PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate?

Lulie
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
We are going to WDW Feb. 2-9, 2008. Which moderate would you suggest? Is it going to be warm enough to swim?

Lisaj13
11-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I have a very soft spot in my heart for Port Orleans French Quarter. It's a nice cozy size, so no matter where your room is it's not a long walk to the food court (try beignets!), the pool (love the slide!), or the bus stop (you'll get a seat because it's before POR).

I loved all the greenery (and the squirrels) and I found it to be a lovely atmosphere.

DizneeFan13
11-19-2007, 05:20 PM
If swimming is going to be a consideration, then this may help.

The main pool at CBR is going to be closed the majority of '08 - :( - if I'm not mistaken.

Otherwise I would have to agree that POFQ is a great choice.:number1:

TKDONALD
11-19-2007, 05:37 PM
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY CBR OVER POFQ. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE FRENCH QUARTER. ITS A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL BUT IM FRON NEW ORLEANS. BUT CBR IS GREAT AND MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR AWAY FROM EVERYTHING.:mickey:

droopy d.
11-19-2007, 06:11 PM
We really enjoyed POR when we stayed there, but I really like CS.

DestinationWDW
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I am a BIG POR fan, but stayed once at CS in Feb and really liked it because it was not really warm enough to swim and therefore REALLY enjoyed the hot tub!!!! Please correct me if I am wrong Intercot friends, but I believe CS is the only mod that has a hot tub....... When we went in Feb had some cold days in 50s and on the day we left it was in the 70s...never can tell!

tiaramom
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Port Orleans Fq Has A Hot Tub.( Thats A Moderate.
I Would Choose Port Orleans Frq
Cruise Alone Is Worth It
Goes To Down Town Disney.
Beautiful Grounds As Is Coronado.
Food At Boatwrights Is Gross At Riverside. Just Ate There This Week.
Food Court Isnt So Hot.

Coronado Springs Is Romantic! ( Alot Of Conventions Though) And Very Large In Size. Coronado Has A Great Spanish Feel-
Doesnt Feel Like Disney Though. Food Court Is Real Nice.

Both Have Great Pools
And Buses Same To The Parks

I Like Both

DestinationWDW
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
thanks Tiaramom! I forgot about that boat ride to DTD too! Makes a very welcome change from always taking the bus. I guess it will just depend then on what kind of atmosphere you are looking for.....Have a great trip!:mickey:

BronxTigger
11-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I am a BIG POR fan, but stayed once at CS in Feb and really liked it because it was not really warm enough to swim and therefore REALLY enjoyed the hot tub!!!! Please correct me if I am wrong Intercot friends, but I believe CS is the only mod that has a hot tub....... When we went in Feb had some cold days in 50s and on the day we left it was in the 70s...never can tell!

All the moderates have a hot tub. It's the values that don't. However, the hot tub at CSR is the largest of the moderates. Additionally, the hot tub at CBR will be closed along with the pool for the majority of 2008.

My favorite is CBR; the quiet pools WILL be open in 2008. I love the theming and the hammocks and the spread-out, relaxed feeling of the place.

I also love POFQ. I have not actually spent the night there, but I love to hang out at the resort and just enjoy the place. POR also has a nice feel to it and the two PO resorts have pool-sharing privileges.

I have also stayed at CSR. Because I grew up in a desert-type area, the theming here is not as exciting to me, but it is beautiful nonetheless. It has the best pool complex of the moderates, with the longest slide and biggest main pool.

My personal opinion is that you can't go wrong with any of the moderates. Choose the theming you like best and pick that one. Other considerations may also be the transportation (ex boat at PO) or elevators (none at CBR).

Good luck deciding!

Bohms4
11-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I would say POFQ for all of the reasons stated above!
The other ones that I have stayed in are CBR and POR (never stayed in CSR).
POR comes in 2nd.
CBR didn't do too much for me....it just didn't leave that lasting impression on me.

mttafire
11-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Our fav. Mod is POFQ. It simply fits our taste the best.:thumbsup:

garymacd
11-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Another vote for POFQ! Love the size, love the theming, love the jazz music, love the dragon slide, love the beignets.

As for swimming in February: well, "warm enough" is such a relative thing. February is usually cool and rainy in Magicland, but it is going to be warmer than it is here! (It snowed here on Thursday) We have been in the pool in February at WDW. They are heated. Getting out is always a trick, but at least it is warmer there than here.

Here we go again...
11-23-2007, 12:28 PM
FYI...
CBR is one of the resort options for the United Dance Association. National competition is February 1-3.
Resort choices are All Star resorts for value and CBR for moderate.

The dancers will not be in the parks much, they will be busy with competition. However, the food court will be crazy busy in the morning and evening.

We will be ther at the same time. Staying at OKW.

KAT1811
11-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I vote for Coronado Springs. Just enough of everything. Love the pool and because of the conventions the busses are virtually empty and the pool is equally quiet!!!

Cupcake
12-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I have some questions. In order to get the current discount, I had to switch from POFQ to CS. I wanted to request a foldway bed and did but they said they couldn't guarantee it. Is there anything I can do to have better chances with it? My son has autism and this bed would make a huge difference in the vacation. I ended up saving about $300 so I don't mind moving - is CS a quiet resort and will we have trouble with busses?

Cupcake :mickey:

#1donaldfan
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
We've always stayed at POR AB....NONE OTHER in our eyes!!!!:thumbsup: It's the best mod we've seen and we have been to 'em all. It is very laid back, shaded, well designed....you have easy and quick access to the food and busses...plus you can take a boat to DtD to shop. The food court is awesome and Boatwrights has the best breakfast of any Disney eatery..IMHO....All CM's there have always treated us like kings and queens. I'm not sure how the weather will be, so I don't know if you'll be swimming, but if you do, you'll have many pools to choose from (5 quiet), plus one main pool with all the "extras"..eg, hot tub, bar.....etc....have fun choosing :mickey:

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
We went to Port Orleans Riverside in November last year. The pool was NOT heated, and the water was pretty chilly. However, the kids did not seem to care. They played on the fabulous waterslide all afternoon, while all the adults stayed dry!!

Not2Loud
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Another vote for POFQ here. The pool is great, and the cruise down to DTD is nice and the bus ride to the MK isn't bad at all.

Although in early Feb, it may be a bit cool to swim. We were there similar dates last year and there was no swimming!

grego77
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM
CSR definitely! My favorite resort period...and the pool is not comparable to any other resort IMHO. Good luck with your decision! :mickey:

mousketeers j and l
12-03-2007, 05:52 PM
We always used to recommend CBR as a favorite moderate but the last two people we recommended it to came back a tad disappointed. Both groups had similar complaints about the cleanliness and general state of repair of the rooms. We have not stayed there recently but I put that out there for what it may be worth... :confused:

We have stayed at CS a few times and can recommend that one without hesitation. Yes, it is a conference center but it is pretty spacious and we've never had any problems with conventioneers. :thumbsup:

Which ever you choose, here's hoping you have a wonderful trip!!! :mickey:

disneyworld55925592
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
we love POFQ its a bit smaller then the other options so its quieter, and you are always close to the pool and food court! overall its a very relaxing, convenient place :thumbsup:

hubbyofadisneyholic
12-03-2007, 08:43 PM
POR is our favorite moderate, with CSR a very close 2nd.:thumbsup:
We weren't real impressed with CBR; stayed their once and never went back. I know many others love it but for whatever reason it lacked the "feel" that we got at POR and CSR.

KAT1811
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I have some questions. In order to get the current discount, I had to switch from POFQ to CS. I wanted to request a foldway bed and did but they said they couldn't guarantee it. Is there anything I can do to have better chances with it? My son has autism and this bed would make a huge difference in the vacation. I ended up saving about $300 so I don't mind moving - is CS a quiet resort and will we have trouble with busses?

Cupcake :mickey:

If you stated you reasons for needing the fold away bed I would say that you have as good a chance as ever to get it. It is more a formality to let you know that they cannot guarantee it just in case they do run out but I would be very surprized to find out that you were unable to get one.

CS is a wonderful resort and we find that it goes in waves at time there can be a large convention and it can get a little congested at the food court but as far as the pools and busses it is the best by far. Many of the resorts guests are conventioneers and do not use the pool or transportation making it much better for those of us that are simply WDW vacationers. CS is a wonderful resort and I bet you won't regret your stay there.

gardenia
12-08-2007, 05:19 PM
If your heart is set on Feb 2-9, call CRO now. The online system shows almost NO availability except for Fort Wilderness and Saratoga Springs. February is peak season, and you have to either reserve early or pray for cancellations.

mrsgaribaldi
12-08-2007, 05:37 PM
If your heart is set on Feb 2-9, call CRO now. The online system shows almost NO availability except for Fort Wilderness and Saratoga Springs. February is peak season, and you have to either reserve early or pray for cancellations.

For 2007, peak season didn't start until 2/15. For 2008 it starts 2/14.