PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wildreness Campfire

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Has anybody done the Fort Wilderness Campfire Movie thing? Please tell me about it!

wdw_bound
11-18-2007, 05:25 PM
We had a great time last year! We just missed Chip & Dale, but that was ok, we still enjoyed the sing-along and the original Herbie the Love Bug. The kids made S'mores (kit was $3, I think), and generally had a great time. We were staying at WL, so when DS2 got tired, he and I hopped on a bus - and the super-nice busdriver offered to take us all the way back instead of having us change busses (he radioed in about having a snoozing mouseketeer on board). DD8 and DH stayed until the end of the movie and had a blast.

It is very old-timey, low-key and relaxing :mickey:

Buttercup
11-18-2007, 06:25 PM
It starts around dusk (depending on what time of year it is). They have a little area set up with benches and bleachers, and firepots so you can roast marshmallows, etc. You can bring your own marshmallows or buy a smores-kit. Then a cast member comes out and plays some great songs on guitar and gets the crowd to sing along, all while Chip & Dale circulate through the crowd to meet and greet kids. After the sing-song is over, they have a huge outdoor movie screen that they play a different Disney movie on each night.
WDWDriver is kind enough to post what the movie schedule is here on Intercot after the first of every month! Just check the Disney Camping forum and you'll see it there.

princessM0m
11-18-2007, 07:30 PM
My DD8 and I went just about 2 weeks ago. They start the fires about 30 min prior to the sing-a-long and you buy the s'mores kits at the little stand behind the bleachers. The kit sold to us was $7 and it made A LOT--definitely enough for a family. There is plenty of seating. A cast member leads the singing and during that Chip and Dale make the rounds. It was really crowded when we went (even the castmembers were remarking how many of us there were) so Chip and Dale did one side each. They did a good job of trying to see everyone and pose for photos. It seemed difficulte for them to do autographs, tho. We did not stay for the movie because we were staying at another resort and we'd been "park-ing" all day and were getting up early the next day. It was a great time tho, especially for free! I would definitely do it again, but I might take my own s'mores stuff so that I don't have to buy such a huge amount for just 2 of us.

apequet
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Is the movie scheduale out for Dec yet?

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the great info...we are going in February....When do Chip and Dale arrive in relation to the start time of the event? I think that my kids will love the campfire and chip and dale!

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 08:34 PM
I have a few more questions...

When does the campfire start in relation to the electric water pageant? Is it possible to do the electric water pageant and the campfire in the same night? Also...where would be the place to look for the February schedule, and when would that be out? Would the schedule be for the time to arrive, or the time for the movie? Thanks for the great tips!

princessM0m
11-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Chip and Dale come out just a few minutes after the singing begins. During the winter months I think the singing starts at 7:00, so there should be enough time to go see the Electric Water Pageant, but check the times to be sure. You would need to leave after the singing and skip the movie. The movie titles are released close to the beginning of the month--they are usually posted here on Intercot under the Camping discussion board. The movie schedule is the start time of the movie after the campfire. If the singing starts at 7:00 the movie is usually at 7:40.

Figaro
11-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh gosh!! Where to start!! I work at Ft. Wilderness in Recreation and I work the campfire oftenly. I LOVE it. It is soooo much fun. We'll light the fires this time of year about 6:40, and the show starts at 7 (that's of course if Chip can get Dale to stop fooling around and making Donald mad and focus on the show... Chip is good at that tho...) and the movie starts around 7:40. It's a great show... never the same thing... Chip, Dale, and the performer just go up there and do whatever comes to em. Nothing is rehearsed. Yes, I know what your thinking.. with Dale, that's dangerous....haha.. afterwards, the two go on out and greet people in the audience. Be aware!! Chip n Dale LOVEEEEE Chocolate Chip Cookies! Dale might steal a hat or two.. just tonight, he stole my sunglasses off my hat, and then stole my hat! :D If you have any more ques, let me know :) I'd be more than happy to help.

mousaholic
11-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks everybody! We are pretty excited to do this on our February trip! We are going to set aside 2 nights for this, one early in the week and if the weather is bad we will have a backup date!

bfbulldog
11-26-2007, 10:49 AM
It's a great time, we saw the Incredibles and then went back and saw Lilo and Stitch, the kids loved the sing alongs and Chip and Dale, plus the smores package if you need one is more than enough for a family of four.

It's really a fun time and is definitely the most fun you can have for little money at Disney in my opinion

mouselover93
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
i went back in august of 03 and it was excellent they have a pretty good sized fire on 1 side and then a bleacher type area with a movie theater sized screen and sometimes characters come over

Iluvpooh
11-27-2007, 12:01 AM
We just went in October and saw "Monster's Inc." We left about half way through the movie and got lucky and the water pagent was just starting. We sat in the boat and watched and then the boat took us over to MK and we were able to watch it again as it circled around while we were on the boat across. It was really nice-I do not think you can stay for the whole movie and catch the pagent. Sorry.

mousaholic
11-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks...I didn't think we would really try to catch the movie. If we can do the campfire and see Chip and Dale and then head to the water pageant, I will be a very happy person!