PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Wknd and Getting to Breakfast

mickeysworld
11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
We have ressies at Ohanas (8:15) for breakfast on Saturday, the morning of the half marathon and I'm wondering what is the best way to get there from CBR? Is it a logistical nightmare, should we just cancel and eat at the food court that morning? TIA!

faline
11-20-2007, 07:45 PM
I might choose to take a taxi but do allow extra time. While there's not a lot of impact on the parks, there is impact on the traffic.

SAHDad
11-23-2007, 10:40 AM
I would not take a cab, personally. IIRC, when they close (or limit access to) the road for the half and full marathon, they still let the Disney transportation though, but private transportation has a greater wait.

What I would do is take the bus from the CBR to the TTC, and then take the monorail. The monorail does not have the problems with the road closures. In 2006, we had a fairly early breakfast at Chef Mickeys, and we took the bus from Boardwalk to the TTC, then monorail to the Contemporary, and had no problems.

Beast_fanatic
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
What I would do is take the bus from the CBR to the TTC, and then take the monorail.

WDW Resort Buses don't go from the resorts to the TTC. You'd need to take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get on the resort monorail there. You'll need to catch the very first bus to the Magic Kingdom to have any chance of making it to the Poly for the 8:15 ressie time.