PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor

Melanie
11-20-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes, I watched this season and all I can say is HUH????????? Was that all a dream? Bizarre!

I've said this before (and I actually kept the promise for a few years) but I won't watch again unless they do a Bachelorette. I honestly can't believe this show is still on the air.

2Epcot
11-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes,I've said this before (and I actually kept the promise for a few years) but I won't watch again unless they do a Bachelorette. I honestly can't believe this show is still on the air.

I have watched some of the episodes this season, and the show is just the same thing over and over, but the show keeps coming back. Each year the women act exactly the same. My wife can't stand the show. They haven't done a Bachelorette show in quite a while. There have been 11 Bachelor shows and 3 Bachelorette shows and they have only had one marraige from Bachelorette Trista. Bachelor # 6 (Byron) is reported to be engaged to the woman he picked, all the others broke up. I think I only watch it to see how crazy the women act.

ChipnDaleGal
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I thought that was a bizzare ending. I am actually steamed I stayed up late to see who he picked and he dumped them both. He seemed like such a nice guy, but now I am not so sure. He didn't have to propose to one of them, but he sure acted like if he couldn't marry one of them he had to end it. I felt bad for both girls, they both looked stunned and very hurt. If he didn't feel either was marriage material then it was cruel to let them both think they were. I know that is the premise of the show and both girls knew the risk, but it still feels meaner this time than it usually does.

goofiecrazy
11-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah the ending was really out there dont understand why he would not pick one of them if his feelings were so strong.. I liked Hilary alot they should make her the next one in line for a show..

sgdisney
11-20-2007, 09:29 AM
The rumors are flying this morning over Brad's very strange behavior last night. They range from Brad being gay to Brad proposing to Deanna tonight on the "After the Final Rose" show. It really makes me wonder how much of it is real vs made up drama for the sake of ratings. After all, isn't it sweeps week?

And why the pegged him as the sexiest bachelor ever is beyond me. I've said from the beginning that he was way down on my list of sexiest men that have been on this show.

KarenP
11-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I stayed up past my bedtime to see who he chose so I wouldn't hear it the next morning. Needless to say I was stunned. I don't think he needed to necessarily be in love who he picked. He should have just chosen the one he had stronger feelings for.

2Epcot
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
He seemed like such a nice guy, but now I am not so sure. He didn't have to propose to one of them, but he sure acted like if he couldn't marry one of them he had to end it. I felt bad for both girls, they both looked stunned and very hurt.

Odd to not pick one of them, but I thought probably for the best. Almost all of these relationships only last a few months after the show, so if he knew he wasn't feeling it mabye it was for the best to get it over with quickly.

ChipnDaleGal
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Odd to not pick one of them, but I thought probably for the best. Almost all of these relationships only last a few months after the show, so if he knew he wasn't feeling it mabye it was for the best to get it over with quickly.

I can certainly understand if the process did not work for him, and I know they still have to make the TV show. But it just seems wrong to string the girls along if he isn't feeling like a love connection is even possible. The way he talked to his family it seemed like he was really into both girls right up to the end. I agree that he shouldn't propose to a woman that he isn't in love with. I think most of the couples at the end are hopeful for their relationship, but realize that it will be very different when they are trying to be a couple in the real world. This ending just feels off.

TheDuckRocks
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
And why the pegged him as the sexiest bachelor ever is beyond me. I've said from the beginning that he was way down on my list of sexiest men that have been on this show.

:ditto: I don't really watch this show but I usually have the TV playing in the background while I read and if there is anything else worth watching I watch that instead.
To give the guy a little credit, maybe he figured if his feelings were so "strong" for both girls it could be he shouldn't be marrying either of them.:confused:

ChipnDaleGal
11-20-2007, 10:33 AM
:ditto: I don't really watch this show but I usually have the TV playing in the background while I read and if there is anything else worth watching I watch that instead.
To give the guy a little credit, maybe he figured if his feelings were so "strong" for both girls it could be he shouldn't be marrying either of them.:confused:

I would like to believe your theory, Kay. I really thought he seemed like a good guy. If he couldn't pick, then I could understand that. I guess he will explain it all tonight.

Mollywobbles
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM

I agree. Although I had only watched only one other episode this season (the early one where Brad revealed that he had a twin brother), I did want to watch this one just to see what was going to make it so "dramatic". I felt like he was going to choose Deanna from watching this episode. I think that he actually had plans to propose to her until the moment came and he thought a little harder about it. I know that he broke both girls heart's, but I'm sure that it may be for the best. None of the Batchleor/Batchlorette couples seem to last (except for the Trista/Ryan and the one or two other couples that are still together). If he had proposed to one of them it would probably only lasted a couple of months anyway. I thought that it was going to be different last season with Andy and Tessa, but it wasn't. They've broken up too. Jenni and Deanna should realize that. It may take them some time to recover, but they'll be fine.

murphy1
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
wow, no one?? I fell asleep at 10 and figured I'll just read about who he picked today. You should not be on the show unless you want to get married, but Heidi Fleiss' brother is producer and that says a lot right there LOL. Deanna's family lives in the next town over from me in Canton. I don't know if you all liked the two girls, but I thought they were both quality women and didn't care who won.

offwego
11-20-2007, 12:10 PM
I think they filmed it (edited it) very oddly and thought it might (as some have said) have to do with the ide that if your feelings are that strong for two girls your not ready to make a choice yet.

But it was odd. (and now I know why I haven't watched more of this show again..methinks this has outlived it's ability to be good tv)

DisneyLandMomma
11-20-2007, 02:19 PM
oh good you all are talking about the bachelor!! I come on last night to see if anyone had posted anything about it but there was nothing.

All I can say is OMGosh...i feel cheated. LOL I watched the whole season(even though I hate this show) and can't believe he didn't pick anyone. It was very very weird. I guess I will be tuning in tonight to see what's going to happen.

Disneypixie513
11-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I know..I was uterly shocked..Me and my mom were rooting for Deanna. My mom says they should just stop filming the show since no one does ever stay together...Now my mom really doesn't like him(she was never too fond of him)..I was so heartbroken for both girls..More so for Deanna i think. I can't wait to watch the thing tonight..Deanna and Jenni better get some darn good answers :mad:

Magic Smiles
11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
IMHO, after watching tonight, After the Ceremony, I think that Brad is gay. I think that he may have just finally come to that conclusion for sure himself. What does everyone else think?
He just seemed to uncomfortable. It was weird.

ChipnDaleGal
11-20-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't know that he gave off any kind of a gay vibe. I think he isn't nearly as interested in a commited relationship as he thought. Or he was just looking to have a good time and do some self promotion. I thought he came off fairly jerky tonight. I wasn't a big fan of Jenni during the show, but I thought she handled herself very well during this After the Rose Ceremony show. I liked her a lot. You can tell that she is much farther along in the healing process than DeAnna is. Ultimately both ladies dodged a bullet and they will both be grateful when their hearts heal.

Melanie
11-20-2007, 11:32 PM
We won't get this After the Final Rose show until next week, but I've been reading that he came off like a total jerk, and how well Jenni handled herself. Deanna sounds like she's still really hurt and vulnerable?

Gay? That's interesting. I didn't get that vibe.

NotaGeek
11-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Gay? :funny:

I am the first person to wish people were gay, but I didn't get ANY gay vibe from him. He's totally HOT, but I think that he was decent to not pick one of them because he had to for the show. I do believe that he is going to use this to make himself famous. He is ridiculously hot, even with all his single syllable words.

Melanie
11-21-2007, 02:47 AM
He is ridiculously hot, even with all his single syllable words.

Yeah, not real articulate, that Brad. :secret:

I guess the more I think about it, it is good he didn't just choose one for the sake of the show, and it sure did make good television. This is more talk about a Bachelor season than I've heard in awhile. Boy, he's getting slammed around the net though.

murphy1
11-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Mel, can you get the show online on ABC's site? They have been showing full episodes, sometimes I go there if I want to see something. I'll write my next stuff a few lines down:
He came off as a schmuck. I mean if he can't find a woman in Austin first off where there are so many beautfiul, smart ones and the ones he had to pick from, it is a little much I think. Both girls were totally impressive and any guy would be lucky to wind up with either. He reminds me of a few guys I dated in Florida who are still single, they say the same crud and then can't handle a real relationship. It was great to see Trista and Ryan, their baby Max is adorable and they are great parents and also Mary and Byron (gotta love my Tampa girl , another place with great women :) hehe. Brad just looked like a scolded little boy the whole time. Michael, my gadar wasn't picking anything up either, so that's interesting you didn't. I think he's scared really.

offwego
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I watched bits of it I admit..and he was really touchy feely with them for a guy who had blown them both off. I thought both girls handled it pretty well. But I still didn't understand why he handled it the way he did.

