PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Brown NEW Disney Specials

ImagiAsh
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey all you Samantha Brown fans... I just got news that Sam is in Disney as we speak taping a new holiday special to replace the old one the Travel Channel has been re-running. It is set to air on December 11th, so check your local listings as the date approaches! In addition to this, she will be taping a "my favorite things to do..." Disney special in January, set to air in April.

RedheadWriter
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
How awesome!:thumbsup: I will have to watch! Any word on when in January? I will be going the third week and I woudl love to catch a glimpse of her.
Rachel

mickey&missy
11-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I believe it will air on the travel channel @ 8pm on dec 11th. I can't wait!!

Melanie
11-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Yay for new Disney specials, whoever may be hosting! :thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
How awesome! Its definitely time for some new Disney specials - and she is my fave travel host!

NotaGeek
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
YEAH! Although I can barely stand Samantha Brown, I am all for some new specials. It's embarrassing that most of the shows on Travel Channel are SO out of date!

TheDuckRocks
11-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I love Samantha Brown, she cracks me up. We're going to be there in Jan., it would be fun to see her at work. Signing off now to go over to my calendar to mark down Dec. 11.:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
This is totally good news. I am so excited about the upcoming specials! It will be good to have a new Disney Holiday special on TTC. :mickey:

ibrowse17
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
She so rocks!! It will show one week before we leave for out next trip, so we can not wait:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
:thumbsup:

Melanie
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
The holiday special is called Disney Holiday Magic with Samantha Brown.

Official Travel Channel description:

Samantha Brown travels to Walt Disney World and discovers an amazing new menu of holiday festivities.

Airdates (Times are eastern):

Dec. 11 - 8pm
Dec. 12 - 12am
Dec. 14 - 8pm
Dec. 15 - 12am
Dec. 16 - 12pm
Dec. 18 - 11pm
Dec. 23 - 11am
Dec. 24 - 8pm and 11pm
Dec. 25 - 12am

I'll include these in the weekly listing as well. :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Yippee. I love her, she's just so cute! This will be great to watch on the 11th, since I'll be heading to WDW on the 15th. What a great way to get even more "hyped" up!:D

mttafire
11-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the info!!:thumbsup:

Jenemmy
11-19-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to watching. I'm tellin' ya....that woman has the GREATEST job in the WORLD!!!! Please, send me to the most wonderful hotels in the world, let me take in the sights around it and poke around in grand suites and have a few gourmet meals...how do ya get a gig like that????

Melanie
11-19-2007, 07:48 AM
how do ya get a gig like that????

My husband always says he just wants to be her cameraman. ;)

lightyearfan
11-19-2007, 09:03 AM
wow thats great me and dw will watch and get even more excited for our upcoming long weekend trip to WDW for the 1st time during the holidays

Victor

murphy1
11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I love her!! I feel like she's someone who can show you everything from upper crust to slinging back a beer. I have always loved her Disney shows, she was so funny going into the Walt Disney Suite at GF and running around in it. I heard she was getting married soon, too. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to watch.

Sneaky Stitch
11-19-2007, 05:45 PM
:mickey::blush:AWESOME!!!! She is SOOOOO cool!!:cool:

DisneyorBust
11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
We enjoy the Samantha Brown travel shows....especially when she is visiting one of the Disney resorts!:mickey:
We will be tuning in!

alpro2
11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

JPL
11-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Glad to see a new Special this year :thumbsup: The last one was getting old and boring. Let's hope the Food Network follows suit. I would also like to see one done about Disneyland :thumbsup:

goofysbabe
11-20-2007, 09:37 AM
This is awesome :thumbsup: Samantha Brown is one of my favorites on the Travel channel. I had thought about emailing sometime ago and asking for new Disney shows - they must have read my mind! Can't wait to see her back at WDW!

Shugoondola
11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Gotta love Samantha Brown!! :heart:

:mickey:

Jasper
11-21-2007, 11:08 AM
I heard she was getting married soon.

NOOOOOO!! Say it isn't so!! She can't be getting married before she has a chance to meet me and turn down my proposal. Oh, wait, I guess there is that little matter of my current wife. And oh yeah, how can I forget the restraining order that the Travel Channel has out on me?

Just kidding about that last part but if Samantha is getting married do you think she might adopt me?

Oh well, I guess I will just have to settle for watching her on the tube like everyone else in the country!!

iDisney
11-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I just love her! :heart: She can't be getting married... she hasn't met me yet! If she married me, she wouldn't even have to change her last name!

