place for kids. Yachtsman would be fine, and they do have a terrific kids menu. If you are looking for steak- Yachtsman is excellent.
If you are going before May 2008- I will also recommend Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary.

nu2mousehouse
11-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Thank you both!

I'll choose something a bit more family oriented on this trip and save Shula's for after the half-marathon...sans kids

Scott

:tikki:

TheRustyScupper
11-23-2007, 12:38 PM
1) Good choice to not take the kids.
2) There are some places that are not child-appropriate.
3) Maybe Yachtsman Steakhouse?

tony2979
11-23-2007, 03:59 PM
totally agree that this really isn't the best place for kids. They wouldn't have a whole lot of fun there.

but

do make a point of a adults only visit when you can. The food is to die for!

tinkerbell04
11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
If I remember correctly, they do offer free child care while the adults are dining.:mickey: