PDA

View Full Version : Riverside or French Quarter?

LudwigVonDrake
11-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Should I book Riverside or French Quarter for next July? Opinions are welcome :smickey:

Strmchsr
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Both are great. FQ is a little smaller. It tends to be better for couple trips and a more romantic feel. POR is a fun, Old South kind of feel that, in general, appeals more to families. You can't go wrong with either and you can use the pools in both, regardless of which you stay at.

mttafire
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
We like POFQ the best. Its our fav. Moderate resort. It has a nice food court,pool and is close to DTD. There is just something about it.:thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
POFQ is smaller. No long walks to the food court, pool, gift shop, bus stop, etc. The pool and serpent slide are fun -- my kids enjoyed it. The resorts shared buses when we were there -- don't know if they still do. However, POFQ gets picked up first and dropped off first.

tiaramom
11-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Port Orleans French-
More Romantic.

lovetheprincesses
11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
We prefer FQ.

#1disneyfan
11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
We have stayed at both and equally liked both resorts. We had great rooms at both too. We were really close to the dining hall at POR and also the main area at POFQ. I think I may have preferred POR a little more because of the atmosphere, but really you can't go wrong with either resort. Have a great time!

Tinkerbellaella
11-18-2007, 08:01 PM
POFQ is my pick. Smaller resort is a plus. What we really liked is being the frist on the bus route for pick up and drop off. Some mornings the bus was almost full before we stopped at POR and they had to wait for the next bus. It was also nice to be dropped off first after a long day.

tinksmom02
11-18-2007, 08:07 PM
We love both, but prefer FQ. As others have said, it's much smaller, so easier to navigate, and even the furthest buildings are within easy walking distance of the pool, food court, gift shop, etc. DD5 loved the pool, as well.

You really can't go wrong with either resort!

sainter
11-18-2007, 08:53 PM
I am sure you would love either resort. Less walking at FQ if that is important to you. There are no quiet pools at FQ and that is really why we have always ended up at POR -- we just like to be at our "own" smaller pool for an afternoon or 2, or while doing a load of laundry (the laundry facilities are right next to the queist pools). Rarely have there been many other people at them.
Also POR has Boatwrights which we love for breakfast at least once or twice.
Both resorts are so beautiful.

c&d
11-19-2007, 09:42 AM
We prefer POR. We just liked the theming better and the sit down restaurant.

I think you'll enjoy either one, we just found we weren't really New Orleans/Mardi Gras people when it comes to theming.

garymacd
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
According to my signature, we love FQ. It is quiet, small, has a killer dragon slide at the pool and beignets! Walking around the resort is easy since it is so small.

Actually both resorts have beignets.

Crystal Palace
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
We just stayed at Riverside and fell in love with it. We stayed in Alligator Bayou, Building 26. It was beautiful and peaceful. Nothing was too far of a walk. The food court was great, as was Boatwrights. I really don't have any complaints about it. :ccat:

Goofy Pluto
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I have not stayed at FQ, but have stayed at Riverside and LOVED IT! Would highly recommend it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-19-2007, 12:14 PM
We've stayed at both, and loved both, but have decided that FQ is our new Disney home.

The theming in both is beautiful, but I really prefer the small, compact design of FQ. DD loves the pool, and we don't find it as busy as the main one at Riverside.

Either way, you can't go wrong...

austalysgram
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Just spent a week at POFQ, we loved the resort, so close to all things as others have mentioned. But a beautiful 5 minute walk and you are at Riverside. We walked over for breakfast as Boatwrights and we walked over to rent the boats. I have some health issues and still the walk was very easy. When the parks are busy there are separate busses, but otherwise FQ is first pick up and drop off. This was my first time not at a deluxe and we loved it. Our room over looked the river and was beautiful in the morning. Whichever you choose, it is great.

Cookie123
11-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Although both places are beautiful, what tips the scales for me is the sit down restaurant at Riverside. It's easier for me to have a full breakfast, then quickly run back to my room to brush my teeth, and pick up anything that I forgot to bring for my park day. I've stayed at POR about 5 different times, but only visited FQ.

PiratesCove
11-20-2007, 10:32 AM
FRENCH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: Ask for building 4, it's right next to the bus stop, food court and front desk!

TinkerbellFan16
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
both are very nice. but i usually stay at riverside because they have the free trundles and all the people in my party like there own beds. but i like both.

#1donaldfan
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
POR AB ..... just love that place.....:thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks everyone!!! :tink: I think I'm going to go with the French Quarter :mickey:

garymacd
11-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Good choice. You will love it. The best thing about staying at FQ is you can walk over to POR anytime you want. It only takes about 5 or 10 minutes to do the round trip. That makes Boatwrights a great place to have a nice sit down meal.