PDA

View Full Version : August or December 2008?

DisneyCrazed580
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
I need some opinions please. Which do you prefer:

August - lower crowd levels with much hotter temperatures or

December (week before Christmas) - high crowds with cooler temperatures

DestinationWDW
11-19-2007, 05:26 PM
We've recently done both...Dec. 06 (left to come home Christmas Eve) and Aug. 07 (Aug 05 thru 11th I believe). It really depends on what you enjoy most I guess.....I really did NOT enjoy or tolerate the heat :thedolls: and having/wanting to shower 3 times a day and bringing that amount of clothes to match - and we live in GA!!! lol - If you love the water, Water Parks and love to swim, can stay up late and enjoy parks at night (we have little ones) this may be the way to go for you! We also did not like Aug. because no "hard ticket" events to look forward to (MNSSHP, etc.) Although we lucked out and got a P&PP last day of our trip!!! Enjoyed December trip much better!!! Crowds better actually (but we went BEGINNING OF AUG) and loved the Christmas decorations, hard ticket events and COOLER WEATHER :cloud9:!!!! But you'll enjoy whatever you decide because it is Disney afterall!:mickey:

LCPZA
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
In AUgust it is HOT :thedolls:!!! Like they said 3 showers some days are not enough. I got sun poison and had on sun block.
Its great for the swimming thing. I did go once in AUgust the second and third week. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! IT was very crowded, long lines. WE waited 2 hours to ride some of the rides. YOu could not give me a trip during this time for free- I would rather give it away.
NOW for December I have been every week up to the 22nd and have never had a problem. I love DIsney in December. It is so beautiful and empty for the most part. It's not hot and you can still swim during the day for the most part. The downside is the parks close at 7 or 8 but with the extra hours it still works out. PLus in December you have Mickeys PArty at MK. December is worth it if you have never been.

merlinmagic4
11-19-2007, 08:17 PM
That's a tough call but I think I would go with August. We just got back from a trip and it was quite cool at night. I guess I really love the hot,steamy nights in Florida! It was way too cool for me to swim at night after the parks although my kids didn't miss a beat. I think our next trip will likely be in August and our tentative plan is to do water parks (TL, BB, and the new Sea World park Aquatica) and a few nights at the other parks. However, if you don't care about swimming then I would go with December :)

DDuck66
11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
I would go with December. I live locally and August is the worst month for any outdoor activities. The humidity is almost always 90 percent or higher and the temps are in the mid 90's. Besides there is nothing better that the holiday atmosphere at WDW.

goofysbabe
11-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I've done both - August was hotter than a firecracker :thedolls: and very crowded. December the weather was perfect - not to hot and not to cold. I did not go during the Christmas rush we went the first week of Dec. and had the park to ourselves! It's my favorite time to go. All the Christmas decorations are up and you have time to actually enjoy things. My vote: DECEMBER!

disneycouple2004
11-20-2007, 10:52 AM
DECEMBER ...if you can go the 2cd or 3rd week its not that crowded...and you get to see all the decorations..and enjoy all of the holiday cheer !!..:thumbsup:

nancyL
11-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I would just bag the decision and go both times. You only live once.
Grin.
Seriuosly, Ive been both times and it IS HOT in August- we went the last week into labor day and I sweated my entire summer tan off that week. But it wasnt THAT crowded, the parks were open late and we did get to swim every night. We def did more water park/air conditioning/heat relief related activities.
December is a different kind of vacation. More touring oriented and less swimming/hot weather oriented. But those holiday things- AHHHH. How can you possibly say no to that?
So.... my solution is to go both times. :)

merlinmagic4
11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I would just bag the decision and go both times. You only live once.
Grin.
Seriuosly, Ive been both times and it IS HOT in August- we went the last week into labor day and I sweated my entire summer tan off that week. But it wasnt THAT crowded, the parks were open late and we did get to swim every night. We def did more water park/air conditioning/heat relief related activities.
December is a different kind of vacation. More touring oriented and less swimming/hot weather oriented. But those holiday things- AHHHH. How can you possibly say no to that?
So.... my solution is to go both times. :)

Why didn't I think of that! :D:thumbsup: