PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Rehab 1/1/08-02/15/08

caryrae
11-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Looks like Splash Mountain will be closed for a month and a half starting Jan 1st 2008. At least that's what I heard.

The Disney website says the 1st to the 31st of January also the Snow White ride closed same time.

Figment!
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Yep, these have been posted in the rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for a while.

Sounds like the closures will be for routine upkeep and maintenance

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Boy, am I glad IŽll be there the week before that so I can ride it...a trip to WDW wouldnŽt be the same without Splash Mountain :mickey:

Trev&Ev Mom
11-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Splash Mountain is closed every January??? Why??? I never get to ride this because I go the last week in January and its ALWAYS closed!!! How much fixing does it need???
:confused:

JPL
11-20-2007, 10:25 AM
It closes right after the big Holiday rush and usually is scheduled before the Presidents day Weekend and Spring Break. Due to the cooler temperatures in January it makes the most sense to close a water ride at this time of year. This has also traditionally been a slower period. as for it needing fixing every ride gets an annual rehab to keep in top running condition.