KarenP
11-21-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree he sure was touchy feely for someone who did not want either girl. I guess he liked both girls, but not enough to have a relationship with either one.

I thought both girls were very classy. It was very apparent that Deanna still had very strong feelings for him. The poor girl was still hoping he would have realized he had feelings for her and given her a 2nd chance.

How sad about Jenni's grandmother!

TheDuckRocks
11-21-2007, 12:48 PM
How sad about Jenni's grandmother!

I couldn't take watch one more night of this show, what happened to Jenni's grandmother?

Jenemmy
11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I couldn't take watch one more night of this show, what happened to Jenni's grandmother?

She passed away recently. They did a video tribute to her last night. She was the one who gave Brad such HECK on the hometown dates -- somebody has to just say it like it is and she sure did!

Jenemmy
11-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Last night's show was so strange. Poor DeAnna kept asking him basically the same question over and over and all of his lame answers just made her more confused! Just when I was thinking he could have left well enough alone, he tells her that he thinks about her everyday....HUH???? I don't get emotionally vested in these shows, but I was ready to smack the TV!

One thing that really would get on my nerves had I been one of the ladies....do you notice in every clip of him with ANY girl he is constantly fussing with her hair? Don't be messing with my 'do!!!! LOL

TheDuckRocks
11-23-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry to hear Jenni's grandma passed away, I really felt she was so brave to stand up in front of a whole camera crew and basically tell Brad to not mess with her granddaughter. My daughter gave me a blow by blow recap of the show the other evening...........what a jerk!!!

murphy1
11-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Uh-oh, get this story, forget what I said about all us Tampa girls being good ones, Mary got arrested for beating up Byron! Actually I used to see people get in brawls at the beach bars and it could get ugly:

Former Bachelor contestant Mary Delgado arrested

Last Update: 12:18 pm

Mary Delgado, Former Bachelor Contestant INDIAN ROCKS BEACH -- A day after making a national TV appearance, former Bachelor contestant Mary Delgado was arrested early Wednesday morning for assaulting her fiancé, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office jail records.

According to her arrest affidavit, Delgado punched her fiancé, former "Bachelor" Byron Velvick and cut his upper lip, causing it to bleed. The report states alcohol was a factor. The report states Delgado admitted to hitting Velvick.

Delgado was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery and booked into the Pinellas County Jail around 1230 am Wednesday. She was released on her own recognizance later that afternoon.

Velvick and Delgado met when she was a contenstant on the sixth season of "The Bachelor". The couple got engaged in the show's final episode and have been living in Tampa for the last 3 years.

The 2 made an apperance on ABC's "The Bachelor:After The Final Rose" special on Tuesday.

Delgado first appearance on "The Bachelor"'s fourth season where she made it to the final four before being elimnated by Bob Guiney.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
The engaged couple in a brawl? Wow, thanks for the report !

By the way, going back to the final rose episode, is it just me or did anyone else get this vibe: At the rose ceremony, even before Brad stepped away for a moment before telling her he did not choose her, Deanna's eyes were cold, no spark or anticipation. Then as he retirmed and started to speak her eyes were downright ice.

IF, big if, Brad is that keyed in to "looking into your eyes" as he seems to believe, no wonder he got cold feet. He didn't see it at that moment, walked away, then he bombshelled her.

Or was it a set up by the producers....... :secret:

murphy1
11-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I could never see her eyes, she was ALWAYS blinking LOL
I think Jenni would make a great bachelorette.

EPCOT84
11-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I think Jenni would make a great bachelorette.

I agree. Time for a Bachelorette again.

LauraleeH
11-24-2007, 01:10 PM
They are getting ready for a new Bachelorette that will air sometime in 2008.

Brad is just a jerk. Ok, you don't want to even give one of these great girls a chance and date?! Fine, don't tell them how much you care about them whether they "believe it or not" and how much you are hurting. I never did like him much...calling him the "hottest Bachelor yet" every single week was an insult.

I didn't like Jenni much until Tuesday. She handled it so well. And I love Deanna, she's so sweet.

NotaGeek
11-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks Brad is a jerk for not stringing these girl along if he didn't feel there was enough there for a dating relationship? I think that his being honest and telling them both "I'm just not that into you" saves everyone the time and they can move on.

Emily
11-24-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks Brad is a jerk for not stringing these girl along if he didn't feel there was enough there for a dating relationship? I think that his being honest and telling them both "I'm just not that into you" saves everyone the time and they can move on.

