PDA

View Full Version : Mattresses @ Deluxes?

tundramom
11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Has anyone ever asked what brand/model mattresses Disney uses at it deluxes/DVC resorts? We have had very comfortable beds at Grand Californian, Saratoga Springs and Wilderness Lodge. Now that we're in the market for a new set, I'd be interested in finding out what Disney uses.

Taja
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Never checked.

However, the mattresses usually are made specifically for the resort chains to their specifications.

Just as large retail chains all have different mattress/box spring sets from the same manufacturer, the hospitality industry is very similar.

ChipDale2708
11-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Two years ago we stayed at the Beach Club and the mattress was just heavenly. I did note the brand - I want to say it was a Sealy. However the style on it is part of their hotel line. I went to a mattress store at home as I was in the market at the time as well and asked for something comparable. Got one but it isn't even close to the hotel one. It's 'okay' but I've never really been happy with it. :(

BelleandtheBeast
11-15-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't remember which brand it is but a friend of mine has a sister who contacted disney and ended up being able to purchase a mattress just like the ones at the animal kingdom lodge suites. They told her which brand it was and she bought it right from the manufacterer.