PDA

View Full Version : Cabin's compared to terry trailers

trackbarroness
11-19-2007, 08:41 PM
cabin's compared to terry trailers that fort wilderness use to have. how do they compare?
Are the cabin's roomier then the terry trailers?
And yes PirateGal and I are staying in the cabins in Fort Wilderness and we're wondering how they compare to the terry trailers that they use to have there. I also remember way back in the day when there use to be a steam train there. :blush:

medic9016
11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I found pictures of both. I don't think there is any comparsion. The Terry Trailer looks like a small travel trailer. The cabins are much larger than a travel trailer.

ibrowse17
11-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Agreed. While I have not stayed in either, I can remember seeing the old trailors. They were not much bigger than the pop up my parents had. I would think the cabins to be a tremendous upgrade.:thumbsup:

Auntie
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
We stayed in trailers back in the early 90's. and they were pretty big. About 38 to 40 ft. Pretty much the same size as the cabins appear to me. I know they were made by Fleetwood, which makes Terry..but not sure if we were in Terry's or another Fleetwood model. The cabins are really prefabricated cabin type park model trailers .They are on wheels also...the decking covers that. They are actually set up much the same way the trailers were...or at least the ones we stayed in. They do give a much nicer appearance than the trailers did. I've seen these in other RV camping resorts that we've stayed in. In fact we are seasonal in an RV resort, and the resort offers something similiar to what appears in FW. The trailers we stayed in back in the 90's in FW had the full size bed with the bunks in the bedroom area, along with the pull down full size bed out of the wall in the living room..which the cabins still have. The kitchen area appears nicer to me, and they arrange the location differently. Also the cabins have that nice deck, that the trailers didn't have. As far as storage, it doesn't appear to me that they have much more storage than the trailers did for your clothing. For us we keep our things in the suit case so it wasn't a huge issue.

trackbarroness
11-21-2007, 12:19 PM
From what I've seen of them every time PirateGal and I have stopped in Fort Wilderness to browse the shops, they look like log cabins instead of little houses. We can't wait to stay because we're visiting with relatives. And yes I'll make certain to post a report of our stay afterwards. :D

yacht45
12-13-2007, 11:59 PM
On my first trip to wdw I had not planned to stay inside the world. My DW and two kids decided to go about three days before we left. Our friends who had lived in Fl, invited us to come with them and another Fam to wdw. We pulled into our motel on hiway 192 near the "gate", in Dec 79, my friend says "you would have more fun staying inside WDW." So I called Reservations for a trailer. We stayed in the 500 Loop, 503 Terry Trail. It was a Terry park model by Fleetwood, w/ sliding glass door, LR in front w/pullout bed. Another bedroom in rear, kit and bath in middle. It was a great 7 days, our first Disney vacation.

Marius Titulescu
09-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Personally I prefer a Summerwood cabins (https://www.summerwood.com/products/cabins) to most trailer. I guess I'm all about comfort.