First, let me preface this by saying that I did not watch "The Bachelor" at all this season, save for the final rose ceremony and then the "After The Final Rose" episode. There was chatter about the final two girls on another message board and for some bizarre reason I got curious and watched those last 2 shows.

Now, while I agree that ultimately Jenni and DeAnna are better off not in a relationship with Brad (and therefore free to find men that really will love them), and yes, I suppose you can give him credit for his honesty in not stringing them along, here's where I have an issue (and I think this was definitely DeAnna's problem as well)... Having just come through something vaguely similar, I will say this irks me on a personal level, so there may be a bit of bias here, be forewarned. ;) (And yes, I read "He's Just Not That Into You" so I'm all too familiar with that concept!)

BUT, my issue with Brad was why (and how) do you say and do things week after week that for all intents and purposes lead DeAnna/Jenni to believe you really are into them, never once really giving any hint that things aren't going to work out, and then BAM! Drop this bombshell on them of, "Oh you know what? On second thought I'm just not feeling it. Sorry babe, hasta la vista." :rolleyes: Like DeAnna even said in the "After the Final Rose" thing - I wouldn't care about an apology, I'd want answers, explanations, something to help me understand! I was just as confused as she was. I mean I watched him tell his family he could see himself married to either one of them, how difficult it was to choose between them (which would imply strong feelings for both), even him telling them "You'll never know how much I'll miss you" or "how much I care about you"... How do you just turn all that off and walk away? Men are obviously much better at that. (Sorry guys.) I can see not wanting to propose marriage, but if you feel something for someone, how about giving it a chance in "real life" away from the cameras and see where it goes? Why just walk away totally?

I personally think Brad's problem is he's got this incredibly romanticized version of what the "perfect" relationship and perfect girl are going to look like, and he won't accept anything less. The problem with that is that few, if any, relationships are 100% perfect all the time. That moonlight and roses and fireworks thing will taper off over time, and you have to be able to live with that person staring back at you! Hopefully the passion and romance stays there to some degree forever in the really great relationships, but friendship and compatibility on other levels are important as well. As long as he's pursuing some unrealistic ideal, he may end pretty lonely in the interim. :shake: (And as we've seen, he'll break a few hearts as well.)

Yeah, I'm not bitter or anything, really. ;) Honestly, I just can't figure out men sometimes. This one just hit home for me, I guess. I can relate to DeAnna, poor girl. I hope she shakes it off and finds someone who will love her for who she is (and same for Jenni!). :thumbsup:

ETA: BTW, I actually don't think Brad is a jerk. I think he's a decent guy. Just a little misguided and idealistic, maybe. But then all I know of him is 2 episodes of a TV show, so who knows!

LauraleeH
11-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I can get over the 6 weeks of him telling them how much he cares about them and stuff, and then deciding he doesn't want to date after all, but don't go and say, "I care about you sooo much, more than you could ever know, and that's why I'm NOT choosing you!"
If you don't want to date them, just say it. Don't keeping say you think about them every day! That makes it so confusing and even harder...believe me, I've been there.

NotaGeek
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
No doubt part of it has to be that they were on a show where he's supposed to say all that. And evidently, the women are all supposed to fall head over heels and then be heart broken when they aren't chosen to be loved.

Maybe the problem is that the whole show is actually guided by the producers. Alcohol is provided and America tunes in to watch the drama. There wouldn't be much of a show after week 4 the bachelor still had no feelings for the girls. AND ... all the stuff Brad said to the women... who says that anyway? I know LOTS and LOTS of straight men, and none of them talk like that to the women they are dating. The whole thing was weird and uncomfortable. Everything that every bachelor has said to woo the women on dates sounded like cheesy lines from a bad TV show. Oh wait, maybe they ARE just lines! I am fairly certain it's been proven that men will say anything to get what they want. :nono:

EPCOT84
11-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Or was it a set up by the producers....... :secret:

The whole thing was weird and uncomfortable. Everything that every bachelor has said to woo the women on dates sounded like cheesy lines from a bad TV show. Oh wait, maybe they ARE just lines!

Manufactured drama. It is November sweeps month. :thedolls:

mjaclyn
11-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I would have had no problem with Brad not choosing either one if he had given them SOME idea during the past 6 weeks that he wasn't feeling it. The fact that he was affectionate, invited all THREE girls up to the suite for the overnight date, and continuously told them how much he cared for them REALLY bugs me. Everyone is saying that by not choosing either one he didn't string them along, but IMO he was stringing them along for 6 weeks straight!!