PDA

View Full Version : Will DDP change during Dec-Jan stay?

Goofy Dad 13
11-14-2007, 03:08 PM
If you are on the DDP and check in Dec 29 and check out Jan 2, will the DDP stay the same for the entire trip, or will it change Jan 1 for the last two days?

Have an AP so would not be on the DDP, but with holiday pricing, the DDP may be a much better value for those considering it.

GrumpyFan
11-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Hmm, good question. Not real certain about the answer. Someone from Disney will probably have to answer.

As a "techie", (nerd) I would say the issue depends on how their computers were programmed and whether or not they actually "know" the difference between the 2007 plan and the 2008 plan. It sounds simple, but it's a little complicated to the computer. They could have written it one of two possible ways. 1) The "plan" will change based on the date you are dining. Meaning, their computer will look at the date and automatically switch to the new plan. 2) The plan will change based on what you bought. The computer will look to see what plan you bought and are eligible for and make allowances based on that.

The first way is the easiest, (laziest) and is the way a lot of programmers would choose to do it. The second is more involved and time consuming. I would expect that if it works the fisrt way, they would just give you appetizer for free and give you an 18% discount to cover the tip.

DizneyRox
11-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Hmm, good question. Not real certain about the answer. Someone from Disney will probably have to answer.

As a "techie", (nerd) I would say the issue depends on how their computers were programmed and whether or not they actually "know" the difference between the 2007 plan and the 2008 plan. It sounds simple, but it's a little complicated to the computer. They could have written it one of two possible ways. 1) The "plan" will change based on the date you are dining. Meaning, their computer will look at the date and automatically switch to the new plan. 2) The plan will change based on what you bought. The computer will look to see what plan you bought and are eligible for and make allowances based on that.

The first way is the easiest, (laziest) and is the way a lot of programmers would choose to do it. The second is more involved and time consuming. I would expect that if it works the fisrt way, they would just give you appetizer for free and give you an 18% discount to cover the tip.
I think the official word is it will work as the "first" description states. On Jan 1st, you should only be allowed to pick an app and will need to leave a tip (if you choose). I would assume at check-in they will give you a two dollar credit.

GrumpyFan
11-15-2007, 12:15 AM
I think the official word is it will work as the "first" description states. On Jan 1st, you should only be allowed to pick an app and will need to leave a tip (if you choose). I would assume at check-in they will give you a two dollar credit.

Ooh, that's probably a more reasonable expectation than mine.

LibertyTreeGal
11-15-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that EVERYTHING changes in 2008 as far as accomodations and dining goes. In other words, if you come during value and leave at a peak time, it used to be that you would pay the value rate for the entire stay -- not anymore. Now you pay the going rate for each night. So, it may very well be that you would change over to the 2008 DDP.

magicman
11-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow. You will get to see the huge contrast between the two plans real-time.

On the 31st you'll be getting appetizers & won't have to worry about the tip, then on the 1st you'll get TWO WHOLE DOLLARS back which won't nearly offset the mandatory tip that you'll have to pay.

It's rare when you see companies actually give you less and increase the charge at the exact same time. Ordinarily companies will do one, wait a while, then do the other.