PDA

View Full Version : Faxed Room Requests to WL

Disney_Barbie
11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought at one point I read that WL is the only resort that you can not fax in your room requests to. (but maybe I was just not paying good enough attention because I NEVER thought I would have a chance to stay @ the WL) Well, low & behold, we're staying in less than 2 months :mickey:
Anyway, I'm a big believer in the room request. I just went to double check my memory & make CERTAIN that I couldn't fax in room requests but when I went to check, I couldn't find anything saying it was a no-no.
I have two small requests that I imagine shouldn't be too hard to cater to, but are QUITE important to me. I REALLY want to be in the highest floor that I can be (for some reason being on the 1st or 2nd floors of hotels really creeps me out!) and if possible, I'd like to be in the Main building (but that request is not AS important as the floor)
Anyway, should I bother faxing, or was I right in thinking that you're not suposed to do that @ WL anymore. Or should I have Magical Journey's add it as a note to my reservation (although I DO hate to bother Debbie again!) Or should I just wait to request those things @ check in (although we won't be checking in until past midnight & I fear by that point it might be too late) WHAT TO DO???

tikiman
11-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Faxing room requests for years was not the preferred way as far as the resorts were concerned. They got so many faxes for business info, junk and requests that they were not going to have someone filter through them all to find requests and get them than sent to the reservation center (since your reservation is not even at the resort until 10 days before you arrive), so a few years ago a notice went out to the resorts that they should not take requests via fax. I am sure there are a few circumstances where someone ran across one and got it to CRO but they were going against policy. Also calling in your request would have a similar problem that they do not even have your reservation in the resort system yet along with the fact that the phone numbers to the resorts do not actually go to the resort but an offsite call center.

Basically the best and right way to get a request done is with the person who did your reservation. Also it makes a big deal if it is done when you are making the reservation or later after it is already made because if it is done later you are relying on it to get noted on the original reservation and I can tell you many times the person you call and takes notes somehow doesn’t get it noted later onto the original reservation.

You are right that no where (publicly) does it say to NOT fax requests but I don't believe I have ever seen anything on official Disney pages or documents that says that you CAN fax requests. Maybe I am wrong.

I am sure M.J can get your request noted on the reservation so that is your best bet.

Aloha

Steve

KylesMom
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Or should I have Magical Journey's add it as a note to my reservation (although I DO hate to bother Debbie again!) I'm sure Debbie would love for you to bother her :D. I always have our MJ agent place important requests on the reservation - such as bed request, non-smoking, special celebration, etcetera. It has been suggested by WL staff members who frequent our boards that faxed requests are discarded due to the sheer number of them received.

Disneyatic
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I have read on a few different posts on Intercot that faxing a room request has become less and less effective. I was also told by Melissa at Magical Journeys that the best way is to have it noted on your reservation.
I would definitely as your MJ rep to note it on the request and then if you want to, call the hotel directly at the 10 day mark to request it directly.

Good Luck and enjoy the Wilderness Lodge!
We are staying at the WL Dec 2008 and are SO excited! We have a request for a specific area on our reservation and I am crossing our fingers that we get lucky.

TheRustyScupper
11-14-2007, 04:45 PM
. . . It has been suggested by WL staff members who frequent our boards that faxed requests are discarded due to the sheer number of them received . . .

1) Not just discarded.
2) They end up in "File 13".
3) But, usually not until some people laugh at them.
4) Some are even taped to the wall because they are so silly.
5) Just make sure the request is on the ressie.
6) Don't call or fax the resorts.
7) By the way, most resorts are going to "no call, no fax".

NOTE: Not only do the faxes get laughed at and trashed, sometimes they work to the opposite intent. Sometimes "Room CM's" actually put the person in a less desirable location because they faxed in long requests. They are thought to be asking for something special or are just greedy, so they get the "special" treatment.

tikiman
11-14-2007, 05:26 PM
1) Not just discarded.
2) They end up in "File 13".
3) But, usually not until some people laugh at them.
4) Some are even taped to the wall because they are so silly.
5) Just make sure the request is on the ressie.
6) Don't call or fax the resorts.
7) By the way, most resorts are going to "no call, no fax".

NOTE: Not only do the faxes get laughed at and trashed, sometimes they work to the opposite intent. Sometimes "Room CM's" actually put the person in a less desirable location because they faxed in long requests. They are thought to be asking for something special or are just greedy, so they get the "special" treatment.

Very true!!!!