PDA

View Full Version : Lovebugs in may?

deebee29
11-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Planning to go to Florida May 24-June 7, 2008. Is this love bug season? We'll be in Disney for the first week. How bad will this be and how much do they affect the enjoyment of the trip?

Emily
11-22-2007, 12:48 PM
May and September are usually the active months, I believe. But since you'll be there at the end of May, they may be tapering off a little by then? Depends on how bad that season is, just not sure.

Good luck and have fun on your trip, though! :mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
11-22-2007, 02:31 PM
We were there this past May..they were present, enough to make us curious as to what the heck they were and why they travelled in pairs...but there wasn't an overload of them or anything. It wasn't too bad. Most of them seemed to be on the ferry between the TTC and the MK.

Hope that helps.

Chris :hatter:

EPCOT84
11-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I seem to recall more love bugs in May or earlier in the year than our September trips, so be prepared. Are you driving? May need those bug shields on the car :mickey:

11-22-2007, 10:13 PM
We were there this past May from the 19th to 25th. The day we arrived the love bugs were all over the ME bus and we thought they were going to be a big nuisance the whole trip but there were only a few times that we encountered them and it was no big deal. They really didn't bother us much.

Here we go again...
11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
We live in Louisiana and have lots of love bugs. They are not bothersome at all, but I guess for people that have never seen them they can be a little scary.

They do not bite and most of the time you do not even feel it if they land on you.

Try not to let them affect your trip.

tinklover
11-23-2007, 08:56 AM
We were ther ein May of last year as well and we had to stop on teh turnpike twice to wash our windsheilds and once when we got to orlando. they were bad on the turnpike but to bad in the parks they seemsed to have tapered off as the days went and on our way home 3 days later weonly had to stop once to wash the windshield.

DisneyDoug2
11-23-2007, 09:14 AM
We were there last May staying at the WL and the love bugs were out in full force around the bus stations. We really did not notice them around the pool or the ferry docks. Not sure why. Be prepared for them to land on you and everything you own! Rumor has it they are harmless.

DisneyWhirled
11-23-2007, 10:15 AM
We were there in May (16th-25th), and are going the same week in '08. Love Bugs are the only part of a May trip that I do not like! The weather is gorgeous, and the crowds are manageable, but those darn love bugs...ugh! They are just a nuissance. At least they don't bite!

faline
11-23-2007, 03:38 PM
We were there the first weekend in June. There were still some around but not many. I was told they had been pretty numerous shortly before we arrived.

thejens
11-23-2007, 10:04 PM
We were there for a week around last Memorial Day. We noticed them most at the AKL pool but they really didn't bother us. Coming from the Atlanta mosquitoes I found them quite tolerable!