PDA

View Full Version : Best Thanksgiving Dinner at WDW?

Mary Chase
11-19-2007, 12:02 PM
We are thinking we'll be at WDW on Thanksgiving day next year and were wondering if anyone had any favorite Thanksgiving Day dinners there (particularly at the resorts - I don't think we'll be in the parks that day). We're looking for traditional Thanksgiving food.

Thanks!

May524
11-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Well LTT is traditional Thanksgiving fare but it's in the MK. It's a great dinner though! :D

Rosanne
11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
If you don't mind spending a little money, I would definitely suggest the Yachtsman (at the Yacht Club, obviously).

I ate there Thanksgiving of '04, and they had a spectacular dinner. There was a special Thanksgiving menu. I even remember the pumpkin soup I had- fabulous.

Other than that, great turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc.

Have fun!

Stan
11-19-2007, 12:58 PM
You guys are making me hungry. Good thing it's only 3 days to our family Thanksgiving dinner. :grouphug: :eat: :hug: :blah: :turkey:

I hope all of you have a great holiday time. :)

goofiecrazy
11-19-2007, 02:00 PM
We had our thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickeys in 2004 and really had a good time.They had the regular buffet food plus some of the regular thanksgiving food as well.Its worth a try.

Jared
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
The only place I'd really recommend is Liberty Tree Tavern because it serves a traditional Thanksgiving dinner every night. No other restaurant offers the holiday fare you probably want. I'm not sure if other places have a separate Thanksgiving menu for families craving turkey and cranberry sauce.

KylesMom
11-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure if other places have a separate Thanksgiving menu for families craving turkey and cranberry sauce.

If you google the topic, you can find plenty of resorts that have specialty Thanksgiving dinners served. From California Grill to Boma, they "tweek" their menus to celebrate a traditional American Thanksgiving.

For those looking for Thanksgiving in the parks, I have read that Cinderella's Royal Table, Crystal Palace and Tony's in the Magic Kingdom have modified Thanksgiving Day menus (as well as regular menu items).

In Epcot, you can find modified menus at Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, LeCellier and Rose & Crown - Garden Grill traditionally serves turkey . . .

In MGM, modified menus at Brown Derby, 50's Primetime & Hollywood and Vine has a traditional Thanksgiving feast as well as regular buffet items . . .

And just think - you don't have to clean up the mess afterwards! :thumbsup:

KarenP
11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I believe some restaurants having traditional Thanksgiving dinners are Concourse Steakhouse, Boatwright's and Olivia's. Another good one is Thanksgiving at the Fort but it is more expensive since there is also entertainment included.

ElenitaB
11-22-2007, 10:56 AM
It's probably a little too late for the OP, but there's a special page on InfoCentral devoted to Thanksgiving dining (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/holidaydining.asp) at WDW!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

scvecc
11-25-2007, 10:33 AM
We were just at Disney for Thanksgiving and had trouble getting reservations for anything onsite unless it was after 9pm. That wasn't an option for us with 4 small kids in the party, so we blindly booked something offsite at the Celebration Hotel - Plantation Restaurant. This place was AWESOME!!! Its Thanksgiving buffet was very low key with top notch food, and it actually was nice to be away from the hustle of the parks. We lucked out!

mouseketeer mom
11-25-2007, 01:38 PM
We spent our Thanksgiving dinner at the Polynesian Luau last Thursday. They tweeked their usual menu and served Polynesian style turkey breast, coconut cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce with macadamia nuts and coconut, mashed potatoes, veggies and ribs. Their volcano dessert was pumpkin on Thanksgiving! We loved the twist on the traditional food.

buzznwoodysmom
11-25-2007, 04:37 PM
We were just in WDW for Thanksgiving, got home today :(. We had our Thanksgiving dinner at Cape May Cafe. We had a party of 14 and we all enjoyed our dinner. The buffet had both seafood and Thanksgiving items. The dessert buffet was awesome! There were mini peacan pies and mini pumpkin pies. Delish!!!! The punpkin soup was also really good. I would eat here for Thanksgiving again. We were able to look at the Christmas decorations at the Yatch and Beach Club before our dinner and stroll the boardwalk after dinner. We had a great night! I would highly recommend this to friends or family visiting during Thanksgiving who won't be in the parks for turkey day.