Tinkerfreak
11-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I can't wait. We love all of her shows but really love the ones about Disney. The are getting pretty outdated though (doesn't stop us from watching them over and over again though). I would love it if she did some new Great Hotels episodes maybe about the Poly and even some moderate resorts.

ImagiAsh
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Sorry to burst bubbles, but Samantha got married last year. ;) She just celebrated her one year anniversary a few weeks ago. :secret:

scottgr
11-24-2007, 09:38 PM

iDisney
11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry to burst bubbles, but Samantha got married last year. ;) She just celebrated her one year anniversary a few weeks ago. :secret:

All of that will change once we meet...;)

Harriet
11-26-2007, 04:41 AM
This is great but we need a new Host. Can't stand Sam. I'll bet you she does not stay at a moderate or value resort either always has to be the best for her. Bring on Rachel Ray as a host bet she do a great Job and a lot of fun.

NotaGeek
11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
This is great but we need a new Host. Can't stand Sam. I'll bet you she does not stay at a moderate or value resort either always has to be the best for her. Bring on Rachel Ray as a host bet she do a great Job and a lot of fun.

I doubt she has a choice where she stays ... she is just a host. She shows up and talks, and since she is such a "celebrity" for Disney, she is probably lucky enough to stay in the Deluxe resorts. It doesn't really make good television if Disney doesn't really show those resorts that make everyone want to save for years to stay in a suite at the Grand Floridian at the Holidays.

I am not a fan of Samantha Brown, but Rachel Ray, if she's not cooking, bugs me SOOOOO much.

PrincessCandaceMarie
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Cool! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
11-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Awesome! A NEW Disney special, PLUS Samantha Brown! Can't Wait!

baby minnie's mommy
11-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Love watching Samantha Brown! That'll be wonderful if the holiday episode airs the 11th - we leave for Disney later that week! :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it also be neat if someone (perhaps from Food Network) did a special on the Disney restaurants? :eat:

:sleigh:

GrumpyFan
11-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't it also be neat if someone (perhaps from Food Network) did a special on the Disney restaurants? :eat:

Great idea! I wish somebody would do it!

Jasper
11-29-2007, 12:54 PM

You know, I realize a lot of people love Rachel Ray but there is just something about her that bugs me when I watch her. It just seems that her "enthusiasm" is not real. It seems as though she has heard so much press about her enthusiasm and perkiness that she now "plays" herself rather than is real, if that makes any sense. I also have the same problem with Paula Dean. She seems to have become even more "southern" and less real the longer she is on.

I suppose that is why there are so many different hosts out there so we can all find one we like!

McGoofy
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I love Samantha Brown--especially when she is at my favorite place!!:mickey:

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
11-29-2007, 02:14 PM
This is great news! We will be leaving on December 12th, so this will be a great start to our trip :mickey::tree:

minnie1956
11-30-2007, 10:30 PM
after watching the last one for a couple years, we went their last Christmas to celebrate my "significant" milestone birthday. I was a little let down with the actual displays. the only one that "lived up" to the hype was the display at the Contemporary. They really do "glam up" the place for the specials. Which is fine, it's great eye candy. I guess the moral of the story is enjoy the specials, they are sometimes better than the real thing!

caryrae
12-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Just set it up to record on my DVR can't wait.:santa3:
Looks like there's a couple old Disney shows on before the new one.

baby minnie's mommy
12-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Just set it up to record on my DVR can't wait.:santa3:

Ok now, we have a DVR with Comcast. I know how to set to record, but Dec. 11 is too far in the future for our tv guide. It only shows what's playing a week ahead. How do I set to record for the 11? :confused:

caryrae
12-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Ok now, we have a DVR with Comcast. I know how to set to record, but Dec. 11 is too far in the future for our tv guide. It only shows what's playing a week ahead. How do I set to record for the 11? :confused:

I use a DVR with Comcast and it showed the show on my guide, my guide goes up the Dec 15th. Surprised your doesn't unless the cable box was reset recently. Otherwise you can just do a manual record where you pick the day, times, and channel you want recorded.

First you push the My DVR button, then click set a recording, then create a manual recording, then pick a start and stop recording time and the day you want to record, then on mine I click confrim then you pick the channel you want to record. I would think yours should be the same.

baby minnie's mommy
12-04-2007, 01:26 PM
I use a DVR with Comcast and it showed the show on my guide, my guide goes up the Dec 15th. Surprised your doesn't unless the cable box was reset recently. Otherwise you can just do a manual record where you pick the day, times, and channel you want recorded.

