PDA

View Full Version : Review of Crystal Palace breakfast

JerseyMouse
11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
2 big :thumbsup::thumbsup: from DW and I!!! We hadn't been there in a couple years, and we are so glad we went back, the whole experience, from getting into MK before park opening, to the character interaction, to the food itself, was first rate!!!!

It isn't too often, at least in my findings, that you get top notch quality food at a buffet, but this was not the case here, everything was great that I tried, same goes for DW, although we shied away from something called Pooh's breakfast lasagna, which didn't look all that appetizing.

Our server made sure we had plenty of hot water for our tea, and gave me enough OJ for about 5 days worth of good health..:D

We were seated at restuarant opening, and it was a tad chilly the morning of our breakfast, and the funniest part was Pooh would look out the window and throw his arms up at the servers who weren't letting us in just yet, our charcter experience was just great here.

Getting back to the food a minute, they had this potato casserole that was out of this world, so you may want to keep this in mind when you go there.

Very impressed with everything there!!

diznedreamin
11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed both the food and the characters! We'll be there Monday, Dec. 3rd for breakfast as well. We went to CP once for dinner a few years ago, we really didn't enjoy the food, but the characters were wonderful! Hopefully we'll have a rave review of it when we get back!

Only 10 more days!!!! :santa3::tree::deer:

alpro2
11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Breakfast at Crystal Palace is a must on every trip for me. A trip to WDW is not complete without it. It is vintage Disney! :thumbsup:

Jared
11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the review, Jerry. I've never tried Crystal Palace for breakfast but had a wonderful dinner there several years ago.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience!

:tasty:

BethieTink
11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Glad you liked the CP. It is absoultely one of our favorites. The Puffed French Toast is :cloud9: I tried the Breakfast Lasagna in October and loved it. It is actually sweet with pancakes, berries and a creamy filling. It is really good.

Can't wait to go back in May!

DisneyorBust
11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for posting this Jerry! We have an ADR for Chef Mickey's breakfast on December 5th but I am ready to go now!:D

goofysbabe
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the review - I'm always looking for new places to try and I've heard good things about this one! It's going on my list :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
We did this breakfast last December and though our service was poor everything else was superb! And that Breakfast Lasagna was my favorite part of the meal! :cloud9: Thanks for sharing your review!

SBETigg
11-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Sounds delicious! You're making me hungry. Thanks for reviewing.

tiaramom
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Ive Been For Dinner-
And Loved The Character Interaction.
I Found The Food To Be Ok.
It Was A Litle Messy. The Other Visits To Cp Were Great. I Have Yet To Go Fo Breakfast- Is The Parade Still Going On At Breakfast Time W/ The Characters?
How Do The Buses Run- If The Park Isnt Open Yet? Please Explain...
Thanks

DDuck66
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the review. I cannot wait until May, we have a before park opening breakfast lined up!!!! Were you able to go over to the castle and get any pics before the people were let in????

poeticeclipse
11-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I've tried Crystal Palace for both breakfast and dinner and wasn't that impressed. Everything just seemed okay. Although, my husband would go back just for the breakfast pizza from the childrens bar! :)

11-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the review. I cannot wait until May, we have a before park opening breakfast lined up!!!! Were you able to go over to the castle and get any pics before the people were let in????

We also had a before park opening breakfast last May (8:05). Yes, we were let into the park at 7:45 so we had time to walk up to the castle & took several pictures and also took pictures of the nearly empty park. That was the first time for us getting into the park before opening and it was great!

JPL
11-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the review:thumbsup:

I am a big fan of Crystal palace for breakfast you can't beat getting into the park a little early and the food is usually very good:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I am so glad to hear that you had a good time.

We have a CP breakfast scheduled for our trip in May, for the first time! I am really looking forward to it...

SurferStitch
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

We love having breakfast there each trip. We will be back on December 7th for our early breakfast. I love being on Main Street with hardly anyone there!

jenperich
11-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm so glad to hear this! We're going to be there on Dec.1st. I'm very excited to hear that the food is good and the character interaction is also fun. The Pooh characters are my favorite, so it'll be fun. :mickey:

jillluvsdisney
11-20-2007, 06:39 PM
We had breakfast there on November 4rth. The food was good. The service was horrendous. Pat was our waiter and I use the term loosely. We never got drink refills or are plates cleared. I literally had to stack them on a counter to get them out of the way. I'll never do another character breakfast buffet after this experience.

conorsmom2000
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
We finally had breakfast at the Crystal Palace during our trip last year and we just loved it! :mickey: Glad you had such a great experience! :thumbsup:

January-2007
11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
We really enjoyed the Crystal Palace and all that it entailed. Getting into the park before opening, the wonderful character interaction and superb buffet offerings, and getting back out in the park before ropedrop. It's a must do for us on future trips. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, so glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Friend of Figment
11-28-2007, 03:19 PM
I often travel to the world alone. I have always had outdstanding service at CP. The servers take pictures for me (Piglet is one of my favorite characters). The food is good and I've never felt weird being there alone. The food is good. I also like the plus of being in the park early to take pictures if I go for breakfast.

Miss Mouse
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Glad to see a great review of this place - it's a must-do for our trip next summer.

A couple of quick questions, though. Is the selection at breakfast pretty extensive? What sorts of food can we expect? Also, we will be a 20-something newly married couple on our trip - can we expect decent character interaction since there will be no children in our party?

disney323
11-29-2007, 09:40 AM
wife makes us go every trip, with no complaints from me. We used to do breakfast and we tried lunch a couple of trips ago and now we both prefer the lunch.

JerseyMouse
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
A couple of quick questions, though. Is the selection at breakfast pretty extensive? What sorts of food can we expect? Also, we will be a 20-something newly married couple on our trip - can we expect decent character interaction since there will be no children in our party?

We both found the offerings to be extensive, all your standard breakfast fare is here, including Pooh waffles!!

As far as character interaction is concerned, DW and I have no children, and have always had great experiences at character meals, so you'll be fine in that regard!!

dreamofspain
12-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Do you have to be a guest at a Disney resort to get in to the park early to have breakfast at Crystal Palace?:confused: