PDA

View Full Version : Discounts on holiday rates - are there holiday rates?

Ariel_Fan
11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
This may be a question that has been posted before, but I can't remember and I've been away from the boards for a while. We are going next year and our stay will include the Labor Day weekend. I have a couple of questions to ask. Is only the Labor Day holiday at the holiday rates or is it the entire weekend leading up to that Monday? If you have a AAA membership or AP pass, are those discounts blacked out during holiday times?

TammiMcMan
11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Is only the Labor Day holiday at the holiday rates or is it the entire weekend leading up to that Monday?So far, these are the only holiday specific rates that I've seen noted:

Martin Luther King Weekend Jan. 18-20 (MLK)
Thanksgiving Nov. 26-29
Independence Day Weekend July 4-5 (July 4)
Presidents Day Weekend Feb. 15-17 (Pres. Day)
Easter Week Mar. 16-27
Holiday Season: Dec. 19 - Dec. 31

gardenia
11-13-2007, 04:23 PM
In 2008 there are higher "holiday" rates that apply to MLK weekend, President's Day weekend, Easter week, Independence Day weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, and Christmas week. I haven't seen anywhere where it says the rate goes up for my own favorite holiday weekends, Veteran's Day and Labor Day. This year we got really nice AP discounts on both weekends, and there should be AAA and AP rates for 2008 too.

Ariel_Fan
11-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Thank you both so much. I'm also hoping for an AP rate during that time too. We have to stay where my husband's conference is, but after that we can book as we please so I am hoping for discounts or free food. :mickey: