PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller question

MicMouse
11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Are the entryways at the World big enough to accommodate a double wide umbrella stroller?

There's nothing worse than strolling along and jarring your children as you bang into the sides of a doorway - or worse - have to pick up the stroller and carry it thru the doorway.

Anyone have any good stroller suggestions?

Thanks!!

PS - This is my first post!:mickey:

DisneyTwirler13!
11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Welcome :pixie: to Intercot!! :rocks:

I'm not sure, but I think that they have those gates that open up for strollers, and, if I'm right, they should be plenty big for your stroller.
If worst comes to worst, you could always rent a stroller...
Sorry if I'm not a big help :blush: but I never had this problem before.

magicofdisney
11-21-2007, 12:02 PM
I don't think you'll have any problems with a double wide umbrella stroller fitting through, although it might be a little tight. Umbrella stroller, in general, tend to be slightly narrower than most.

Kidsmom
11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
I use to have a Maclaren (spelling??) Double stroller and the width was the same size as a wheelchair. In the US all doors of modern buildings are required to be large enough to for a standard wheelchair. (Americans with Disabilities Act) If yours is an umberlla stroller...it should fit. Those tend to be small.

We rented a double from the parks each day as we didn't want to deal with the strollers on the buses. My kids are older (4,6,7 and 9) but it worked nice as they did get tired and we had a place to put all of our junk. The three older ones rotated in when they got tired. (At one point we fit three in there)

If you rent on your first day for your whole stay, I know we got a discount...I not sure how many days it makes it worth it (we rented for 7 days).

Good Luck....and have FUN!

Buttercup
11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
There aren't really a whole lot of entryways to bring your stroller through at WDW.
What I mean is, you can't bring your stroller into lineups for rides -- you have to park it outside the attraction. So that shouldn't be a problem there.
The stores and shops around WDW all have very large entrance ways -- but as far as wheeling around in between the racks that might be another story. A lot of people leave their strollers outside when they go into a shop to browse.
You're supposed to fold down your stroller to get on any of the buses/transportation (unless you get a very laid-back cast member) so that shouldn't be a problem for you.
As far as the actual entrance to the parks themselves, they have very wide wheelchair entrances so you don't have to go through the turnstiles.

If you have a double-wide umbrella stroller, I can't see it being any wider than the double-wide strollers that you can rent at WDW, so I don't think you'll find yourself feeling abnormally large in a crowd.