PDA

View Full Version : Help with ADRs... where to go?

BiloxiMom
11-18-2007, 10:26 AM
We're heading to the World on 1/27--2/2. Hope that's a noncrowded time.... :confused:
We're on the dining plan, 4 adults, 3 kids.
Here's what I have so far:

Sunday: Downtown Disney, Rainforest Cafe (a must do for the kids.)
Monday: Coral Reef, dinner
Tuesday: Crystal Palace before Pirate party
Wednesday: -----?
Thursday: Sci Fi, dinner although there is no Fantasmic. :(
Friday: Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner (not sure about this one.)
Saturday: Stitch Breakfast at hotel (Poly) before checkout. :thumbsup:
So, what can I add on for Wednesday? I've tried Le Cellier, they're full and the new Italian place isn't yet on the dining plan. My kids aren't very adventurous, neither am I, and we thought about eating at the Poly, but we'd like to stay "out." Any advice? How is the Liberty Tree Tavern? DH wasn't too impressed with that ressie. Thanks!!!

Thumper03
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
If you happen to be at EPCOT that day, you can walk to the Boardwalk Resort area and there's lots of choices there.
We would also recommend Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club...also within walking distance of Epcot. Cape May is a huge buffet, with seafood (think clam bake) as well as everything else you could think of. I believe they had ribs and chicken as well. It's a great, fun atmosphere. We will be going again.:thumbsup:

tiaramom
11-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern Is A Great Choice.
Think .. Thanksgiving Diner. ( No Cranberries Boo Hoo)
Character Dining For Dinner Is Great.
The Food Is Pretty Good. I Have Eaten Here Many Times. Only Once Was It Bad.
All Other Times Very Nice. My Daughter Loves It- And We Love The All You Can Eat- Table Service- Not Buffet. Go!!!!
Also We Like Garden Grill At Epcot, Has Chip And Dale Characters. The Food Is
Served Family Style Same As Liberty Tree- And Not A Cheesy Buffet- Nice - Real Nice.
The Restaurant Rotates- And Its Fun!!!!
Just A Thought- Also We Really Like
Princess Norway Akerusa ( A Buffet And Sit Down Service- Plated.) So Nice.
Some Of My Thoughts...

LibertyTreeGal
11-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Me? I'd try Yak & Yeti (if it's on the DP)

Liberty Tree is wonderful.... for lunch. I don't know about dinner.

mickey&missy
11-18-2007, 12:24 PM
We had dinner at LTT before MNSSHP last year. I was ok, definitely not the best meal in the world, but ok.

If your unsure of it waht about Chef Mickey's? We LOVE Chef Mickey's. The Characters are great! Chip picked on DH and FIL for their bellies and BIL for his bald head, it was hilarious!!! THe buffet is big and the dessert making buffet is a lot of fun. Its only a short monorail ride from MK to the Contemporary and it's also within walking distance.

Good luck, I hope everything works out!

SBETigg
11-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Spoodles at the Boardwalk, Chefs de France, and Rose & Crown are good Epcot area choices for the non-adventurous.

We've never tried LTT because it is sponsored by Stouffers and I'm not a huge fan of their frozen foods. From my understanding, it's pretty basic Thanksgiving dinner style fare. If that's something you enjoy, you might like it. If not, consider Grand Floridian Cafe, 1900 Park Fare, or 'Ohana for that night.

Bethis26fan
11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I vote for 50's prime at MGM we loved and are going back again this trip. Good home style food and a fun place to eat.

kakn7294
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
We think Liberty Tree Tavern is good - we've been twice. The only thing really "Stouffers" about it is the mac & cheese and it's not bad. Sounds like you will be at Epcot on Wednesday - we like the Biergarten, Rose & Crown, Restaurant Akershus, San Angel Inn, and the Garden Grill. Outside of Epcot, we like 50's Prime Time, Chef Mickey's, Tony's, and 1900 Park Fare. We've found that buffets are good with our picky eater because there's usually something for everyone. Obviously, we've also done a lot of character meals.

LoriMistress
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
I would suggest calling 407-WDW-DINE NOW if you plan to make ANY ADRs. If you're planning to go to WDW in January and February the majority of the restaurant are most likely booked up right now. I would get ADRs for the following restaurants (if you're able to):

Le Cellier
50's PTC
Sci Fi Dine Inn
Rose and Crown Pub
Crystal Palace
Yak and Yeti Restaurant (you can make ADRS for this restaurant on December 3rd)
TTS
Artist Point

Buttercup
11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
You have a lot of dinner reservations -- why not switch it up and do a breakfast or a lunch some day, and then have a smaller counter-service dinner instead? I second the Chef Mickey's idea! The breakfast buffet is fabulous and if you go mid-morning, you probably won't be hungry for lunch until later in the day.
:thumbsup:

mikelynn91
11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
We enjoy Liberty Tree. It's a family favorite and the characters move through at a more relaxed pace than some of the other character dines. Great comfort food!:thumbsup:

If you go to MGM - we like 50's Prime Time:blush:
If you're in MK - Tony's is always a winner.;)
If you're at Epcot - we like the food court in The Land (I know it's not a table service though). Bummer you couldn't get into LeCellier. It's the top of the top! :party:
If you're at AK - leave and find something delicious!! Maybe Yak & Yeti will open or the revamped Tusker.

We had yucky food at Rainforest in Downtown Disney and mediocre service. I hope you have better luck!!:ack:

Have a super week - the dates look AWESOME for lighter crowds and warm FL weather!!:wishes:

tinksmom02
11-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Here's another vote for Chef Mickeys, but what about Ohanas??? The food is really good and the entertainment is fun. I know you said you'd like to stay "out" of the Poly, but if none of the other suggestions jump out at you, consider it!

We went that time this year, and the crowds were non-existent, but the weather was freaky...pack for all seasons!

I didn't have any problems making ADR's (I called in mid-Dec for our trip), and we even got in to the Castle for breakfast! I wouldn't recommend that, though...call soon!

Enjoy!

McGoofy
11-19-2007, 08:58 AM
About a year ago, I had the pot roast at Liberty Treen Tavern for a lunch and loved it. Another time we went a few years and were there during a character dinner. We had the all you can eat Thanksgiving meal. I enjoyed that too.

As for Epcot, I really enjoy and recommend the Garden Grill in The Land. It is a character meal and would require 2 TS, so you may be trying to avoid that. Perhaps you could call back about LeCellier. This past Friday we were calling about the dates for 1/31-2/4. She didn't have any times available at Le Cellier for dinner, but she did have a day for lunch. Lunch at LeCellier is just as good as dinner. We just decided to base our parks around what day we could get what reservations.

KAT1811
11-19-2007, 10:28 AM
We're heading to the World on 1/27--2/2. Hope that's a noncrowded time.... :confused:
We're on the dining plan, 4 adults, 3 kids.
Here's what I have so far:

Sunday: Downtown Disney, Rainforest Cafe (a must do for the kids.)
I didn't think that RFC was on the dining plan. We think it's really cute even if it isn't. The kids have a lot to look at and it has a pretty extensive menu.

Monday: Coral Reef, dinner
We're from NE so seafood in WDW isn't really for us but I hear the aquarium view is wonderful.

Tuesday: Crystal Palace before Pirate party
We always do the CP breakfast and love it. We've never done the dinner but have heard great things.

Wednesday: -----?
Why not try another Epcot eatery? You've already said that you're not too adenturous so what about China? If not try looking at some of the other WS restaurants or Whispering Canyon at the WL was a lot of fun for us. There is 1900 Park Fare in the GF, one of our favorites, California Grill for something very nice (uses 2 TS credits), Kona Cafe?

Thursday: Sci Fi, dinner although there is no Fantasmic. :(
Ate there once, couldn't see my food and half of our party sat behind us in one of those "cars" making it really hard to talk while we ate. I felt like they weren't even with us.

Friday: Liberty Tree Tavern, dinner (not sure about this one.)
Starting to feel like a downer here but we didn't care for the food at LLT at all. One of the worst meals we've ever had in WDW.

Saturday: Stitch Breakfast at hotel (Poly) before checkout. :thumbsup: Love O'Hana ate there in Sept and loved it we'll certainly go bak on every trip!

So, what can I add on for Wednesday? I've tried Le Cellier, they're full and the new Italian place isn't yet on the dining plan. My kids aren't very adventurous, neither am I, and we thought about eating at the Poly, but we'd like to stay "out." Any advice? How is the Liberty Tree Tavern? DH wasn't too impressed with that ressie. Thanks!!!

:mickey: