DD#3 (Emily, 4)

Resort:

Caribbean Beach Resort
Martinique Preferred Room
Building 25
Room 2543

Trip Dates:

November 15th through November 19th, 2007

If you've read my pre-trip report, than you know that we are travelling by car from PA to FLA. Our main reason for this trip is for Courtney to attend an Open House at Florida Tech in Melbourne, Florida. Since it is relatively close to WDW, we couldn't resist popping "home" for a few days. Originally, Emily was not going to join us, since I didn't think she's appreciate an all day viist to a college campus, but she got me with the guilt factor!

Thursday, 11/15/07, began as a usual day here. Both Ashleigh and Courtney got up and went to school. Matt did not have an earkly class today, so he slept in, as did Emily. Since this was sort of a last minute idea, we still had plenty of things to accomplish before leaving.

We still had to do those pesky little tasks of getting the oil changed, paying bills that would come do, and a bit of food shopping for some snacks and drinkls to bring with us in the car. With that accomplished, we picked up Courtney from school at 11:15 AM and returned to the house, where the sleepyheads were up and Emily was taking a bath. We packed the car, quite quickly I might add, as we only had 1 suitcase, 1 duffle bag, 1 cooler, and our snacks. This was definitely the lightest we've ever travelled. We drove the 1/2 mile to say goodbye to my Grandmother, and to answer the same questions my Mother repeatedly asks.

By 1:10 PM, we werein the car and about 1 mile down the road, when I realized I forgot 1 important item!:blush: OK, back we go and retrieve it and are now on our way. We were trying to surprise Emily with the news that we were going to WDW, as she thought we were only going for the college visit. I really wanted to see the look on her face when we arrived at the big purple gate! Well, I don't know how she did it, but were not even 10 miles down the road when she figures it out and says "We're going to Disney World now, aren't we?" Of course, Ron and Courtney are definitely NOT poker players and couldn't bluff their way out of a paper bag, and immediately say "Yes we are!" So much for the surprise!

We are now headed down 81S and about 45 min to 1 hour into the trip, when suddenly we see the flares and all traffic is at a standstill. After just having to sit on the turnpike in traffic for 2 hours a few weeks ago, we are not keen on that idea. Instead, when we reach the end of the stopped traffic, we are at an exit, so we take that and then about 1/2 hour detour down some back roads, across 78W and back to 81S again. I didn't mind as long as we were moving.

Once on our reguilar route again, we hit no further delays for the rest of the trip, even around the D.C. area, we managed to get by unscathed!

Despite leaving 2 hours later than on our last trip, and despite our earlier detour, we still manage to arrive on Disney property much earlier than expected! We pulled up to the security gate, where the guard, looked at us and then his watch. Not really wanting to enter the Custom House and check-in so early like last time, we chilled out in the car for a little while and actually dozed off. I woke up at 7:30 AM, and feeling like it was bit of a more respectable hour, I went to check-in. Luckily, there was no one in line (not that I expected any) and better yet, our room was ready! I then went to concierge and purchased 2, 2 Day Passes without hoppers, and 4 tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for that evening! Emily and I still had valid AP's.

Since I had only made our reservations about 10 days in advance, all that were available were water view and preferred view rooms. I chose preferred, as it should bring us close to the food court. And close it was, just a few steps from our building! We quickly unloaded the car, took a moment to regroup and refreshen and were back out the door, ready to hit the parks!

I'll be back with the 2nd installmet soon!

DisneyorBust
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
What a long first day! I have to give you credit for driving straight thru though. It is amazing what we do for a bit of the Disney magic!
Looking forward to your reports!:thumbsup:

offwego
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
How do you do that drive? What a great start though with your locations etc. Looking forward to the rest.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I am looking forward to the next installment> I always love your reports :mickey:

faline
11-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Glad you arrived safely! Emily's far too smart to not figure out that Disney World is in the picture!

You'll have to let us know what Courtney thought of the school!

gauvin4
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Great start to the trip (except the traffic)! :mickey: I look forward to reading more. :thumbsup:

princessgirls
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Heather,

How I smiled when I logged onto Intercot today and saw that you had another trip report!! I haven't been on in a few weeks, due to our move, but today our cable/internet/phone service was installed and here I am.

While I was moving boxes and unpacking you were enjoying all the sights of Disney!

YOU GUYS ARE DISNEY WARRIORS.
Thanks for making my day with your report. Hope Courtney enjoyed her visit the school.
Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
11-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Glad you made it safe.

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:18 AM
thanks for the trip report!! "gotta love:mickey:"

AbeeNormal
11-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Glad to see you had a safe trip :mickey:

I sure hope your daughter likes the school - for that matter I hope you really like it too :thumbsup:

No pulling the wool over Emily's eyes ;)

#1disneyfan
11-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Oooooo, I am so excited for you! What a fun couple days you are going to have!! I am green with envy, I am dying to see WDW at Christmas time. Emily sounds like a very bright little girl!!! Can't wait to read more.

conorsmom2000
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Glad you had a safe trip down to WDW! Sorry that Emily figured out the suprise though! :mickey: Our first trip with Conor was this time 2 years ago and it was so awesome! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
sounds like a great start so far!! cant wait to hear all about it!! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
:D:thumbsup: Awesome first day...I am on to the next!

amorillo
12-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I always read about others from my state driving to WDW. One year I'm going to have to try it... I'm just not sure how my kids would do... but I guess if they knew WDW would be the final stop... it would be worth it!

Can't wait to read more!

BelleCiavo
12-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I wish someone would surprise me with a Disney trip :mickey:

When I saw you were only going for two days I thought for sure you would be flying. I love driving down, 1014 miles of mostly bliss. It's the drive home I don't like so much.