PDA

View Full Version : Journey Into Narnia closed!

kdsjjb
11-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I noticed on info central, that Journey Into Narnia is closed for "refurbishment" from January 2 to May 23. :thumbsup:

Sounds a little long, so I'm really hoping that they "refurb" this into something else. Maybe something entertaining. :blush:
It was OK to walk through (once), but certainly a skippable "attraction" for us.

Does anyone know what might be going on there?

disneydrmr
11-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't know for sure.. but I do know that the sequel "Prince Caspian" is scheduled for release in May of 2008.. maybe they are refurbing to highlight this movie?

thrillme
11-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I hope they do more with it. My DS and I were so excited about it then so terribly disappointed.

JPL
11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
I am guessing this is also being affected by the Toy Story manaia Construction as it moves into it's final phases. But let's all hope they change this into something new and worth while

Lynn J Mc
11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Hopefully they will do something worthwhile with this total waste of space and time.

Disneypixie513
11-21-2007, 11:03 AM
It'd definately be cool if they are changing it for Prince Caspian! That's one of my favorite books in the Narnia series and i'm really excited about the movie:number1:

magicman
11-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't know for sure.. but I do know that the sequel "Prince Caspian" is scheduled for release in May of 2008.. maybe they are refurbing to highlight this movie?

I'm betting that this is correct.

I just hope it is better than the previous walkthrough. It seems like for such a large scale movie production that more time/money would go into the Narnia exhibit/walkthrough.

Figment!
11-21-2007, 11:52 AM
I am guessing this is also being affected by the Toy Story manaia Construction as it moves into it's final phases.

Yes and Yes.

The closure is partially due to the final construction stages of Pixar Place and partially due to renovations to transform the location into Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Journey into Narnia: Prince Caspian is rumoured amongst Studios Cast to essentially be the same attraction updated to the second movie in the series.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm surprised that it is closed all the way to May 23...I was hoping the update would be open for the opening of Prince Caspin...DD loved the first Narnia movie, and she even didn't mind the exhibit!

castlelady36
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I hope the update is better than then original as we thought it was a total waste of time....not what we thought it would be at all.