PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi or H&V dinner?

mudpuppysmom
11-17-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm faced with another decision.......since DH said he wanted to "try new things" on our trip in January (what a time to try new things with us expecting!!!)

I originally booked an ADR for Sci Fi for "dinner" at 4:30 then later changed my mind and figured if I was going to spend $50 why not try Hollywood & Vine?

Am I making a mistake, or should we even try to do a TS at MGM???? The food at MGM has just never really done much for me, so we usually just grab something at Backlot Express and call it a day.

Help us decide please!!

RedheadWriter
11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Sci Fi has a fun atmosphere with the cheesy "b" horror films playing. The food is good. My mother loved the salmon when we went and I had the best Reuben sandwich ever when i was there.
H and V, ahh, not too impressed.
My vote is for Sci Fi!
Rachel

thejens
11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
I really like the food at Hollywood and Vine. It is not outstanding, but there are a lot of choices and our entire family really enjoyed it. Especially for the price. The Sci Fi is entirely different. I think the food is mediocre (stick to burger or sandwich or just milkshake) but the environment is fun. My children LOVE Sci Fi and must go every time. For me, once would be enough. If I were choosing only for myself I would choose Brown Derby or HV, but if you have never been to Sci Fi, it is worth it for the fun.

GrmGrninGost
11-18-2007, 09:32 AM
IMHO Sci-Fi has the worst food in WDW. I've had very few bad meals at WDW, but I wouldn't go back to Sci-Fi if they gave their food away.

tennantsrwe
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I have to agree with ya Grim. We tried SciFi b/c it sounded like a neat place to eat in 2005...it was by far the worst food we'd had at WDW. I've heard people say the burgers/sand. and shakes are good....I don't know though. Any place that can mess up a salad kinda makes me wonder. If we weren't on the DDP when we went I would have been livid...the bill for 2 adults and a child was over $50! (Which I know is typical for WDW but the quality of the food was HORRIBLE!) I'd say to try some place else, or heed the advice of those who like SciFi and stick to the burgers. Hope this helps!

Hull-onian
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
On our last trip, we ate at H & V and did not care for it. Food was just okay. I do not know about Sci Fi, but I will find out on this trip as I have an ADR for it. Prime Time 50's cafe was the best so far.

Meghan
11-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Neither restaurant is horrible in my opinion, but they wouldn't be my first picks at the Studios. I much prefer 50's Prime Time, Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose in that order. Have you tried any of those?

Given the 2 choices though..... I'd probably pick Hollywood and Vine.

mikelynn91
11-18-2007, 07:47 PM
We ate "lupper" at 3:30 p.m. and were very much less than impressed with the food quality. :ack:Our server was very nice and attentive but the food itself was no better than a Golden Corral back home. Atleast the SciFi is novel.

We LOVE 50's Primetime. Great comfort food and crazy servers. I'd head next door for some fried chicken or pot roast!! But keep your elbows off the table for goodness sake! :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
11-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Netither - I've eaten at both of these restaurants once and won't be doing so again. We were NOT impressed with any of the food at either place. Even the desserts at H&V were bad, at least the SciFi had good sundaes.

MickeyMousse
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
We just got back from WDW and we decided to have lunch at Sci Fi. It was great! The atmosphere, as always, was fun for people of all ages. My boys really got a kick out of the cheesy B movie clips, cartoons, INTERMISSION, etc.....the food was good too. My reuben was piled high with meat and cheese......DH and both DS had the burgers and onion rings. The milk shakes were super thick and creamy-yum!