First you push the My DVR button, then click set a recording, then create a manual recording, then pick a start and stop recording time and the day you want to record, then on mine I click confrim then you pick the channel you want to record. I would think yours should be the same.

:thanks:

The manual recording is set now! :thumbsup: I had to go to "preferences" in "My DVR" to set it. Didn't know I could do that!

Maybe different areas get different guide services. Ours gives info for the current day, plus 6 more days.

goofy for pluto
12-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Looking forward to the new special.
:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
12-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm so excted, I love Sam!! She Rocks!! This is perfect timing as we will be leaving on the 13th to head for the world!!

baby minnie's mommy
12-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Our guide lists it as playing again on Fri. Dec. 14 @ 8pm, in case anyone misses it on Tues.! (Or wants to watch again!) :santa:

caryrae
12-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Our guide lists it as playing again on Fri. Dec. 14 @ 8pm, in case anyone misses it on Tues.! (Or wants to watch again!) :santa:

My guide shows these times.

Times Are all Centarl Time Zone

Tues Dec 11th 7-8pm
Tues Dec 11th 11-12pm
Fri Dec 14th 7-8pm
Fri Dec 14th 11-12pm
Sun Dec 16th 11-12noon
Tues Dec 18th 10-11pm
Sun Dec 23rd 10-11am

So everyone should be able see it at some point.

caryrae
12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Tonight's the first showing.:joy::woohoo::clappy:

chrisb26
12-11-2007, 09:15 PM
:santa3: The show was awesome! They did a great job with it this year! :santa:

Although it did make me sad I couldn't make it for Christmas this year :(

:tree:

Beast_fanatic
12-11-2007, 09:35 PM
:santa3: The show was awesome! They did a great job with it this year! :santa:

Although it did make me sad I couldn't make it for Christmas this year :(

:tree:

I agree! It was great! I'm hopeful of making an early December trip next year! :santa:

Shugoondola
12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
:tree: Great Show!! :deer::santa:

:grinch:

TiggeRia
12-11-2007, 10:24 PM
I thought that they did a wonderful job!!! Learned some new things and the castle looks absolutely gorgeous! Seeing all the different sights kept giving me goosebumps...too bad I can't see it all in person this year--but there is always next year! :santa::snowman::santa3:

EllieMae
12-11-2007, 11:21 PM
I loved the show!! Makes me want to go back so bad, too bad it's not this year at Christmas (totally OK since we just went in June :mickey:) Yay that our family is going next year at Christmas again!! It really has become my favorite time of year to go to WDW. :santa3: After watching the show I really want to watch the parade at the Animal Kingdom (which I have not watched before) and I would love to see the candlelight processional again, I loved it last time and it would be wonderful to see it again. The show really put me into the holiday spirit.

Nascfan
12-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Fun show! :thumbsup:

The castle is absolutely beautiful. The special made us know we've got to get back there during the holiday time again. I wish they'd come out with some new park shows too.

RedheadWriter
12-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Great show :thumbsup:and I will definitely watch it again when it repeats!

Diznee4Me
12-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Great show. I loved it when Sam rode E:E with Joe Rhode. Awesome!:thumbsup:

McGoofy
12-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Good show!:thumbsup:

I thought it was cute when Samantha was in AK, and she justifed EE as being Christmas related because the Yeti is a snowman and snowmen are a part of Christmas!:D:snowman: I also thought it was very cool that she was able to ride with Joe Rohde on his ride!

When the Samantha Brown show was over, I changed to the Food Network Channel. There was a Disney special on there as well. They went through all the deluxe resorts and showed the gingerbread houses and other food decorations. They went into the parks and showed the holiday treats!

I am so glad that I was able to watch the 2 shows last night. They got me really excited about my upcoming trip next week.

murphy1
12-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Great show. I loved it when Sam rode E:E with Joe Rhode. Awesome!:thumbsup:

How awesome was that!!! I loved the program, I liked how they put DL in there, too. I have so many great memories growing up in Florida and being around there at Christmastime, so this was pretty cool to watch. We went this year at Halloween instead of Christmas and I highly suggest going some time in your life during each of these holidays, they really do it up! In October they had most of the Osbourne lights up.We have gone three times this year (two short trips in there) and I am enjoying a Disney break, but hearing about y'alls trips right now, I need some rest, LOL! We might go back at Christmas next year.

