PDA

View Full Version : Birthday & Anniversary Buttons

PeterPansMagic
11-17-2007, 02:10 AM
I have a question about the Anniversary & Birthday buttons. We are going to Disney from Dec 7-19th so I can see the Christmas spirit & for my husbands 60th birthday. When he gets a birthday button, what kinds of things will happen?

Then we are going again April 14-May 5th with April 16th is our 7th Wedding Anniversary. What happens there when you get an Anniversary button? My birthday is May 18th. Will the same surprises happen to me as it does my husband after I get the button?

I would love to see some stories about this.

Beast_fanatic
11-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Anyone wearing the celebration buttons will likely get a lot of congratulations from cast members and other guests. They may get special treatment such as a free dessert or something along those lines, but there is no guarantee that anything magical will happen.

faline
11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Rhonda's absolutely right. We were there a few years ago on my husband's birthday and got a button for him to wear. He had lots of well wishes from cast members and guests alike!

poohbearlover15
01-13-2008, 07:51 PM
i wore a birthday button and soo many people wished me a happy birthday! Some people let me cut in line and when we went out to dinner they came and sang to me and brought me a mickey mouse cupcake!

dolphinmickey9170
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
We were a group of 10 with one wearing his birthday button (Willful) and we were ushered to the FP line at AK for the safari. They didn't make us wait on our return time.

My daughter received cupcakes and well wishes from CM and other guests and a few cards.

On our anniversary, we received lots of well wishes, dessert treats and cards.

teambricker04
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
My Dad wore his button this last time and every where we went we heard a "Happy Birthday Bob!" I don't think he got any special treatment, but he sure was excited to have people wish him a happy birthday! AND this was a guy who didn't want to wear it :)

adoptionislove
01-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Where do you get the buttons?:confused:

azdisneymom
01-14-2008, 12:12 AM
I just returned from celebrating my 50th at WDW. We stayed at AKL and was given a birthday button from Guest Services at the front desk. You can get buttons from your resort or any park Guest Service CM.

Absolutely nothing special happened but I did get quite a few "happy birthdays" from guests as well as CMs. The well wishers made my day.

Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Have fun on your trip.

DisneyDog
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
We will be there on our anniverary (hopefully!). I didn't realize they had anniverary buttons. I did get a birthday button once.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-15-2008, 10:52 AM
they have just married buttons as well...

Altair
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Where do you get the buttons?:confused:

Guest Relations at each park.:mickey:

Briansmom
01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Just a question about how these buttons work....we are going from 5/10 through 5/17. My daughter big 21st birthday is April 28th and is part of the reason we are going. Will it be a problem getting a birthday button for her while we are there?

Beast_fanatic
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Just a question about how these buttons work....we are going from 5/10 through 5/17. My daughter big 21st birthday is April 28th and is part of the reason we are going. Will it be a problem getting a birthday button for her while we are there?

Nope, it won't be a problem at all. They don't ask you for proof that the day you get the button is your actual birthday.

JMTStone
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
DD turned 6 while we were at WDW and she got a birthday button AND a special sash at the BBB (dressed as Cinderella). She got LOTS of birthday wishes from CMs and guests alike. She was on cloud nine!!! One CM at the AK picked up a phone while in line at the safari and had Goofy sing her happy birthday.

You can order a cake if you make ADRs for your celebration dinner. I really liked it.

It was a perfect day. Wake up, get a makeover including costume at BBB. Wear a "Birthday Princess" sash. Lunch at Cinderella's castle. Cinderella making a big deal of how pretty she is. Cake we were able to take back to the room and put in the fridge. Then late afternoon at AK where she was the prettiest animal there. Then in the evening, during MVMCP parade, Prince Phillip and Santa told her happy birthday. When we checked in, we told the CM and she asked what her favorite character was. On her birthday, she got an autographed photo birthday card from Jasmine. How magical is that?

Don't know how I'll ever top that in our next trip. The 15 year old DD was so jealous that she never got to do that stuff when she was little. I told her she can still go to the BBB if she wants.....

