PDA

View Full Version : ADRs - Do we even stand a chance?

deebee29
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Planning our Disney Vacation from May 24-31, 2008. Still unsure as to where we want to eat, but we will be on the dining plan. From what I can figuire, the date for booking ADRs for our trip will be November 24. But I will not be able to book them til the 25th or the 26th. Hoping to get into Le Cellier for dinner one night, and California Grill as well. Still not sure where else. But do we stand a chance at getting in to these popular restaurants if we can't book til a few days late?

I was also wondering what restaurants we should not miss!

Thanks

wendy*darling
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
If you are flexible about the days and times to eat at these 2 popular places- you should be fine if you can't call right on the 180 day mark.
So, since you aren't sure what else you want yet- call for those- get the dates and times that best suit your family and then build from there based on what is available.

deebee29
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
The only thing that I will be wanting on a certain date is california grill on my birthday(may29), still not sure if thats where I want to eat for my birthday, but I will definitely have the decision made when I make my ADRs.

medic9016
11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
You will be fine not calling 180 days out. We just called a few weeks ago for a trip now less than 70 days and got what we wanted. We will call in a couple of days for our last few ADRs. If you are trying to get into CRT, you should not wait though.

Everyone has the do not miss place to eat. After our last trip ours are Kona and Le Cellier. Great food and service at both.

Zimkeeper
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
We just booked a trip for January 6 to 11 and was told that ther was NO availability for Le Cellier for any of the nights we would be there:(. I just called back each day for a few days and was able to get dinner for one of our nights:mickey:. So if you are flexible with your days and times, you should be fine calling a few days later than the 180 day mark.
Good luck to you.
We are so happy to have gotten an ADR for Le Cellier. It is our favorite.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Although I am a huge fan of making ADR's as soon as you can, I wouldn't panic over a day or two!

Start with what you know, and call and add the additional ones as soon as you know them too!

We've made changes well past the 180-day mark, and have been fine, although we had to be flexible with our times.

Enjoy your trip!

Kidsmom
11-13-2007, 09:19 PM
We tried to get ADR in April for Le Cellier a(spelling???) and could only get 5:30 or 9pm and this was only 176 days out.

The rest of our 8 day trip we had no problem, including California Grill.

Good Luck

busterthebronco
11-13-2007, 10:49 PM
i've had pretty good luck calling after i allready arrive!
i wouldnt recommend it but never give up. :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
11-14-2007, 07:39 AM
Book Le Cellier and CG for as late as possible in your trip, and there shouldn't be a problem. The big problems with those two are when people (like myself this last time) try and book them for the first night of their vacation.

DDuck66
11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
I am going to the POLY for a week starting May 10th. I was two days late calling in my ADR's and we got everything we wanted within 10 minutes of what we were looking for. You should be okay but don't wait too long. Also try and be flexible with your times. A late lunch or early dinner is usually avaliablewhile the busier times may be booked up.

Jared
11-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Even in the days of the popular Disney Dining Plan, I've made Advance Dining Reservations at the last minute. Don't worry about waiting a few days. You should be fine, so long you're flexible and understanding with the times and dates.