PDA

View Full Version : to waitlist or not??? need your help

btuskan
11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
In mid-June, my DD7, Dniece 14, Dniece 22 and DS are taking a vacation together to celebrate DN22 graduating from college. Because we are 4 women, I tried to get a 1-bdr stand view at AKV, but none were available, so I booked two studios at OKW. My dilemma is that our last night is a Friday and I wanted to pay cash for the room. If I waitlist for AKV and get it on points what do you think the availability of getting the last night for cash would be? Should I risk it and if no rooms are available, switch to OKW for the last night? I'd rather be together than in two separate rooms, but the bathroom thing is a big issue! Help...I need your expertise!

Horizon93
11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
That is a good question. Without the cash room being involved, definitely waitlist if AKV is your goal. But I am not sure with the cash night.

I can tell you that OKW is a tremendous resort and you won't be disappointed staying there. Are there any1 brs available at OKW? hey are huge!

btuskan
11-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Horizon 93, Thanks for your suggestion. I've thought about staying at another resort in a 1bdr but then we'd need to bring along an inflatable bed and bedding. I'm not sure I want to go that route. I've done some more thinking and we could probably get two regular rooms at AKL for the last night. If my understanding is correct, it doesn't usually sell out and I have an AP so I could get a discount if they offer one. I'm calling to waitlist as soon as member services opens.

Horizon93
11-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Sounds like that would work. Keep us posted on what happens. Happy planning!