PDA

View Full Version : Faxing Room Requests

lovenmickey
11-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Can you explain to me what exactly this does? We are landing in Orlando at 8pm and I would like to try ensure we dont get the worst room possible at Pop due to the fact that we are arriving so late.
We have already requested the 90's blg. can someone recommend a great room in that location that I might be able to fax a request too???

Thanks!

faline
11-14-2007, 07:02 PM
It may not do anything. Word is..Disney was receiving so many requests via fax that they no longer pay attention to them.

tikiman
11-15-2007, 10:13 AM
memos went out to the resorts a few years ago telling them not to accept faxed requests as policy.

If your request is already noted on your reservation than that is the best and only way to put in a request.

Von-Drake
11-15-2007, 10:25 AM
When we went to Pop this past August, we asked the CM who took our reservation regarding this and she confirmed that the best way is to have the note included on your reservation request and not to fax additional information.

MsMin
11-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I've stayed in the 90's before and often the options there are close to the pool, away from the pool, a particular floor, closest to the parking lot, closest to the Great Hall, etc. -- Whatever your preference. Don't fret about your arrival time. Whenever I've had a request that has been fulfilled the room was blocked in advance of my arrival so it didn't matter what time I was arriving. Remember too that them more complicated the request the more difficult it is to fill it, so pick and choose carefully.
Last month we arrived @ 1:47am and our request had been fill and "blocked" as the CM told us on our arrival.
Good luck with your vacation dreams.....
Oh yes, this past trip our request was through the agent when we made the ressies and not by fax. The last time faxed a request was in Dec. 05, which they fulfilled but we had a very unusual request because we requested a specific mousekeeper that we had 2 years before- that request got a lot of attention. Our wonderful mouskeeper, Jose' said my fax made Mickey Mouse very happy! (he didn't speak English too well;)).

TammiMcMan
11-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Most of the values do pre-assign rooms, however blocking them completely usually comes from special services. I don't think there are many room change requests done at the values, so you'll probably be all set with having your requests noted on your reservation. You will be checking in during a busy weekend (Pop Warner & the Parade taping), but worst case, you can always request a room change either on Sunday or Monday morning.