PDA

View Full Version : Complicated Magic My Way pass question

jiifigment
11-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok. I get the whole biometric scan thing. I can't find an answer to this question, though.

My parents are 75 and 77. We're planning to take our next Disney trip with them, and we'll use 4 day parkhoppers. They have other friends in Florida, and will be visiting Florida again in the future if their health remains good.
They're thinking about buying 6 day parkhoppers with the no expiration option, because they're such a good deal.

Here's my question. What happens if their health deteriorates, and they are no longer able to use the remaining days?

For that matter, what happens to anyone's pass that dies?Is it trash? Can they hand it down to a family member somehow?:confused:

I mean, we currently own 5-4 day parkhoppers. If we died, would they be worthless, or could we will them to someone?

Morbid question, sorry, but a very real issue.:blush:

GrumpyFan
11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
From a technical perspective, and according to Disney's own terms and conditions, passes are non-transferrable. The way they enforce this is to scan and store your finger dimensions the first time you use a multi-day pass. On subsequent visits they compare to the original scan and if they're different, it denies access.

If the tickets have never been used, it's no problem, since their is not a finger id associated with the ticket.

You would have to ask a Disney rep. about transferring those tickets, but I've never heard of them doing such a thing. It's possible they could make an exception.

LibertyTreeGal
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
GrumpyFan is right, they are non-transferrable once used. There have been cases of people buying "cheap" passes on ebay and such and getting to the park and finding that, yes, there are five days left on them, but they were already scanned once with the original owner's fingerprints and so they are useless!

But if they haven't been used, they are perfectly valid for anyone to use :mickey:

seashoreCM
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Some time ago, ca. 1994 if I remember, Disney stated in a brochure that park hoppers were "good for any X days out of the rest of your life".

I suppose this is still true of tickets with non-expiration.

Thus tickets with non-expiration really do expire -- when you the first user do.

Non-expiration is generally not a good bargain unless the ticket will completely cover two entire vacations.