My three yo dd is so cute, everytime they show the castle, she says "my shream (dream)" and says she wants to live there "fuheva".

c&d
12-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I loved the new show. I just love her as a host.

My only problem with it was that it seemed to jump around too much. I know there is a lot to show but it went from WDW to DL and then back.

IloveDisney71
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I loved the show and it just gave me that much more to look forward to when we arrive at WDW in 3 days!

I agree with the previous poster about the jumping back and forth between WDW & DL. My husband was not paying close attention and kept getting cofused about which park had which holiday attractions.
I'm sure they did it to build interest in both parks though.

GrumpyFan
12-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I agree with the previous poster about the jumping back and forth between WDW & DL. My husband was not paying close attention and kept getting cofused about which park had which holiday attractions.
I'm sure they did it to build interest in both parks though.

I haven't seen it yet, but it makes me wonder why they didn't expand it to 2 hours and give 30 minutes to each park, adding resorts in between. Seems to me there would be more than enough content to do a 2 hour show.

Oh well, looking forward to seeing it, regardless.

TheDuckRocks
12-12-2007, 04:54 PM
:sleigh: I'm so glad my DH :snowman: and I are going back :deer: next Christmas to WDW!!! :santa:

snowflakegirl
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Made me want to go during the holidays! It was fun to watch, but I wish it had been longer and added in a bit more of the resorts, too.

Even though it won't be during the holidays, it definitely made me even more excited for my August trip. :mickey:

BronxTigger
12-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm watching this right now for the first time! I want to go at Christmas time so bad! I'm going to have to make this work at some point in the next few years.

I agree with the other posters about the flow being choppy between DLR and WDW.

I think I missed something: did she say some people LIVE at Ft. Wilderness for the winter? She was talking with a family that decorates their trailer their every year and people even ask them to do it again the next year. What was that about?

McGoofy
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I think I missed something: did she say some people LIVE at Ft. Wilderness for the winter? She was talking with a family that decorates their trailer their every year and people even ask them to do it again the next year. What was that about?

Yes, I thought I heard that too, and I too wasn't sure that I heard correctly! They were the ones that had the Christmas decorations and then took Sam around on the golf cart to visit another family that are regulars there. If they live there for the winter, I'm guessing that they must be "snowbirds" that go back north when the weather gets warm. WOW! Who would have thought...living at Disney when you retire!:mickey:

Harriet
12-16-2007, 06:03 PM
You all heard corretly. There are campers who make it a point to book a camping spot during the winter months. I was able to see some of the decorations last year when I went. I took the bus all around hoping off and on so I could stroll around and see some of the decorations. I was so impressed with what some campers where able to do. I usally make an ADR for Trails End and then I took tour. Since I stay at Wilderness Lodge it so easy for me. This was the first time I took the time to relax and view the decorations and take in the camp ground movie/roasting of marshmallows. It was such an enjoyable evening for me. You must take the time to view the hotels also at this time of the year. I have such wonderful memories. Maybe some day I'll get to go back. Magic does happen sometimes we only have to believe.
:tree::snowman:

bleukarma
12-21-2007, 01:04 PM
I watched it the other night with my aunt. It made us want to pull out the credit card and head over!!! But, we're trying to be practical and resist doing that, as much as we want to. :mickey: But, we will probably work on a Christmas trip for next year. :thumbsup:

I too was confused about the people that live at the campgrounds. But I loved Samantha's dress she was wearing that night!I want to find one like it! :blush: And my aunt was confused about the WDW/DL jumping around. They went from DL to MGM and she thought that there was an MGM in California. Whoops!

pink
12-21-2007, 06:09 PM
FYI- It is reairing tonight at 7 pm. (East coast time)

:mickey:

MauiMouse
12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
I just read elsewhere that the lady in the segment at Fort Wilderness Campground passed away from breast cancer on Dec 25th. Very sad. Donna "Donna Disney" Howard (http://www.legacy.com/telegram/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=100228132)

ImagiAsh
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I just read elsewhere that the lady in the segment at Fort Wilderness Campground passed away from breast cancer on Dec 25th. Very sad. Donna "Donna Disney" Howard (http://www.legacy.com/telegram/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=100228132)

Wow, this is so sad. My prayers go out to the family. :(

TikiGoddess
12-29-2007, 08:48 PM
All I can say is:

I want to be Samantha Brown.

She gets to ride Everest with Joe Rohde!!! Imagine how amazing that must have been!

TikiG