PDA

View Full Version : Switching resorts and luggage?

adamsfam5
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
We are thinking of staying at an All Star resort the night we fly into Orlando, then switching to SSR for the rest of our trip. What is the easiest way to make this transition? Will the resort transport our luggage for us?

dizneeat
11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes, they will. Call Bell Services and they will pick up your luggage. They will transfer it to SSR for you. Once you are checked in, call Bell Services again and they will deliver your luggage to your room.
Never had a problem with it!

Maleficent's Dad
11-19-2007, 03:38 PM
The resort's bell services will take care of it.

HOWEVER, we've now had problems with luggage transfer twice. :shake:

Most recently, this past August, my family was going from OKW to VWL. The luggage was tagged at OKW for the transfer before 9 AM. We were off to the MK. We were told not to expect our luggage until after 4 PM. Okay, that's not a problem.

Well, when the clock read 8 PM, we still hadn't had our bags; after several complaints at the bell services counter (at the WL) we still had to wait...and wait... :blowup:

Finally, after 9 PM, we got our bags. Problem was that all of our bags weren't even delivered. UGH! :bang:

It wasn't until the next morning when we finally got our bags. And we're not talking about a huge load here - total of four bags.

To make matters worse, nobody apologized and everyone blamed someone else passing the responsibility (ie: It's OKW's fault, It's the luggage transfer fault, Are you sure you tagged the bags? etc...).

This is now the second problem we've had with luggage transfers. I guess my family just has bad luck with the process as no one else ever seems to have an issue. :unsure:

Maleficent's Dad
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
DW swears that from now on, we'll taxi on over to the new resort with our own bags in tow.

JPL
11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I know they will transfer but will they transfer you as well. Or do I have to take the bus to a park and then a bus to my next resort if I want to get the transfer done before heading out for the day.

faline
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
They'll trasnfer your luggage sometime during the day. If you want to get to the next resort, you'll likely need to use Disney transportation to do it.

On our last trip, we added 2 nights so spent our first two nights at Pop. We just got a taxi in the morning and brought all our luggage with us. We went right to Animal Kingdom Lodge, left our bags with bell services there and registered before heading to a park for the day. It was easy and, in my opinion, worth the cost of the cab.

Tinkerfreak
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
We just did this a couple of weeks ago and it went much better than I expected. When we were ready to leave AKL we called bell services and they came and picked up our bags. We then took a bus to MK and took the monorail to the Poly to check in and get our tickets. We knew not to expect our room or bags until at least 3:00 so we just made sure to have what we needed with us. We went into the MK until about 3:30 and when we returned to the Poly our room was ready and our bags were there as well. They loaded us and our bags into a golf cart and took us to our room. It was less of a hassle than I thought it would be but I missed really unpacking and settling in right away. I don't think we will do it again but that is just our preference.

Von-Drake
11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
We have only used the luggage transport system once, but I must admit it was completely flawless. We plan on using it again next April when we go. Hopefully it will be just as smooth.

adamsfam5
11-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for all the imput - really a lot of help.

New question (still related):
How much is a cab from, say, Pop Century to SSR? Sounds like it might be worth the ease of mind.

Maleficent's Dad
11-21-2007, 10:19 PM
We took cabs from OKW to DTD and to/from the BW. No cabs ever cost us more than $10 including tip.

They're not bad if you use them occasionally. It can run up if you use cabs often, however!

princessM0m
11-22-2007, 08:02 PM
For the price I would recommend taking the taxi and transferring your luggage yourself. We tried this once when going from Pop to SSR. We were told it would take a few hours but it took over 10. What we thought would be a convenience turned out to be total frustration.