PDA

View Full Version : Josh Groban Noel!!

murphy1
11-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm in between putting the bird in the oven and wondered if any of you other JG fans got his new Noel CD? I just love him, I swear he can make me cry, he is truly touched by God. I am hoping to go see him next year in concert.

NotaGeek
11-22-2007, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying he is touched by God, but he has a nice voice that is MADE for Christmas music.

I saw him on Oprah's Favorite Things episode and I loved his performance, so I will definitely add the CD to my collection this year!

Emily
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I just bought it the other day, Shari. :thumbsup: I've only listened to it once, but it's beautiful, as usual! I love Josh!! Absolutely adore him. My only complaint about the CD is that it doesn't have "O Holy Night" (one of my favorite Christmas songs ever), but I have him singing that song on another CD, so it's no big deal. It just would have been a nice one to have on the Noel CD. :)

If you get the chance, Shari, GO SEE HIM in concert, though! Do whatever you have to do to make it happen! He's wonderful. I mean it's a given that he sounds incredible live (and he does), but honestly he puts on a really entertaining show as well! He's got a great sense of humor and is very interactive with the crowd. His band is fantastic, too. I've seen him 4 times now, I think? And it was worth every penny (and then some) every time I saw him. The last time I saw him (this summer) he was even having some problems with his voice and he still put on such a good show. I felt so bad for him, it was obvious he was trying SO hard, but his voice would crack every once in awhile due to his illness. But on the notes that really mattered, he still managed to belt them out - it was incredible. He said he didn't want to cancel the show and let everyone down, which I thought was really admirable.

Anyway, enough rambling. :blush: Just go see him if you can. ;)

bleukarma
11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
I didn't know he had a Christmas cd out until I saw Oprah's Favorite Things show. Now I have to get it!!! I started out buying his cd's for my aunt because she loves him, but I end up borrowing them all time. Of anybody to put out a Christmas cd I would think he is the person to do it! I can't wait to listen to it. Though I'm sad to hear it doesn't have O Holy Night on it since that is my aunt's favorite Christmas song.

murphy1
11-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Amber, Aaron Neville has a great version of O Holy Night on his Christmas CD's, I can't remember which CD it is, but your aunt would love it, it's one of my favorite Holiday albums along with Harry Connick Jr.

JoshGrobanfan
11-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Well, I have had the CD since it came out. I think it is awesome. I know his fans have been begging for a Christmas CD and he has finally made us all very happy. If you don't have it- what are you waiting for? :) I know it was a little disappointing not having O Holy Night on this CD- but since he already recorded it on another CD they decided not to include it. If you have a chance to see him in concert GO! You will not be disappointed. I have seen him twice and he does an amazing job. Of course I could be called biased which would be ok. LOL I love Josh Groban! He has an amazing voice and is very down to earth. Gotta love that boy!

IloveDisney71
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
I have been waiting on him to make a Christmas cd, since he came out with his very first cd. I bought it a few weeks ago. I only listened to it once when I got it and I've been waiting to listen to it again until it got a little closer to Christmas. I got it out again this past Wed. to listen to while I did some last minute house cleaning for Tkg. It is a beautiful cd, I can't listen to I'll Be Home for Christmas without crying (the soldiers comments just break my heart) so I have to skip it right now. If you love Josh Groban - you've got to go and get his Christmas cd. It's amazing!!!

pixiesmimi
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I bought the new CD this week and listened today for the first time. Loved It! I am a huge Josh fan. I have loved him since his first appearance with Charlotte Church. (Love her too!) They sing beautifully together. My mom heard him sing the first time on Oprah before Thanksgiving and I told her that she needs his other CD's. I'm going to get them for her for Christmas. He is such a marvelous singer and I've never heard anyone else I love listening to more than him. I sure wish he would do a concert around Alabama somewhere so I could go see him.

Dznygrl79
12-02-2007, 08:18 AM
I am not a huge fan of his but I work at Starbucks and we are featuring it, it is a good CD. The music choice is good a good mix of classic and one or two newer Christmas songs.
Itunes has it so you can listen to snipets of each song before you buy the cd

bleukarma
12-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Amber, Aaron Neville has a great version of O Holy Night on his Christmas CD's, I can't remember which CD it is, but your aunt would love it, it's one of my favorite Holiday albums along with Harry Connick Jr.

I just saw this Shari, thanks for the tip, I will check it out!!!

My aunt got the Josh Groban cd last Friday (and of course I borrowed it :blush: ) and it's really good!!! The song "I'll be Home for Christmas" always gets to be (no matter who sings it) because I also grew up with my great-grandmother who would tell me about waiting for my grandpa to come home from the war and how the song always makes her sad. Then Josh puts in the soldiers comments from overseas and I lost it!!!!
I love his version of Ava Maria, I love that song and he has the best voice for it! :thumbsup:

prprincess
12-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I'm not a Josh fan at all, but someone suggested it to me. I took a listen online last week and was hooked--had to have it. It's great and I acutally just listened to it this morning.