PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards at Disney Store

Jenemmy
11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Can a Disney Store gift card be used in the parks at WDW?

goin2disney
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I would get Disney Dollars instead. My kids love them! You can purchase them at the Disney store :)

faline
11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
There are gift cards that can be used at Disney World and they might even be sold in the Disney Stores. The Disney Stores, however, are no longer owned by Disney and gift cards to these stores would not be compatible with Disney World.

11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
We purchased Disney gift cards at the Disney Store in May of this year and used them at WDW. We used them to buy souveniers and also at the restaurants. We have used Disney dollars in the past but thought the Disney gift card was much more convenient. The receipt will tell you how much is left on the card.

packofjedis
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
We just purchased gift cards from the Disney Store in September for our trip in October. We had no problems at all with them.

They suggested hanging onto your receipt that shows it's been activated and the card # in case you lose it. It was nice to be able to put all my kids $$ on it down to the penny.

The gift cards were good every where we tried to use them including the Lego Store. There my son had to sign a receipt since they have to file it through Disney to get their money back.

We did Disney Dollars last year and it was too complicated keeping 2 kids money and change straight. Much easier to have 2 gift cards in my wallet. I just marked the back of each one with their initials to keep them straight.

Each time you use it, your balance will print out on your receipt.

Dawnzy
11-18-2007, 06:12 PM
In the past I used Disney Dollars, but our past trip in October we used the Disney gift cards purchased at our local Disney Store. So much easier and quicker than cash. I was even able to refill my card at one of the gift shops.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-19-2007, 01:58 AM
I think the OP was referring to gift cards TO the Disney Store (to be used at those stores), not bought FROM the Disney Store. They wouldn't feature Mickey on them, just the outline and it says the Disney Store on it.

And if that was what she referring to, then no, those cannot be used at WDW parks or resorts because they aren't owned by Disney.

Jenemmy
11-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys! I should have been more clear....I was looking for a gift card that I could buy at my local Disney Store that would be good to use on Disney property. We are surprising the kids Christmas morning with a January trip to Disney and I thought my DS11 would prefer a gift card to Disney Dollars in his stocking.

Also, my birthday is in December and I would looooove to receive a gift card for my trip as well :party:

Goofy Dad 13
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Yes, you can buy a gift card at the Disney Store that can be used at the parks.

We did it this year and it works out great. Easy to carry, no change to worry about, and the kids loved them.