PDA

View Full Version : Info on Victoria & Alberts?

Mysttree
11-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I would like to know more about Victoria & Albert's, where can I find more info? We will be going to Disney for our 13th anniversary :party: and would perhaps like to experience this. I tried looking under the menu list but cannot find the information that I'm sure is available.
TIA,

meldan98
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
We ate at V&A for our first Xmas dinner on honeymoon and it was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone celebrating a special occassion. The menu's change pretty often and it is a multi course dinner. I think ours was 6 courses with a special added on course that the chef created. The dining rooms look like very formal dining rooms with fireplaces. There are 3-4 tables in each room with live music being played in entry way (harp when we went). Your waiter and waitress are named Victoria and Albert. When you order you get a few items to choose from for each course and you can even add a wine package. We weren't into wine when we went so we didn't do that, but if we were to do it again we would add the wine package. There is also a special chef's table that you can book where the chef will come meet you, talk to you about any likes and dislikes, and will then make you a special dinner.

SurferStitch
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
V&A is our favorite!! We've gone many times, and will be there again in December.

The menu does change frequently, but you will always find a red meat, fowl, seafood and vegetarian. Chef Scott Hunnel is amazing, and will accommodate any needs you may have.

The dining room is gorgeous. It's really just one large room, sort of sectioned off a little. There is also another room for larger parties. You could also reserve the chef's table in the kitchen area, but we love the dining room so much. The dining room has never once been filled to capacity when we were there. They always seem to leave just the right number of tables empty.

The wine pairings are an incredible value, and I highly recommend getting it.

Coffee is a show in itself. The Cona vacuum brewers they use are very cool. We scoured the internet back around 1999 for one after we decided we had to have one (only one place sold them). Now your server will give you a card with names of places where you can purchase them.

Service is the best you will find ANYWHERE. I've never had better service and professionalism than at V&A.

If they have the Kona Chocolate Souffle on the menu for dessert....I highly, highly, highly recommend it. It's pure heaven. :cloud9:

MonoMan
11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
We have dined at V&A numerous times. The entire dining experience is magnificent and very romantic. The food selections are amazing. During our last trip we dined at the Chef's table, which was AMAZING, but I will warn you that it does not have same romantic atmosphere as sitting in the dining room, so if it is your first time, I would suggest a table in the dining room and make your reservations early! :mickey:

DizNee143
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
ill be in disney for half of my honeymoon in sept..
about how much does it run for a couple to eat dinner?
im thinking about it..
but me and my fiance...dont really like very fancy stuff..we are simple meat and potatoes people...but V&A just sounds so nice and it would be a great dinner to have on our honeymoon..
i jsut dont really know if we would truely enjoy it..

garymacd
11-16-2007, 09:09 PM
If you would like to see a sample menu from when we celebrated our 25th anniversary at V & A's, go to "info central" at the top of this page, scroll down to "Dining", click on "Menus" and look for for Victoria & Albert's near the bottom of that page in the "Resorts" section.

Be prepared to spend about three hours and about $300 - 400. The wine pairing cost us about $55 each and was worth every penny. Brittany, as for meat and potatoes, you will get them. Just don't expect your everyday swiss steak and mashed potatoes. Expect Kobe beef, elk and buffalo.

Don't be afraid to try anything you are offered. Even the fish. I hate fish. But I ate it, anyway. For the first time in my life, I ate fish that didn't taste like fish. Kinda ironic...and weird, too.

I know you will have a great time. We certainly did.

And, Tia, congratulations on your 13 years together! You deserve a great night out.

KylesMom
11-16-2007, 09:41 PM
ill be in disney for half of my honeymoon in sept..
about how much does it run for a couple to eat dinner?
im thinking about it..
but me and my fiance...dont really like very fancy stuff..we are simple meat and potatoes people...but V&A just sounds so nice and it would be a great dinner to have on our honeymoon..
i jsut dont really know if we would truely enjoy it..

V&A's runs about $250 per couple plus tax & gratuity, with an additional $120 for wine pairing. This is the most formal dining experience on Disney property and is "fancy". If you are unsure, I would definitely recommend searching further on the internet for sample menus before you commit to dining there. While the ambiance may be the ultimate in romanticism, it would be unfortunate if you did not like the dishes served. Trust me, DH is a basic food person, and while I would love to venture into the realm of very fine dining, I know that DH would not be open to most of the menu items served.

Mystree, I've heard nothing but the absolute best about V&A's. Congrats on your lucky 13th Anniversary! :mickey:

KBMaggs
11-21-2007, 03:27 PM
My DH and I have been to Vicky & Al's twice, and our meals have been wonderful. We have eaten things that we have never before experienced, and enjoyed every bite! In February we will be dining at the Chef's table; I will be posting a review when we return home.
Bottom line- if it is within your means, go for it!:mickey:

Natazu
11-22-2007, 03:49 AM
Vicky's is a beautifully decorated gourmet dining room. The seatings are small, less than 70 people, so it's quiet. When you are seated, you will be presented with the night's menu, personalized just for you right down to any allergies each person might have.

You'll tell your team of servers (who now use their real names instead of Victoria & Albert) what item you want from each of the six expertly crafted courses. Wine pairings are available for each course or by the bottle from $20 - $10,000. Then, your experience begins. Every aspect of gourmet dining is observed, from crummers to the Queen Victoria dessert spoon. Through each course, you will receive the best service imaginable from the Vicky's team. The food is always perfect. I find myself eating things that I would never get at home, zuchini, squash, pate. Its all so good.

And then there's the coffee.... oooh, the coffee. Worth a trip to Orlando by itself.

Oh, I almost forgot, they'll even park your Segway for you 'til after the meal.

garymacd
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh, I almost forgot, they'll even park your Segway for you 'til after the meal.

Just be careful riding your Segway home after your wine pairing experience! :rotfl:

Natazu
11-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Just be careful riding your Segway home after your wine pairing experience! :rotfl:
Actually, when I'm drunk, the gyros keep me from falling over. It's great. :D