PDA

View Full Version : 4-Day Cruise--Palos"

lbarden
11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
We are going on a 4-day cruise in late January and wondered which nights would double up on the restaurants. We don't want to miss any of the 3 in the rotation, but we would also like to enjoy Palo's one night.

Is our duplicate restaurant the last night or is it sometime during the middle of the trip?

cubbie
11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I could be wrong, since it's been 7 years since our trip, but our repeat restaurant was the last day. Although it varies for everyone, for us I believe it was Parrot's Cay the first day, Lumiere's the second day, Animator's Palate the third day, and Animator's Palate again the last day, so we chose Palo so we didn't have to double up.

GreenBeetle
11-14-2007, 05:36 PM
You won't know which restaurant will repeat until you receive your dining rotation tickets when you board. Ours was Tritons the second and third night of the cruise. It was not the same menu though - the second night was Pirates of the Caribbean night so all restaurants served the same Pirate-themed menu.

We never did Palos. Since this was our first cruise I didn't want to miss any of the nights in Parrot Cay, Tritons and Animators Palette. Maybe next time! ;)

Hope this helps.

lbarden
11-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks Green Beetle. I saw some information somewhere else telling me that the duplicate night was Monday/Tuesday.

I was hoping that the duplicate night was Wednesday!! :sad:

Mollywobbles
11-15-2007, 11:08 AM
I've read that the during the 4 night cruises Palo also has a brunch. I think that this is what we are going to do on our cruise next year. We'll do the brunch on our at sea day.

TammiMcMan
11-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Currently, the double nights are Monday/Tuesday. On Monday, you'd have the normal restaurant menu. On Tuesday, you'd repeat the Monday night restaurant, but everyone would be eating off the special Pirate menu.

Our first cruise, I looked through all the restaurant menus and decided that we'd eat lunch at Parrot Cay, so I didn't mind missing a dinner there. On our second cruise, we went to Palo all 4 nights and never did our regular dining rotation. I just loved the chefs nightly selection and especially liked that it was made to order. Felt a little less "assembly" line.

If you can't decide on dinner, then you may want to indulge in the buffet. That is only offered on the sea day of the 4 night cruise.

lbarden
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
TammiMcMan--

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what we'll do about Palos since I do want to see the Pirate party. If the brunch is available, I would prefer that. However, we will probably get to Port Canaveral around 1:30 and I figured that the brunch seatings would all be taken. :(

Everyone has been so much help!! Thanks. We can hardly wait.

TammiMcMan
11-16-2007, 09:37 PM
The Pirate party doesn't happen until after dinner up on deck 9. If you have an early Palo reservation, you probably won't miss a thing. We got out of Palo pretty late and still managed to see the fireworks before heading down to the nightclub.

If you need to wait until boarding for the brunch reservation, then I suggest going right there as soon as you do get on the ship. The brunch is much more limited, so space does fill up. If by chance they are booked, you can go on a waiting list for cancellations. Unfortunately, not everyone does cancel ahead of time, so you could always stop by Palo to see if they had any no shows.

ElenitaB
11-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Don't forget that you can log onto the DCL site in advance of your cruise to make reservations. If you're a first time cruiser, you would log on 75 days prior to cruising; if you're a repeat cruiser (and therefore a member of the Castaway Club), you can make your reservations 90 days in advance; and if you're cruising concierge level, you can make your reservations 105 days out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took my own advice! It's 90 days out and I just booked brunch online for our February cruise! Can't wait! :D