PDA

View Full Version : Which week in December?

wilcat
11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
I was going to go to WDW in September but the more I thought about it I really want to go down to see all of the Christmas decorations. :santa: I am planning December 2008 and want to know if the week after Thanksgiving (Nov. 30 to Dec. 6) or the first week of December (Dec. 7 to Dec. 13) would be better. How are the crowds those weeks and which would you choose and why.:tree:

Strmchsr
11-14-2007, 08:22 AM
I would pick Dec 7-13. The week after Thanksgiving is not horribly crowded, but has grown increasingly more so due (I think) to many of the guidebooks printing that this week is not crowded at all. Dec 7 will get you past the taping of the Christmas parade (which makes MK nuts) and past Pop Warner (not a huge impact on the park but it is on the resorts) and should give you a less crowded visit - after the Thanksgiving crowds and before the big Christmas crowds.

sillyolbear
11-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I would do the 7th-13th as well. The crowds will be manageable and you will miss the events that strmchsr mentioned.

ThanxForNoticin
11-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm going to disagree slightly and recommend 11/30-12/6. The main reason for that is you'll be a full week past Thanksgiving at that time, and the crowds are going to be very low - I think probably lower than the following week. But either week should be good - you get to enjoy the holiday theme at Disney without the huge crowds. Have a great trip.

DDuck66
11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Remember that the Pop Warner football and the cheerleading championship are usually the first week in December. It does not effect the park crowds, but a lot of the value and moderate resorts get sold out. I would still rather go the first week of December. It is a great way to start the Christmas season.

skadar2
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I want to resurrect this thread because I'm having the very same dilemma... and many of the above replies mistakenly assume the wrong dates for Pop Warner week.

In 2008, Pop Warner week will be Dec 7-13.

Because of this, I'm inclined to think that the prior week, though immediately following Thanksgiving, might be the better option. 2008 is a screwy year with Thanksgiving being so late.

I would appreciate any comments.

faberj
01-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Just an FYI Thanksgiving is 11/27 this year so if you arrive on 11/30 you may just get the end of the holiday crowds.

skadar2
01-25-2008, 11:47 AM
We are still targeting the exact same week as you, Dec 6-14, 2008. I've been reading about this Pop Warner week, which has me a bit scared as we were planning to end our week at POR, which apparently is over-run by those kids.

I noticed that you are staying at CSR. I wonder if that could be a solution to the potential problem. I haven't heard anything about Pop Warner people taking over CSR. Hmmmm...

Gator
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
When we went the in 2006, we saw NO kids at CS during Pop Warner week, although we saw a lot at the parks.

In 2004, we saw a ton of cheerleaders at CBR during the dance competition week, but hardly any at the parks.

I think during these competitions, the Values, Riverside, and CBR fill up with the kids.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-26-2008, 05:11 PM
We are going 12/7-12/12. I am not too worried about the Pop Warner groups.
Hopefully they won't be too much of an issue.

NJ Camper
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
we have gone during pop warner week and the parks aren't bad it's more a matter of the kids taken up the value resorts and even some moderate ones if you don't mind the kids and cheering it's ok but if thats not your thing then either pick a different week or book a resort that away from them we stayed in FW and had no problem but do you want to camp???? have a magical time and enjoy when ever you go :mickey: