PDA

View Full Version : Characters in the rain?

Hayden's Dad
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
It looks like we could have some on and off showers next week during our trip and the 29th while we are at Epcot could have a decent amount of rain. So where do you look for the characters in the rain?
I imagine the characters at Toontown pretty much stay put and any that are under cover would stay there, but what about AK, Epcot, and DS where they are a little more exposed to the elements.

Thanks for the advice

Disneyatic
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Epcot has the Character Connection, right by The Electric Umbrella fast food place. It is a nice air conditioned space and the backgrouds for the character areas are very cute! It is Mickey and the Gang in there. There is also the Figment room by the Imagination pavilion. I am not sure around WS though? We did see a spot in Morocco at the back of the shop there that has a room for the Aladdin characters, but that day there were out in front of the pavilion. Maybe they go in there if it rains?
I know that AK has the covered area over towards Dino-Land where you can see Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and sometimes Piglet.

That's all I can think of, I am sure there will be other people who know much more than I do!

joanna71985
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
It looks like we could have some on and off showers next week during our trip and the 29th while we are at Epcot could have a decent amount of rain. So where do you look for the characters in the rain?
I imagine the characters at Toontown pretty much stay put and any that are under cover would stay there, but what about AK, Epcot, and DS where they are a little more exposed to the elements.

Thanks for the advice

They either move inside or don't come out at all. At Epcot in the WS they all move to buildings in the respective countries. For example, Donald in Mexico moves inside the building with the ride/resturant. Alice and Mary move inside the shop with the Pooh crew at UK. And so on. AK and MGM are a little bit trickier. I know at MGM when it rains the Power Rangers and Cars do not come out at all (I have seen it first-hand). I believe the characters at the Hat can move to the building with the busts nearby, or they don't come out. AK is also kinda tricky. Camp is fine (the kiosks are all covered). Same goes for the Character landing with Pooh. I believe Flik and Lilo/Stitch can move to the Pizzafari resturant, or they don't come out at all. It all depends.

Stormer
11-20-2007, 08:01 PM
The characters by PlayHouse Disney still come out if it isn't raining too hard. When we were there in Aug. a CM walked them with an umbrella to their location in front of the PlayHouse Disney buiding where there was a small covered area for them. You can find Little Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath here. Ratatoiulle and the Incredibles are inside in the same area - the Animation building.