PDA

View Full Version : Which character breakfast is better???

stitch34
11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Which character breakfast is your favorite 1900 or Crystal Palace? Trying to decide which we should try on our upcoming trip....thanks for any info:mickey:

decowoman
11-15-2007, 05:47 PM
We love the breakfast food at Crystal Palace. If you have a preference of characters, that could be the tie breaker.
CP has Pooh Characters and 1900 Park Fare has Prince Charming, Mary Poppins etc.

Disneyatic
11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
We did Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare (it was at GF Cafe when we went b/c of renovation) on this past trip and 1900 Park Fare was our favorite. Both buffets have Pooh and Friends, but 1900 has Mary, Alice and Mad Hatter (or at least that is how it was when we went, I am not sure if being in GF Cafe at the time made a difference)
Alice and The Mad Hatter were very fun and interactive with everyone.
Crystal Palace was very busy and our food was cold by the time we got back to our table and we ended up missing Eeyore and after waiting forever to see him we were finally taken over to the other side of the restaurant by a handler and got to get our pics.

We would do either of them again, but plan our attack at Crystal Palace better.
1900 Park Fare would be our 1st choice though.

poeticeclipse
11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I agree with Disneyatic! 1900 over Crystal Palace anyday! I've done Crystal twice and 1900 twice as well. At Crystal, it was loud and we didn't get to see all of the characters AND the food just wasn't that great. At 1900, we had a great variety of characters and got to see all of them.... the food is awesome and the wait isn't as crazy.

tinksmom02
11-15-2007, 08:48 PM
We absolutely enjoyed both buffets, but the crowds were much more tolerable at 1900 (course, we were also there in January as opposed to CP in Sept, that may have had something to do with it!). At 1900 we were seated immediately; we waited 15-20 minutes at CP.

The food was very yummy at both places, though! Strawberry soup at 1900...breakfast lasagna at CP...

I think it all depends on which characters you would enjoy more!

DDuck66
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
We have always done 1900 Park Fair because we liked the characters so much...but this May we are doing CP because of the mainly good reviews and because we want to walk into the MK before it is open for some pics of the "empty" park.

BeccaO
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
We have done both, however when we visit in Jan. and go to 1900 for breakfast, the restaurant is not even half full with people. We have been there in the past when there may have been 10 other families there. The character interaction is great and the food is awesome!!! There used to be a guy that made omelets there that wasn't really the friendliest CM, but we always made light of it amongst ourselves and called him the omelet nazi!!! If you have ever seen the soup nazi episode of Seinfeld then you will appreciate that name!!! This however did not keep us from going there, we love it!!!! I don't know if that guy still makes omelets there or not? He was there the last time we went. I love the fact that when we went, Mary Poppins greeted people in the lobby of the restaurant and the pics we got of our daughter and her sitting on the benches and talking. It's just a really nice place to visit!!! The CP definately has it's pluses too!!!:thumbsup:

JPL
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
I have been to both and the food was about the same quality and selection. They both have their pros and cons. CP does have one big advantage that 1900 doesn't if you book an early ADR you get into the park early and you can get some great pictures on an empty Main Street.

BelleandtheBeast
11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Crystal

Which character dining is the one with alice in wonderland?

BeccaO
11-16-2007, 06:36 PM
1900 Park Fare has Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Pooh and I can't remember if there are any others or not?

Deesdisney
11-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Even though I have never had breakfast at those places (we are late risers) If they have the strawberry soup at 1900 you have to try it. It was out of this world. I had it before I ate and after also.

LoriMistress
11-16-2007, 07:22 PM
We've done CP twice, and both experiences were really good. We'll be doing CP twice, and we'll be doing CRT once in 21 more days.