PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Week 2008

Disney1977
11-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi,

Is Jersey Week the week of the Presidential Elections for 2008.

Here in my school district the students have off for election day and I was thinking of going to Disney that week in 2008.

Thank you for your replies.

kdsjjb
11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
For the past few years, the NJEA teachers convention has been the Thursday and Friday after election day.

We have been twice during this time frame and would not hesitate to go again if my and DW's schedules allowed it. Our district also has off for election day, two days for NJEA and off Monday for Veterens Day, so it's a great time to get away. The kids only miss two days of school, and we can do Disney for 9 days.

Both times we went the crowds have been reasonable and the weather has been great. I had four friends ofours down this past week (yes we live in Jersey) and all four families had a great time. Great weather and the crowds weren't bad according to their reports. Maybe a little heavier this year then in years past. There was talk that Virginia schools had off as well, so this may have contributed.

Don't let the fact that it's "Jersey Week" discourage you from visiting. AS I said the weather has been great and the Food and Wine Festival is happening.

SBETigg
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Most MA schools and some CT ones also have several days off in the same week. People think of it as "Jersey Week" but it's actually a good deal of the Northeast. And apparently a favorite for foreign travelers, too. Crowds probably won't be much worse than other weeks, though, in that time frame.

NJDad
11-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Did the Jersey Week back after the 2000 'election'. Was up all night waiting for the official results the day of the start of the trip (and ending up waiting about a month and a half for the end result).

I took the lack of sleep on a Disney trip to an entire new level.