PDA

View Full Version : Why are they NOT married?

magicofdisney
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm just wondering why Mickey and Minnie have never married. Is he thinking about it? Is she waiting for a better suitor? It just seems kind of odd (to me) that this has never taken place. I mean come on...they're perfect for each other! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
11-15-2007, 01:25 PM
:blush: Perhaps they have been together so long because they are not married? Come to think of it...are any of the happy Disney couples married?

Cookie123
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I think they have the perfect set up.
They are romantically involved, and live right next to each other. She has her stuff, and he has his stuff.
It is just perfect !

Gator
11-15-2007, 01:47 PM
At least they're not shacked up together :blush:

Seasonscraps
11-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I think they have the perfect set up.
They are romantically involved, and live right next to each other. She has her stuff, and he has his stuff.
It is just perfect !

That sounds ideal to me!! :D

Scar
11-15-2007, 02:25 PM
For the same reason someone like Derek Jeter isn't married. Haven't you ever seen all the women who stand in line just to meet him and be next to him?

Besides, Hollywood marriages never last.

:mjump:

Bethis26fan
11-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I think she:minnie2: has a secret relationship w/ goofy. Has anyone ever noticed they are pretty chummy & she has an awful lot of goofy:goofy2: stuff in her house.

lol j/k please don't shoot me or ban me from intercot. lol:blush:

mrp4352
11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry, I don't remember where, but I think I remember reading that they are married in real life, but in the cartoons, they're cast as sweethearts.

(Kind of along the lines of the Pluto's a dog and Goofy's a dog who plays the part of a man in cartoons)

Fallendroplet
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I've always wondered why they weren't married too...what about the wedding pavilion? They show up dressed for a wedding... :groom::bride: But whoever said Hollywood couples don't last...yeah, you're right...that could be the reason...people would be devastated if Micky and Minnie were no longer together...

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
They're both rather wealthy...maybe they couldn't decide on the pre-nup arrangement.

Von-Drake
11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Great Story about this. About 5 years ago when my wife and my parents went, we dined one evening at Chef Mickey's. It was for lunch ans surprisingly not crowded at all. When Minnie came around, my wife asked her why they were not married. Of course she did not talk, but she pointed to finger where a ring would be so we mentioned it mu just be a "common law" thing. She shook her head and motioned for something to write on and wrote "so half the kingdom should be mine". It was so funny, there were no children around at our table so I imagine she was just having fun with us. We still joke about it, every time we go to DisneyWorld.

CosmicRay
11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont know if this is true but, my DH usually does his research. But he said he read that the voice of Mickey and the voice of Minnie are actually in real life married to each other.

CosmicRay
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah here it is I dont know if I can say where I found it, but it's a trivia tidbit but it says...
He met wife Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse, at a session of voices for 'Totally Minnie'.

Children: Daughter Erin, sons Peter, Josh and Chris.

LibertyTreeGal
11-15-2007, 03:54 PM
:blush: Perhaps they have been together so long because they are not married? Come to think of it...are any of the happy Disney couples married?

Cinderella and Prince Charming look pretty happy to me.... ;)

But personally, I don't want to think of them being married because then they would be... ick.... you know....

AND THAT'S JUST WRONG!

Polynesian Dweller
11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry, I don't remember where, but I think I remember reading that they are married in real life, but in the cartoons, they're cast as sweethearts.

Yep, in a 1933 interview Walt indicated that the studio decided that they were married but for on screen purposes she is his leading lady.

SBETigg
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Cinderella and Prince Charming look pretty happy to me.... ;)

But personally, I don't want to think of them being married because then they would be... ick.... you know....

AND THAT'S JUST WRONG!

I agree. There's an innocence and charm to Minnie and Mickey stuck in perpetual courtship that gets lost if you think of them being a married couple.

MCFantasia
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I was riding the TTA the other day: just as I sat down and the doors were closing I looked off to my right... hanging on the railing was a sign showing Mickey and Minnie in a car with a "Just Married" sign on the back, with tin cans in tow. It struck me as odd because A) I didn't know they were married and B) what an odd place for a random sign to be hanging.

Marilyn Michetti
11-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Are you saying that Mickey and Minnie are living in SIN?:blush:

They must be in favor of marriage - they're on top of half the wedding cakes since the 70"s.:mickey:

wedway76
11-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I heard that their relationship has been strictly a professional one in recent years. I don’t think they’ve actually dated in a long time. I don’t know if it is true but I heard from a not so reliable source that Minnie has been seen out with a former Backstreet Boy.

Stan
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, in the Orlando Sentinel last year, when Pixar & Disney got together, they posted this (http://www.flmemories.com/TIAB/060127_01.JPG)...

I wonder how that worked out. :rotfl:

PirateLover
11-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Are you saying that Mickey and Minnie are living in SIN?:blush:

YES THEY ARE! Have you ever seen Twas the Night Before Christmas at MVMCP? They are in bed together! ;)
I have evidence!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/sweetanger/100_1812.jpg

TheRustyScupper
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
1) Actually, the explanation is quite simple.
2) Mickey is the "head cheese".
3) Minnie just hasn't figured how to finally trap him.
4) One might say, she hasn't found the weigh.

LibertyTreeGal
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
1) Actually, the explanation is quite simple.
2) Mickey is the "head cheese".
3) Minnie just hasn't figured how to finally trap him.
4) One might say, she hasn't found the weigh.

