PDA

View Full Version : Caroleh's "I refuse to grow old" magical journey

Caroleh
11-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Cast:
DH: Gilles (53)
Myself: turning 50 during the trip

This trip was planned because I was turning 50 on Dec. 4th and I refuse to grow old. So why not go to the place that there are no adults, just big kids? We really don't have any plans set in stone, but these are just a few ideas. We want to play it mostly by ear this trip.

Dec. 1- we should be heading to Pearson International Airport around 7 am. Luckily, it's a 10 minute drive from our house!! Our flight takes off at around 10 am and we should be hitting MCO around 1pm. After checking in to Wilderness Lodge, we plan to check out the resort, then catch a ride to the monorail and check out the Christmas decorations at the Poly, GF and the Contempory. After checking out that we'll be heading to Epcot for dinner at the Marakesh. After dinner leasurely stroll through World Showcase, then catch Illuminations.

Dec. 2-Head to Epcot and enjoy Future World and get more of WS. We have ADR's at Flying Fish for dinner, which will be my birthday dinner, so we'll probably head back to WL for the afternoon to rest. After dinner, I want to check out DTD.

Dec. 3-This day is slated to be for AK. Dinner is at Boma at 5pm, so after dinner head to MK for EMH.

Dec. 4-(My birthday) The only thing we have planned for this day is MVMCP. We have reservations for LTT, but are thinking about cancelling them. We're not sure if we really want to go there. At 8pm we're meeting Aprilisis, so if anyone wants to meet up with us, we'll be in front of the Christmas store. I'll be wearing my tshirt that says "Today is my birthday and I refuse to grow old!!"

Dec. 5-Only plans for today is dinner at Kona Cafe.

Dec. 6-This is our Disney Studio day. We have dinner reservations at the Brown Derby.

Dec. 7-Our trip ends today with breakfast at WCC, then we're off to MCO and home.:(

SBETigg
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Woo-hoo! Sounds like a great plan! Especially Flying Fish for the big day. Happy birthday in advance!

WonderlandsMostWanted
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey, we'll be at MGM on the 6th as well! Have a happy birthday!

ElenitaB
11-20-2007, 12:28 AM
I'll be wearing my tshirt that says "Today is my birthday and I refuse to grow old!!"
"Petra Pan," have a magical time on your trip! :pixie:

Tink&Goofy
11-20-2007, 01:30 AM
I can't wait to hear what you think of Flying Fish. After Jym's high ratings, I am considering this for a dinner for two during our next trip!

Have a wonderful time --- and Happy Birthday!

Dsnygirl
11-20-2007, 03:16 AM
Carol, it all sounds wonderful!! I hope you have a wonderful, magical trip!! How many days left??? :mjump::stitch::goofy::dumbo::tigger:

faline
11-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Have a fabulous birthday celetration! :party:

mcb0420
11-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Have a Great Trip and Birthday! We too plan to be at the Studios on Dec. 6th.

RedheadWriter
11-20-2007, 06:22 AM
:mickey: Lucky! Getting to spend your special day at the happiest place on Earth! I haven't done that in 3 years! Hope you have a wonderful time. Your plan sounds great.
:pixie: Happy Birthday!!!!!:pixie:
Rachel

mickey&missy
11-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Carol, have a magical birthday!! Sounds like a great trip!!!

pogo
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
:hi: Buddy...... your plans sound very relaxing. May I suggest you get to the Kona Cafe a little early and stop by the Tambu Lounge for a Lapu lapu.:papple: You and Gilles might want to split one.

Enjoy ! :D

Caroleh
11-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Thank you!!! I really just want to relax and have lots of fun!!!

DisneyorBust
11-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Hope you have a fantastic birthday!:party:

disneydrmr
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
I hope you have a magical and safe trip Carol! Hmmmm..... for some reason I'm seeing you returning to find your house shaped like Captain Hook's ship....complete with an alligator lurking in the water hole....

Mickey'sGirl
11-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Wow! You sure have some terrific things planned! You are hitting all of my favourite restaurants -- Marrakesh, Kona, The Brown Derby! I hope you and Gilles have a fabulous holiday and that you really enjoy your special birthday! :party:

offwego
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Lots of good plans for sure.

I hope you enjoy your b-day in WDW. It's a great place to have them. (are you going to have pics too?)

Thanks for sharing with us and looking forward to hearing about flying fish!

BriarRose0708
11-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Hope you have the most magical birthday trip ever!

Caroleh
11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow! You sure have some terrific things planned! You are hitting all of my favourite restaurants -- Marrakesh, Kona, The Brown Derby! I hope you and Gilles have a fabulous holiday and that you really enjoy your special birthday! :party:

I'm going on Jym's advice on those three!!!

I hope you enjoy your b-day in WDW. It's a great place to have them. (are you going to have pics too?)

With my new 4gb memory card, I should have LOTS of pictures!!!!

merlinmagic4
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Have a wonderful trip and :birthday: What a great way to spend a very special birthday!!!

AbeeNormal
11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Happy Happy :birthday: Carol :cake:

What a great way to celebrate your 50th:mickey:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip, have a super, magical, fantastical, time :mickey3::minnie:

dolphinmickey9170
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Please enjoy your birthday in the happiest place on earth!! Stay safe and have a great time. Happy Early Birthday!!

RedSoxFan
11-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Sounds like a great trip. Have a wonderful time and a wonderful birthday.:mickey::party:

ChipnDaleGal
11-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Such a perfect time to head down to see all the beautiful holiday decorations without the crazy crowds later in the month. I hope you have a wonderful birthday trip. :mickey:

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
thanks for the trip report!! "gotta love:mickey:"