Donald's Girl
01-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Make sure you mention the special occasions when you make any of your ADRs for that day. When we were there for my husband's birthday, our tables were decorated with streamers and glitter, they sang Happy Birthday and brought cake with candle (without me even ordering.)
We were there for my birthday this year and at Donald's Breakfastasaurus I got a card signed by Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto & Minnie, an extra AKL birthday pin, a Cruise Line pen from our server and everyone sang happy birthday to me.
Went back to our room at Contemporary to rest in the afternoon and found a bunch of Disney balloons with a card and photo signed from Belle and the Beast.
Then, dinner at Narcoosee's was the best! Got a personalized menu to keep and a fabulous dessert with a sugar based Princess scene on it wrapped around the plate.
Nowhere better to celebrate! Have a wonderful time and just make sure everyone you talk to prior to going down knows the special dates!

PeterPansMagic
02-07-2008, 02:39 AM
How long have these buttons been around? I ask because when we went on our honeymoon in 2001 we didnt get a Just Married button or a 1st Time button.

dumbo_buddy
02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
HOLY SCHMOLY

DH and I just returned from an anniversary trip. We both wore the buttons and i'm telling you, we got the royal treatment!

1)we got a "special upgrade" to Soarin'. the CM took us around the back, announced our names as the passengers of the day or something like that, we got THE best seat and then we got a cute little certificate
2) at the american adventure, we got a special phone call from mickey and minnie sending us well wishes, then we got to sit up from to listen to the voices of liberty as they dedicated a song to us, THEN one of the CMs brought us into the restaurant next door shouting HEAR YE HEAR YE and made everyone clap for us and gave us each apple cobblers
3)at Flying Fish we got a champagne toast AND a free dessert
4) at the LAND a CM gave each of us a HUGE cookie for free!

it was crazy! and SOOO many CMs wished us happy anniversary. i actualy felt a little weird taking all that free stuff! it was so sweet and we couldn't stop thanking people. :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
How long have these buttons been around? I ask because when we went on our honeymoon in 2001 we didnt get a Just Married button or a 1st Time button.

The birthday buttons have been around for several years. I've only been aware of the other buttons for a year or two now.

PirateLover
02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
The CMs are definitely conditioned to say Happy Birthday. Back in May it was my graduation trip. Our waitress at Chef Mickey's gave me a birthday button but crossed out Happy Birthday to make it Happy Graduation and also wrote "BA" on it for Bachelor of Arts. She encouraged me to wear it but I was getting so many "Happy Birthday"s that it made me feel awkward. :blush:
Now, we actually went back in December when I celebrated my 22nd Birthday (And got engaged!)
I proudly wore a birthday button that day. I also received a crown. I got tons of Happy Birthdays and also two free margaritas in Mexico!:thumbsup:

joanna71985
02-08-2008, 06:59 AM
Oh man! My last birthday was the best. I wore the birthday pin (man I miss the individual park ones:() and I got picked to be a cactus in Woody's Cowboy Camp, got picked to dance in Hoedown, got to sit on the Liberty Square bridge for the 3:00 parade, and (my favorite) got picked as a volunteer for Indiana Jones!

MissT
02-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Last April we celebrated our 20th anniversary at Disney. We wore our buttons and received many well wishes & congrats from CM's and other guests. When enjoyed dinner at California Grill & had a window seat in their wine room with a surprise free dessert of chocolate cake wishing us Happy Anniversary & a CM asked if he could take our picture and presented it to us in a card at the end of dinner. It made the whole day/evening that much more special. :mickey: The next day, I had my pin still pinned to my backpack & Crystal Palace had arranged heart shaped confetti (mickey confetti of course) on our table. I just love Disney!!!:blush:

PeterPansMagic
02-09-2008, 02:27 AM
Thats sounds exciting!!! We are going in April/May. We are going for our 7th Wedding Anniversary which is April 16th. We will have an anniversary button. May 18th is my 32nd birthday so I will also be getting a birthday button.