PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Friends/Family From one Store

PeterPansMagic
11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
I have a question. I want to do my Christmas shopping for Friends & Family in Downtown Disney. Can I buy from different stores and have one store ship them or do they all have to be shipped from that store you purchased them in? Do they wrap the items in Christmas wrapping? Can I buy everything at World Of Disney?

Also the last time I was there they had a store where you can buy a plain t-shirt and then get anything you wanted put on it. Is that store still around? :shop:

Piglet822
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure about the answer to your shipping question but the t-shirt place you're thinking of is no longer there.

illini
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
In order to take advantage of the tax-free benefit, you'll need to ship directly from the store when you make the purchase. Otherwise, the easiest thing to do would be to ship all the purchases from your resort.

I just shipped a purchase from the store last week. Rates for ground shipping were
$9.95 for up to $50
$19.95 for $50-99.99
$24.95 for $100-149.99

I didn't check beyond the $150 mark, but I think she said it went up another $5.

PeterPansMagic
11-23-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm not sure about the answer to your shipping question but the t-shirt place you're thinking of is no longer there.

What I mean here is if I went to all of the stores in Downtown Disney & then go into the World Of Disney can I ship all of the things from there?

Also can I ship to every individual person?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-23-2007, 05:51 AM
Yes you can. It's called post-sale shipping. You just need to have your receipt and the items you want to send. Let the cashier know and they will take care of it for you.

When you fill out the forms, there will be a To and From spot. Put you as From, and whomever you want as To.

I'm pretty certain it will be packed and shipped, but it may not have X-mas paper on it. In fact, I'm about 99% certain it won't. Most things are sent from the warehouses but you can ask the CM's to wrap up the items with tissue paper and put them into a box if they fit.

But as others have pointed out, if you send after each purchase, the sales tax will be removed and you'll only pay shipping. Otherwise, you'll pay for both shipping and tax on the order if you do it all at once.

Also, for each address that the items are being sent to will be seperate shipping charges - so all of Johnny's presents will be $10 to ship and Sally's will be $50. So you might be better off sending it one at a time anyways.

At larger locations such as World of Disney, Mousegears and Emporium - they are all one shop, despite the size. So you can take the merch from one area to the next as long as you don't go outside. This might help in getting all of the merch for one person first and then getting the others so you can take advantage of not paying tax.

Here we go again...
11-23-2007, 11:49 AM
What I mean here is if I went to all of the stores in Downtown Disney & then go into the World Of Disney can I ship all of the things from there?

Also can I ship to every individual person?
Just a tip...

We have shipped many, many items from disney back home. As a matter of fact we learned after the first trip that we would never carry anything again.

There is a problem though. Over the last few years Disney has really started skimping on the packing materials. They no longer wrap each item carefully in bubble wrap or even make sure that the items fit tightly in the box. If they move too much you will end up with bent photo albums and scrapbooking supplies like we did.

We have receive many damaged items in the last 2 years. Disney is great about fixing the problem. I even had one CM tell me that they cut down on the amount of packing materials to save money. Since they do not have enough damaged items to change back to more packing materials they will continue to ship the way they do now and replace damaged items.
Do you want to worry about your friends or family receiving damaged items?

Last trip I went to the Contemporary. They have a shipping department there. At first, they will grab a box and try to throw everything in... tell them you want to pack it yourself. They will give you bubble wrap and tape. It only cost us about $2.00 more doing it ourselves and everything arrived safe.