PDA

View Full Version : Just the Four of us Day 7

Tinkerfreak
11-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Cast Me 39 (biggest Disney Freak of the group)
DH also 39 (Just turned 40 and tells everyone we make him go to Disney every year but is always the first one to say lets go back)
DD12 (turning 13 tomorrow)
DD9 (turned 10 on the 18th the same day DH turned 40)

Today we decide to do our traditional last day shopping trip at DTD a day early because we would not have time in the morning before we had to catch our flight home.

We looked around and bough a couple more things. The girls wanted to eat at Rainforest Cafe because we have not eaten here in a couple of years. The food was all good but sooooo much!! We were so stuffed we could barely walk. We looked around in the RFC gift shop for a bit and DD12 and I bought some lotions and body wash.
We decided to head back to the Poly to start packing some stuff up and to enjoy the pool one more time.
Well I ended up having to buy a new suitcase because we could not fit everything in the luggage we had brought. I did not want to pack the bags too full and end up paying a big fee at the airport so we just had to buy a Disney suitcase to be safe(that's my story and I'm stickin to it). When I saw the price I said no way but DH told me to just get it so I did not argue with him.

We had a 5:00 ADR at Ohana's and arrived about 5 minutes early. We were seated within 10 minutes and we really liked it here. We were not crazy about the meats because they were all really dry but we loved everything else. We also loved that is was right in our resort.
We finished eating and the girls wanted to swim yet again. They only used the main pool once because it was cold (and if it feels cold to us from Maine then you know it was cold.) They loved the quiet pool (it was much warmer) and DH and I loved that it was practically outside our door because we were in the Tokeleau building facing the pool.
At around 8:30 DD12 said Mom could we go to the MK one more time to see wishes? DH said "it is 8:30 you will never make it in time". DD said mom please lets just try so at about 8:40 she hopped out and we ran to the room so she could change. She dressed, threw her hair into a ponytail and off we went. DH and DD9 decided to stay in the pool and get to bed early. We ran to the monorail and hopped on and believe it or not we were on Main Street at 9:00 and made it right at the start of Wishes. This turned out to be such a great night for DD12 and I. We watched wishes, did M and a few other rides and watched the 10:30 Spectro Parade. There was a really enthusiastic young guy next to us that kept screaming "Cinderella I love You!!!). He was so excited that all the parade characters kept coming over to us. We finished up the night with one more ride on HM and then made our way to the exit. We were a bit sad because we thought this would be our last Disney trip for a few years. We were worried about taking DD12 out of school for the week and thought we would not be able to do it again next year. We loved the very short monorail ride back to the Poly and went right to bed. We had to meet our car to the airport at 9:00 the next morning and it was midnight.

It was another relaxing great day for all of us and we are sad to be leaving tomorrow.

pdrlkr
11-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Sounds like you had a great day! I love the crazy-dash to see Wishes! Glad you made it on time :mickey:

faline
11-23-2007, 03:46 PM
A spur of the moment request that led to a great way to end your trip!:mickey:

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks for the trip report!! "gotta love:mickey:"