Wouldn't that be the "whey?" :D

Always Goofy
11-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I remember having a bus driver asking this question, and he explained the answer that Mickey and Minnie were married once in Mickey's dream. (I have no idea what cartoon this was from) But when he woke up, the marriage never happend. Anybody ever here this one???:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
11-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Here is the DEFINITIVE answer from Walt Disney:

Walt Disney said in a 1933 interview, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie. A lot of people have written to him asking this question, because sometimes he appears to be married to her in his films and other times still courting her. What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady. If the story calls for a romantic courtship, then Minnie is the girl; but when the story requires a married couple, then they appear as man and wife. In the studio we have decided that they are married, really."

thrillme
11-16-2007, 07:16 PM
If Mickey and Minnie got married just how many little mice would running around Disney by now?

Pipalotta
11-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Maybe Mickey's "nephews" are really him and Minnie's children. Ha I mean come on he has nephews but they have never acted like he had a brother or sister. LOL

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-17-2007, 03:29 AM
Well, Mortimer is his cousin so it's possible for him to have nephews.

Although, I thought Walt didn't want them to be married? Maybe I misunderstood this part....:(

tinklover
11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
if the nephews were mortimers son's that would make them mickey's second cousins not nephews. same with donald i never heard of donald having a brother just ucle scrooge so how are huey dewey and louis his nephews? maybe it is just the magic of disney :secret:

mdearmas
11-21-2007, 03:15 PM
This is the funniest thread I have ever read!!!

:goofy:

Bethis26fan
11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
This is the funniest thread I have ever read!!!

:goofy:

It is fun isn't it. :)

DisneyTwirler13!
11-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I heard somewhere that Disney didn't have Mickey and Minnie married to each other because it would make them seem like adults instead of a bunch of young friends or something like that.
It is true that the voices for Mickey and Minnie are married in real life.
Maybe Disney figured that that was enough...
And both mice are very busy... maybe they felt they had too unstable schedules and wouldn't have time for each other with all the movies, parades, shows, autograph/picture sessions, all that junk.
This is a fun thread! ;)

Mackflava99
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
I always thought mickey had a thing for Daisy :)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I always thought mickey had a thing for Daisy :)

exactly! and that donald has a thing for minnie.

TinkRocks
01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I bet everyone could have a field day with the possibilities of mixing and matching all the Disney characters...

Lilo & Chip

Belle & Buzz

Jasmine & Donald

Mickey & Cinderella

Marilyn Michetti
01-05-2008, 09:45 PM
I guess it's kind of like Lucy and Desi - you never saw them in bed together, but she had a child on the show.

Minnie and Micky actually had "three blind mice", but for appearance sake, they put them in a different cartoon.:number1:

animalkingdomguy
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
It would seem to be a great chance to introduce new characters. Donald has his nephews, why not Mickey and Minnies kids. The people in marketing and merchandising could have a field day. Imagine the Minnie's Maternity clothing line, the infant clothing and accessories named after the mouse kids. This could be a real cash cow for Disney.:mickey:

Mufasa
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
The explanation is quite simple- Disney characters only have 4 fingers on their hands (well, 3 fingers and what would be their thumb).

So where would you put a wedding ring if there isn't a ring finger?

aabshagen
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Actually this topic came up during one of the tours we were on a little over a year ago. The guide of the tour put out some good points as to why they have never been married. And most of the points seem to be valid.

1. As to not offend any group what kind of wedding would they have? Cathloic, Christian, etc.
2. Many people tend to like the romance side of a relationship and lose interest once a couple is married.

I was thinking there was a third point that he had but as it has been well over a year ago I don't remember what it was.

Mackflava99
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
When couples honeymoon at WDw the bride gets minnie ears and the grrom gets mickey ears, they also sell a dancing figurine my kids got at epcot that has mickey and minnie in wedding outfits.
makes you think- maybe they are married and keep it under wraps.

Also, how could they have a pregnant minnie walking around- if they eventually had kids ?
We can't just try to hide it and say " Minnie sure does have a beer belly ..."

crazy4tink
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
If Mickey and Minnie got married just how many little mice would running around Disney by now?

Call off the dogs... um, mice... I actually have the story from Mickey and Minnie themselves! :mickey:

Last year, we visited Minnie and Mickey at AK and had a grand conversation (but they don't talk?) with Minnie and Mickey about kids and marriage. I began by asking Mickey why there aren't any little mice running around yet? He shook his head and pointed to his ring finger! "Oh!" I said, "Well why haven't you made an honest woman out of Minnie yet?" Mickey pointed to Minnie and indicated that she wouldn't marry him! Minnie blushed and laughed... and agreed! She enjoys the single life, having her man and her freedom.

Someone said it earlier in this thread, she has the best of both worlds... Mickey AND her own house, life, etc :cloud9:

This truly was the most enjoyable character interaction we had the whole trip. My DS couldn't believe it and we all had such a good laugh. We still talk about that meeting!

PirateLover
01-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Call off the dogs... um, mice... I actually have the story from Mickey and Minnie themselves! :mickey:

Last year, we visited Minnie and Mickey at AK and had a grand conversation (but they don't talk?) with Minnie and Mickey about kids and marriage. I began by asking Mickey why there aren't any little mice running around yet? He shook his head and pointed to his ring finger! "Oh!" I said, "Well why haven't you made an honest woman out of Minnie yet?" Mickey pointed to Minnie and indicated that she wouldn't marry him! Minnie blushed and laughed... and agreed! She enjoys the single life, having her man and her freedom.

So Funny! We actually got an opposite "story."
We told Mickey and Minnie that we just got engaged and Minnie grabbed my had and started pointing to my ring and pointing to Mickey and gesturing as if to say "Where's mine?" Mickey seemed embarrassed and tried to hide. Mixed messages! Maybe it's better they stay single if they don't really know what they want. ;)