11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Recap of Facts

Who:
Amanda (Me)
John (DH)
Matt (DS9)
Nate (DS7)

When & Where:
Friday, October 19 until Monday, October 29 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Pool View Bunk Beds

Day 10 – Sunday, October 28th

The pirates once again woke us this morning right on time. We had a quick breakfast at Mara of croissants, and doughnuts ($7.31) and made our way to MK by 8:30. We wanted to do some of our favorites today, and ride BTMRR as it’s refurb was over so that’s where we headed first. Rode Splash and BTMRR twice with no wait. Another ride that seems much faster this year. Then we took the raft to Tom Sawyer Island so the boys could explore. They really enjoy the caves here. When we returned to the ‘mainland’ we got 2 slushies and headed off to ride the Haunted Mansion. They had the Photopass guy set up by the hearse so we were happy as we missed it earlier in the week.

We went into Fantasyland and rode It’s a Small World, and saw Philharmagic before deciding we were hungry. Since we had wanted to eat at Columbia Harbor House on the MNSSHP night, we picked there – plus it was close. John, Matt, and I had fish & chips and Nate had mac & cheese ($32.21). A ride on the carousel, some browsing in Tinks Treasures, and then it was back to Laugh Floor Comedy Club for another viewing. Then to Buzz, a FP for Space, a spin on the TTA, and a sing a long during Carousel of Progress, before back for our FP on Space. We got a snack of Powerade, a frozen lemonade, and a pickle ($6.75). The boys really wanted to ride Pirates before we left so we walked back towards Adventureland. The wait was about 20 minutes but we still had time before our ADR at Chef Mickey’s so we waited. On our way out, we decided to buy the Magic Kingdom Event Party CD ($24.95). Then it was a slow, sad stroll down Main Street towards the exit. People were coming in for that nights MNSSHP and the CM’s waving with the Mickey hands brought tears to my eyes. :cry:

We took the boat to the Poly because I wanted to take our Christmas card photo – so we did that before taking our last monorail ride of the trip to the Contemporary and checked in at Chef Mickey’s. As usual, the place was packed. Our server was great, the characters very lively, and the boys twirled their napkins with the best of them. I had a Strawberry Basil lemonade that had some sort of alcohol in there that was fantastic ! Our DDE discount was $19.99, which brought our total to $109.60. It was a great way to end our trip.

We took a bus to Downtown Disney as we had to pick up our ornaments that were done being personalized. The boys stayed at the bus stop with John while I just ran into Days of Christmas to pick them up. Then it was back to the resort for the huge task of trying to fit everything we bought into our luggage. I packed while John took the boys swimming. We ended up with our 4 pieces of checked baggage and 6 pieces of carry on that holds fragile & non-foldable items. I’m hoping because the boys backpacks are small they’ll count them as a ‘purse’ item. :fingers: DME will be picking us up at 9:05 so we want to get a good nights rest.

Tinkerfreak
11-13-2007, 02:03 PM
We also ate at Chef Mickeys on this night at 5:00. What time were you there?

Momof2boys
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
We also ate at Chef Mickeys on this night at 5:00. What time were you there?

Our reservation was at 5:20 - did you see the guy dressed as Britney Spears ?

Tinkerfreak
11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Our reservation was at 5:20 - did you see the guy dressed as Britney Spears ?

No I didn't but DD9 says she did.

Bethis26fan
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
sounds like a good day, thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
11-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

youngOx96
11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
I think the day before you have to leave is the saddest day of the vacation. I'm usually so busy trying to make sure everything is ready to leave on our departure day that I don't have time to be sad - it's the day before that always gets me. When I get home I cope by planning my next trip.:mickey:

DizNee143
11-14-2007, 03:49 PM
i dont like the end of vacations..seems you guys made the best of it though and got a good amount done today!! :mickey:

faline
11-14-2007, 06:58 PM
The last walk down Main Street is always so sad!

dolphinmickey9170
11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
I always get sad when I am leaving MK. We make sure to wave to Walt's Window on the way out and thank him and let him know we WILL be back!!

realtreebar
11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
thanks for the trip report!! "gotta love:mickey:"