PDA

View Full Version : What's to do at the Boardwalk Area

mousaholic
11-17-2007, 11:10 PM
We are looking for some things to do down by the Boardwalk Area. On the last trip we did Fantasia Gardens and the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream. We had a great time...is there anything else that are must do's in the area? We will be there in February (with an 8 and 11 year old). Any tips or ideas would be wonderful!

Mickey 101
11-18-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't know about must dos, but we really enjoy just walking around and soaking in the atmosphere. We've done the bicycle rentals to do the loop around the lake and also the walking path to MGM. We really like the Boardwalk Bakery (for breakfast, lunch or a snack) and have gotten food at Spoodles take-out window to enjoy along the water many times. The live entertainment is really fun, too. That seems to be later in the evening as Epcot is closing. Have a great trip!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Beaches and Cream is actually at the Beach Club Resort, not the Boardwalk - but they are connected so I can see the confusion.

As for the Baordwalk itself, there are some small entertainers out at night, but not much for a family trip other than the shops, the arcade, the ice cream parlor/candy shop (Seashore Sweets).

For adults, there is Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls (the latter is a definate must-see if you don't have kids). There are also the restaurants and the ESPN bar.

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the clarification...I was thinking of the whole area! Thanks for the tips...Maybe we will rent bikes next time around and stay for the entertainment.

wedway76
11-18-2007, 04:09 PM
The three of us once rented one of those 4 person pedal cars. It was a lot of fun. DW and DS kept trying to see how far we could go before I realized that I was the only one pedaling. Some of those little inclines by the bridges are a little hard to get up, especially when you are pedaling alone!

Meghan
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Theres a delicious Gelato place inside the Beach Club. It has a much wider assortment of flavors than the little cart in Epcot.

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Hmm...what is the name of the gelato place? We are on a restricted diet (gluten) and gelato might be a great thing for the kids to try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Meghan
11-18-2007, 08:46 PM
The place (which also has soups, salads, sandwiches, etc) is called Beach Club Marketplace. It's tucked into the back of Beach Clubs merchandise store. Theres 6 flavors at a time, which can vary depending on the season. Theres 3 fruit flavors that are the sorbet style gelato (like strawberry or rasberry), and 3 creamy flavors (like chocolate).

mousaholic
11-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks. I will give them a call and see if they have gluten free flavors!

poeticeclipse
11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
My husband and I had some time to kill before an ADR so we walked around at the Boardwalk which we had never done before. We were so surprised to find so many things going on. A sword balancing guy, a magician, and a few great gift shops. We ended up being late for our ADR because of all the fun... oops!:secret: